ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Jonny Depp won then (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1066605-jonny-depp-won-then.html)

Lozgti2 01 June 2022 09:15 PM

Jonny Depp won then

Nice one, he is crazy but she is crazier lol

IdonthaveaScooby 01 June 2022 09:26 PM

The lawyers won !

BMWhere? 03 June 2022 08:50 AM

Don't think the trial has done either of them any good in the public perception!

ALi-B 03 June 2022 01:50 PM

And some lefty somewhere said:

bUt ThIs mEaNs wOmEn WiLl SuFfEr AbUsE aNd MeN wIlL gEt AwAy WiTh It.

Honestly, glad its over. Can't get over how British pundits and commentators try to draw parallels to this pair of Hollywood millionaires to domestic abuse in the real world and infer that a US court ruling has jurisdiction on UK ethics or its legal system:cuckoo:

Of course #metoo backed the wrong horse here, and maybe those involved in glorifying this pair would do better doing a little less virtue signalling and not jump straight into man shaming before facts are presented. I can't help think this pair are a watered down version of Nick and Amy Dunne in "Gone girl" (just without the murdering, and the, erm, wine bottle :o ).

Oh, and Andrew has Covid, yeah right, like we'd believe that :lol1:

Lozgti2 03 June 2022 03:52 PM

Is it me or are Americans just nuts

ALi-B 03 June 2022 11:15 PM

Only some of them. Remember it's a country full of independent states that have their own autonomy so can be as different as the English are to the Irish.

I've toured across way back when. Deep south, East coast, west coast. On the whole most people are normal, but yeah some are bat sh*t crazy. Worst was Daytona between bike week and spring break which was a mix of 40+ wannabe bikers that trailered their bikes there to just ride round in circles all week, and spring breakers which were just obnoxious rich kids drinking too much; bit like when the uni students fill all the bars in your typical student city.

Hawaii is like an American version of Benidorm. Apart from Waikiki beach is fake...the sand was brought in from long beach...dig a hole and you'll hit concrete!

Lynchburg proper dukes of hazard town...dry county (yet they make whisky).

San francisco's cool, just too many tourists. Too many hills.... didn't check hotel location (at top of the hill)

New York exactly as you expect. Yellow cab drivers is your main risk to life (put on your seatbelt).

Atlanta anonymous nothing city...home of coke a cola...and hosted the olympics - must have bribed them ;)

Los Angeles; huge sprawl of "f**k no get me outta here". The kind of place you take wrong turn and end up fearing for your life. Hollywood stuck inbetween it basically a Sh!thole. I'd rather walk through Neechells.

Memphis; Elvis and Blues. Down and out and places struggling, but people are :cool:

Nashville; Stereotypically country and western. Good place to get cowboy boots. Locals genuinely do not understand British accents.

I passed through Birmingham and have zero recollection of it :wonder:

New Orleans had the best craic.

One thing is universal though; Alot can't drive.

Lozgti2 04 June 2022 12:23 AM

Would like to do the Deep South.

Enjoyed that post though

IdonthaveaScooby 06 June 2022 10:34 AM

No thank you

Lozgti2 06 June 2022 12:04 PM

:lol1:

ALi-B 06 June 2022 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by IdonthaveaScooby (Post 12122018)

LMAO....if you think that's bad, don't go to Australia! :D

Don't recall ever getting bit in the US, despite going on the Mississippi, through swamps and fishing for crocs (with chicken ; ).

Now the Tiger mozzies (day biters) and fire ants in Spain and France...feckin' evil bastids !! :mad:

IdonthaveaScooby 06 June 2022 01:58 PM

Iv been Aus !, not Darwin/ tropical bit though - where they have the crocs ...not gators

and been middle central south africa similar conditions but thankfully not infested with beer swilling massively obese rednecks spending more on junk food than rent on their trailer park statics :(

ALi-B 06 June 2022 02:19 PM

Gators, I forget. :lol1:

Most insufferable people for me are Russian expats found round the Costas.

The Karen and Chad ratio in the US may have changed a bit over time; But generally you don't see them if you avoid the hot spots like Walmarts and Wendy's. ;)