ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   What happened to Rich ossett2k2 (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1066494-what-happened-to-rich-ossett2k2.html)

jaygsi 30 April 2022 12:24 PM

What happened to Rich ossett2k2

What happened to Rich, not seen him on here for ages. @ossett2k2

jaygsi 06 May 2022 11:22 AM

No one heard from him?

NOSSY_89 06 May 2022 12:49 PM

No mate, saw a post the other day that he had commented on, last seen 2020 I think

jaygsi 06 May 2022 05:21 PM

Think his last post was 2021. Hope he's ok.

NOSSY_89 06 May 2022 05:28 PM

Was very active a few years back and a good guy from what I saw.

jaygsi 06 May 2022 06:21 PM

Yea nice lad, my mate travelled up to him to buy some parts for his WRX few years back. Wonder if he still has his number :wonder:

Originally Posted by NOSSY_89 (Post 12120663)
Was very active a few years back and a good guy from what I saw.

NOSSY_89 06 May 2022 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 12120662)
Think his last post was 2021. Hope he's ok.

It was 2020 :eek:

jaygsi 06 May 2022 08:08 PM

Oh good year and a half ago then.

Originally Posted by NOSSY_89 (Post 12120668)
It was 2020 :eek:

jaygsi 24 November 2022 01:52 PM

He's messaged me and is alive lol

ossett2k2 24 November 2022 03:08 PM

Thanks @jaygsi I did miss this place,good to see that you're still here and although the place is pretty quiet it's still full of great knowledge and help. I just need to bring my scooby back to life,its been off the road for a few years now but as well as missing driving it ALOT I need it MOT'd before January so I can park it on the road while the drive gets done 😰

jaygsi 25 November 2022 06:28 PM

Only just got my classic MOTED and taxed just for it to sit in the garage ever since lol

Don't think it's any less quiet than last time you were on here Rich. Anything stopping it getting moted?

Originally Posted by ossett2k2 (Post 12127086)
Thanks @jaygsi I did miss this place, good to see that you're still here and although the place is pretty quiet it's still full of great knowledge and help. I just need to bring my scooby back to life,its been off the road for a few years now but as well as missing driving it ALOT I need it MOT'd before January so I can park it on the road while the drive gets done 😰

ossett2k2 27 November 2022 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 12127131)
Only just got my classic MOTED and taxed just for it to sit in the garage ever since lol

Don't think it's any less quiet than last time you were on here Rich. Anything stopping it getting moted?

I've done 166 miles in the last 4 year and been off the road and outside for about 3 year.
Just need some motivation to sort a small water leak sort the now rusty brakes plus a few bushes then take it to see what it's going to fail on,also want to get rear arches done ASAP as they're starting to bubble,full respray would be nice too but not urgent.

jaygsi 28 November 2022 08:54 PM

Sounds like you need a car pod. Not sure if you could buy an outdoor one. Doesn't sound too bad for the rest of the car, any idea where water leak is coming from?

My arches need doing too. Should of had it done years ago. But quotes I was getting were insane. Then found a decent place and price then covid hit. Not sorted it since.

Although did buy another Impreza and have it fully welded as back turrets needed doing.

Originally Posted by ossett2k2
I've done 166 miles in the last 4 year and been off the road and outside for about 3 year.
Just need some motivation to sort a small water leak sort the now rusty brakes plus a few bushes then take it to see what it's going to fail on,also want to get rear arches done ASAP as they're starting to bubble,full respray would be nice too but not urgent.

ossett2k2 29 November 2022 04:32 PM

I need to clear my garage so I can fit my car in,easier said than done lol
Tbf I could do with using it and making it my daily drive again to put a smile back on my grumpy face haha.

AR lass works from home now so I just use her boring focus diesel to commute 😴

I've bought all the pipework from the bottom end of the engine and hope it sorts the water leak,just need to replace them and hope it sorts it,it's strange because when I keep it running on the drive I can't see any water leaking from anywhere.

What's your other impreza jay? IIRC you got a newage to Potter about in but my memory not so great 🤣

jaygsi 31 December 2022 06:59 PM

Yea might be a plan to get it on the road as daily specially through the summer.

Is it an STI you had?

Just a UK classic turbo nothing special, although In fairly good nick. Got the mods pilled up ready to fit. Misses smashed the Bugeye up. So now have a Hawkeye.

ossett2k2 03 January 2023 12:29 AM

Ye always thought your uk turbo looks nice in the pic jay,really nice in that colour.
Do you do many miles in that or just for nice sunny days?

Mines a v3 sti with a few mods,drives nice but starting to look like a shed lol
Putting it in storage this week for a month or so to get our drive sorted,don't want to risk leaving it on the road without mot&tax incase rozzers tow it away!

Be nice to have a newage to Potter about in,is your hawkeye a turbo?