ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Dent repair/removal kits (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1066136-dent-repair-removal-kits.html)

johno01 11 February 2022 06:48 AM

Dent repair/removal kits

Good morning brothers and sisters, hope you’re doing well 🙏

has anyone had a go at removing dents from there car? I watched some videos on YouTube and it doesn’t look to hard. The dent repair kits are pretty cheap to....I’m guessing the professionals won’t be cheap hence possibly giving it a go myself. Anyone got any experience/advice on the matter...thanks 👍

johno01 11 February 2022 07:00 AM

After watching this uk video I think I will give it to the experts.....

ted bass 11 February 2022 07:20 AM

I think those mobile companies that repair chips/dents ain't silly money, im sure prices start at summit like 50-150 quid depending on the size/number of the dents, a m8 from work had a dent in his rear door and quarter panel done and was 100 quid, think it's just finding a company with a decent reputation and good reviews.

johno01 11 February 2022 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by ted bass (Post 12117062)
I think those mobile companies that repair chips/dents ain't silly money, im sure prices start at summit like 50-150 quid depending on the size/number of the dents, a m8 from work had a dent in his rear door and quarter panel done and was 100 quid, think it's just finding a company with a decent reputation and good reviews.

cheers ted...I’m going to ring around, I’d rather pay extra for a top job...Like you said there, if someone could recommend someone or a company that would be great as I want a top job doing👍

Vxr2010 11 February 2022 08:40 AM

lol , let them do it , i gave it a go and made it worse plus it ended up costing more ☹️ it’s not as easy as it looks 😁

johno01 11 February 2022 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Vxr2010 (Post 12117068)
lol , let them do it , i gave it a go and made it worse plus it ended up costing more ☹️ it’s not as easy as it looks 😁

🤣🤣

exactly what I’m afraid of and why I asked on here..... cheers mate 👍

Tim_ 11 February 2022 09:18 AM

I’ve had dents removed by a man in a van before, cost me £90 and it was very good. The bloke started out repairing panels on cars rolling off the line at a manufacturer and when they went bust he went solo. By contrast another car I own had a different person out to remove dents and it took three goes before they found someone else to do it and get it right. It certainly seems to be experience and recommendation sensitive.

My only experience of body shops is them making a recommendation for a dent guy (the first example I gave above) and then taking on paintwork after the dent is removed because that’s cheaper for the customer and easier for them.