ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   B7 RS4 value? (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/1066032-b7-rs4-value.html)

ALi-B 20 January 2022 11:02 PM

B7 RS4 value?

I know of a 2006 B7 Rs4 Avant going for sale soon via a friend of a friend etc.

One owner, 30k miles, garaged etc.

I've always wanted one but..as nice as this car is, is it really unicorn stuff to buy it and not expect impeding doom; Leaking/failing DRC, timing chains, inlet coking etc. Or is it worth a punt...and if so how high do I go. I don't want to insult the guy but as it's a private sale, no warranty etc . I thinking £26k would be the the top amount I could pay for it.

Thoughts?

hedgecutter 21 January 2022 08:24 AM

I've no idea on value but a friend has one and they are very sought after. I'm sure for a man of your skills it would be worth a punt.
edit 30k miles too!

fpan 21 January 2022 08:43 AM

For £26k and 30k miles I'd bite his hand off.

ALi-B 21 January 2022 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by hedgecutter (Post 12116146)
I've no idea on value but a friend has one and they are very sought after. I'm sure for a man of your skills it would be worth a punt.
edit 30k miles too!

​​​​​​​Most stuff I can do on it myself if I have the time, except the DRC as I'd need to buy/borrow the equipment to refill/pressurise the hydraulic oil every time the shocks are removed/disconnected....just like a Maxi hydragas. Ironically I do have a pressurisation unit for hydragas...won't work with Audis though :lol1:

A lot of owners do junk it for conventional shocks, but it loses the front-rear cross linking that gives it the anti-roll control (just like a Maxi/Allegro/Princess etc :D ). So bodyroll is then totally dependant on ARBs and shock/spring rates. And as a low mile one owner car I think it's something that needs to be preserved. So my thinking is to set aside a few grand just incase it needs a full suspension refurb as there are components that will fail through age rather than wear.

ALi-B 21 January 2022 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by fpan (Post 12116148)
For £26k and 30k miles I'd bite his hand off.

I don't know what he wants for it..he said make an offer, so I'm going to offer £26k.

Probably too low on the face of things as I guess a dealer would stick it on a sales pitch for a hell of a lot more.

Littleted 25 April 2022 02:54 PM

Did u buy it ALi, mate has none Avant and he also said bite his hand off

ALi-B 25 April 2022 06:44 PM

No: Went for £29k :cry:

RAF1 26 April 2022 08:51 PM

A mate of mine bought it - if its from Kidderminster / Worcester area ??

ALi-B 28 April 2022 07:46 PM

If its daytona grey with red pin stripes and a second set of smaller diameter wheels, then yep. That's the one.

Apparently replaced by a electric Mini. :cuckoo:

RAF1 29 April 2022 03:17 AM

Yep that's one ! Lovely example