ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   2008 wrx cat (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1065646-2008-wrx-cat.html)

Paul Michael Allsopp 10 November 2021 09:54 PM

2008 wrx cat

Best place/price for a Cat, 2008 WRX hatch? Having trouble finding anything online, with prices.

AT@JDM 10 November 2021 10:04 PM

Seen a few about. New or used?

Paul Michael Allsopp 10 November 2021 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by AT@JDM (Post 12112956)
Seen a few about. New or used?

Prices for both is fine. I’m probably not going to get one as I’m waiting for the finance company to get back to me, over repairs that need doing but I want a rough idea of whether I’m going to have to sell any body parts if they refuse

jaygsi 10 November 2021 11:29 PM

Why not just buy a sports cat?

Paul Michael Allsopp 11 November 2021 12:06 AM

I’m having trouble even finding the correct fitment. And I definitely don’t want to be paying 500 notes for one, when I’ve just paid 6k for the car which was supposed to be roadworthy, and has already cost me another 535

Vxr2010 11 November 2021 01:47 AM

look up Japspeed reasonably priced 👍

JdmSti2006 11 November 2021 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Michael Allsopp (Post 12112960)
I’m having trouble even finding the correct fitment. And I definitely don’t want to be paying 500 notes for one, when I’ve just paid 6k for the car which was supposed to be roadworthy, and has already cost me another 535

prices for new were 500 or over in the past,some used cats cost 1k,no idea why You are moaning ,imprezas are money pits
good You did not start with S class😉

Paul Michael Allsopp 11 November 2021 10:29 AM

I’m moaning, because I bought a car from a dealer that wasn’t as described and it’s already cost me £535 with a potential £600+ needed for more repairs and a remap, or the cost of putting back to standard. I’m not moaning about the cost of parts, I knew that when I got it as I’ve had one before. It’s different when I wasn’t expecting to pay for these things

stockcar 11 November 2021 12:42 PM

if it was sold with no CAT then return to sender or give them a bill...........

Paul Michael Allsopp 11 November 2021 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by stockcar (Post 12112987)
if it was sold with no CAT then return to sender or give them a bill...........

That’s the plan at the moment. I’m over the 30 days but within 6 months, so I’m in contact with the finance provider, but I’m looking to send them a complete timeline and estimates of the required prices for repair, as they expect the stealer to do it

adam.pah 11 November 2021 02:00 PM

If the cat has been removed then the car would be deemed unroadworthy and therefore you're entitled to a refund or the dealer fixes it. It doesn't matter about time frames, that's just covered by the basic goods and services act (not the later 30 day act that came in a few years back).
Also be mindful that your insurance is invalidated so I would recommend you don't drive it on the road.

Paul Michael Allsopp 11 November 2021 02:03 PM

It’s currently parked up, not being used. That’s not the only fault it has, so I’m expecting that it gets sorted or I return the vehicle. As I said, I’m just looking at prices so I can get an idea of what’s expected of him

evil.soup 11 November 2021 02:18 PM

Sorry to hear you have been screwed over, hope you get it sorted mate.

It could be an idea to get in touch with a custom exhaust builder, not as expensive as you may think and could give you a ballpark idea of cost so you have figures to go back with. Other option is just to contact the main dealer and see what the OEM part costs, if they still provide it.

WRXrowdy 11 November 2021 10:14 PM

Try Alyn at AS performance (stockcar on here)
ive bought bits and pieces from Alyn, he might be able to source an oe cat. I emailed about transfer bearings, he missed my email so I didn’t hear back for a week and had already sourced them from overseas way cheaper than Subaru dealer price, but he did get back with a price that pretty much matched what I paid for them.

Paul Michael Allsopp 11 November 2021 10:31 PM

Funnily enough it was Alyn who did my HGs on my classic, albeit about 15 years ago or more. I think he’s replied on this thread earlier.

AT@JDM 18 November 2021 10:25 PM

Sports cats can be bought used for cheap. But for a standard cat your looking around £500.