ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Audi TT (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/106386-audi-tt.html)

markr1963 19 June 2002 12:15 AM

Hairdressers wheels definitely but...

Anyone had any sport with the 225 horse version? How do they match up with a regular MY01 WRX?

matt555teg-r 19 June 2002 08:13 AM

I'm with you on that one!!!!! Have stalked a few with my little Integra so you shouldn't have any bother!!!

hehehe....

IanWatson 19 June 2002 12:37 PM

the 225 will probably match at MY02 for acceleration, round the bends it'll be fairly close.

Not very involving though, and the 1.8 engine doesn't make quite the same sound.

Old debate put simply...

TT wins hands down as a fanny magnet, and MY99 wins hands down as a point-to-point driving tool.

MY01 is ugly AND slow therefore worst of both worlds! ;)

Denzil_Dog 19 June 2002 12:48 PM

:D
harsh word Ian, watch out or you will have the Bug-ee Brigade after ya ;) heheheeheheh
i must agree though ;)

TaviaRS 19 June 2002 12:53 PM

Its just a Skoda in a pretty frock! :D

IanWatson 19 June 2002 12:54 PM

I have admit - I own a MY99 and I had a two month loan of a TT 225 when they first came out BUT I've never even SAT in a MY02.

Wouldn't get me near one ;)

foz01 19 June 2002 01:18 PM

Dont underestimate the TT ;D

Mine is up to 270 brake and is as quick above say 40 as
mates 98 ppp'd scoob

his is quicker of the line cos of the electronic haldex 4WD system
and the fact the TT has a 6 speed box

as for the 01 version even a standard one will beat it to a 100!!

flame suit on ;)

Denzil_Dog 19 June 2002 01:19 PM

shhhhhhh.... they will hear you....

:D

Denzil_Dog 19 June 2002 01:21 PM

foz, i dont doubt the ability of the TT225 against a new age impreza.
i dont think there would be much in it myself ;)

zilch 19 June 2002 01:25 PM

Not unless you have a PPP package with your bugeye :) which makes it a whole different proposition

cheers

Jim

foz01 19 June 2002 01:45 PM

I'm sure it does but 2 modified ones wil be almost exactly the same no???

StuTTOwner&ScoobFan 19 June 2002 02:16 PM

0-100 std TT225 is quicker than std MY00 and MY02.

If both driven by half decent drivers there's be fcuk all between them point to point across country.

zilch 19 June 2002 03:36 PM

i suppose it depends on the mods, all tweaks are not the same. Palmersport use to run the TT again the impreza on their trackday on the same circuit layout, My99/80s i think, they should have loads of data on track timings, also based across a varying range of driving abilities. I will try and dig out the stats for the day i attended and post them here (averages across the lot)

cheers
Jim

edited to say it might take a while, I have moved since and most of the junk is in boxes in the garage

[Edited by zilch - 6/19/2002 3:40:57 PM]

gregh 19 June 2002 10:36 PM

>> Palmersport use to run the TT again the impreza on their >>trackday on the same circuit layout

Are u sure? I got told by an instructor at JP that Audi wouldn't let them run Imprezas as they would embarass the TT :D

greg

Chins 19 June 2002 11:11 PM

Palmersport got rid of both the TT and Impreza :). TT wasnt the best handling, and the Impreza kept breaking down. S3 was rated by the instructors above the TT.

As others have said a slightly modded TT will give most Scoobies a tough time. I certainly wouldnt try it on with one in my STI unless it was a long road. Only problem there is the scooby has the aerodynamics of a brick above 100 :).

In the past I have owned a modded S3 and Scooby at the same time.

Jonathan

5 Type R 20 June 2002 09:54 AM

Isn't there a very ltd edition TT with Porsche Brakes and around 300bhp????????

TonyBurns 20 June 2002 10:47 AM

Actually Pre MY01,s are quicker in standard form to 100 14.9 to 100 v 15.8) than the 225bhp TT's ;) and with the performance pack fitted (13.9 to 100) (so classed as dealer option which the audi has none of that is backed by VW/Audi UK ;)) its nearly 2 secs quicker :D:D:D:D
Also saying that, the audi with a 6speed box may be quicker in some gears than the scoob but for sheer fun factor, the scoob wins hands down :D

Tony:D

zilch 20 June 2002 11:13 AM

Greg, got out of the TT 225 after 5 laps and then straight into a bog standard UK spec turbo for a further 5. I know on my lap timings and others in our group the scoob was on average a few seconds faster per lap and provided far more feedback than the TT. I think that was on the south circuit if memory serves me right, which is 1.3 miles. Perhaps experts on here who know about track days more intimately can advise the signifance of a few seconds per lap on a short circuit. Will try and get the evidence out of the garage this weekend in the form of stats from the day, assuming the trouble n strife has not binned them.

Cheers

Jim

foz01 20 June 2002 12:24 PM

Standard the TT is pretty poor- well not poor but not as good as
it could be- a chip is the starting point and now i am going for an exhaust and koni coilovers zorst etc!

the fact tht the audi can do a pretty good impression of the scoob with the build quality and al the toys says a lot- it is in essance a little GT which after some tweaking is a great car.

Dont get me wrong I have driven fast scoobs and love them but the audi is a far nicer place to be- I looked at P1's and Evo 6's as well but it was the design, build and residuals that won it for me, Oh and also the fact that the ladies love it heh heh ;)

as for there being a special edition no , not at the mo anyway there are rumours abound, the brakes are a common upgrade from a 993 911 turbo and they are essential if you plan to fo trackwork on the car- they look bloody superb as well but at the mo the OE ones are up to the job for me- plus the fact they are £1600 quid ::)

zilch 26 June 2002 09:19 PM

A million apologies for not posting the results this weekend ;) she who must be obeyed insisted i finished fitting the bedroom furniture, no manacles or chains involved ;) (sunday at 4) I will make an attempt this weekend at digging out the details

cheers

Jim