ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Competition Clutch (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1063448-competition-clutch.html)

MrRtm 12 November 2020 08:21 PM

Competition Clutch

Recommendations for cheapest place to get a CC Stage 3 for a 6 speed blob?
Mine's just started slipping at full boost, will be fitting it myself. would of gone for the Stage 2 but Stage 3 is £20 more so why the f**k not.

Best i've found is bhp something or other in leyland at £470, think any of the recommended places can beat that or is that my best bet?
Ordering end of next week either way
(and sorry to be one of those that post in the wrong forum, half the other sections really are dead)

NOSSY_89 12 November 2020 09:21 PM

Have you tried Alyn at AS Performance

WUZ 13 November 2020 06:47 AM

Bypass the Competition Clutch and go directly for ACT

Alyn at AS Performance will get you one at a very competitive price

MrRtm 14 November 2020 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by WUZ (Post 12092882)
Bypass the Competition Clutch and go directly for ACT

Alyn at AS Performance will get you one at a very competitive price

Reasoning if you don't mind?

I'll give them a ring Monday more than likely

WUZ 14 November 2020 03:39 PM

Better Materials, better After-Sales service (especially through Alyn) and IMHO,a better clutch.

I have fitted several (both 5 and 6 speed) and they juddered but switched to an ACT using the SAME FLYWHEEL and RELEASE BEARING, no judder.

All personal opinion though, I am sure they are many happy customers using Competition Clutch......

Turbovin 15 November 2020 01:43 AM

I have no problems with my Competition clutch but had problems with my ACT clutch, so you can have bad luck either way.

WUZ 15 November 2020 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Turbovin (Post 12093018)
I have no problems with my Competition clutch but had problems with my ACT clutch, so you can have bad luck either way.

See - good and bad reviews on everything, hence why it is always a personal thing.

MrRtm 15 November 2020 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by WUZ (Post 12092997)
Better Materials, better After-Sales service (especially through Alyn) and IMHO,a better clutch.

I have fitted several (both 5 and 6 speed) and they juddered but switched to an ACT using the SAME FLYWHEEL and RELEASE BEARING, no judder.

All personal opinion though, I am sure they are many happy customers using Competition Clutch......

Was genuinely curious wasn't trying to be arsy (arsey?) haha so thanks for the info, I'll be giving him a ring tomorrow, it'll probably come down to price, if there's not much difference i'll try the ACT, I'm about to spend 1500 on a new setup for my pc and about 800 on decent tools so it's what I have left extra to put towards what I've already allocated lol. I've used exedy and CC so may as well try it if it's affordable for me