ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Thinking of breaking my classic (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1063246-thinking-of-breaking-my-classic.html)

NOSSY_89 20 October 2020 12:31 PM

Thinking of breaking my classic

Just like the many posts on here recently I am also losing my job and can't afford to keep this as well. So I am thinking of breaking my classic,

Do you guys think there would be any interest in the following parts and what sort of prices should I have them on

5 speed with matching diff
BC coilovers
Tarox 6pot calipers
Afterburner Vortex
Retrimmed seats (front and rear) in Genuine Morgan Leather. Not the usual fake subaru leather. Previous owner used to work at Morgan and did them.
Usual things on a shell like doors, boot, bumper etc
Airbags

I don't want to scrap the shell if I can avoid it and would like it to go to a new home. Rear arches outers mainly have started to go but sills and underneath are fine.

Let me know your thoughts or if you want pictures

Vxr2010 20 October 2020 01:43 PM

Sorry about your job ,
options are
sell as it is
break it , ebay probably the best money you will get and take it from there
repair the arches and sell it
store it

NOSSY_89 20 October 2020 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Vxr2010 (Post 12091442)
Sorry about your job ,
options are
sell as it is
break it , ebay probably the best money you will get and take it from there
repair the arches and sell it
store it

Unfortunately no where to store it so think ebay it will have to be for the parts

Any idea on prices

Thanks

Vxr2010 20 October 2020 03:19 PM

the brakes start at 700£ , if you are too high you won’t get the interest and just put a minimum of what you expect , seats 300£ , coilovers 300£ , start low on all prices put your minimum in then fingers crossed , i got around 4k£ when i broke my Fsti , you pay around 10 per cent to list it , brake every thing off the car as you never know , if shell is rotting is it really worth any thing other than scrap ?

NOSSY_89 20 October 2020 03:56 PM

Thanks, brakes and interior are worth more than I thought. Turrets have no rot and underside is very clean thats why I thought someone might be interested.

johno01 20 October 2020 05:38 PM

Sorry about the job loss mate, hopefully something else will pop up.

rossyboy 20 October 2020 06:29 PM

Classics are selling for minimum £3k these days, so bear that in mind.

I’d put it on auction with a sensible reserve and see how it goes.

jaygsi 20 October 2020 11:12 PM

All depends on condition, I'd be interested in the brakes. You could remove mods and swap for used standard parts, Brakes are more £500-£600 i think.

Originally Posted by NOSSY_89 (Post 12091453)
Thanks, brakes and interior are worth more than I thought. Turrets have no rot and underside is very clean thats why I thought someone might be interested.

NOSSY_89 21 October 2020 10:13 AM

Thanks for all the input guys, I should have mentioned I'm removing everything in the engine bay so it would be a non runner or rolling car if I leave the wheels too.

I'll get some pics/specs of the Tarox brakes mate also come with 2 piece rotors/bells and pads

Henrik 21 October 2020 10:23 AM

Idle musings from myself, but I wonder how much work it would be to swap my running gear into one of these :)

I've always fancied a classic tbh, but not sure how much work it would be to swap everything across.

How much do you think you'd look at for a rolling shell with interior (wouldn't need engine, box, brakes, suspension, exhaust etc)

NOSSY_89 21 October 2020 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Henrik (Post 12091504)
Idle musings from myself, but I wonder how much work it would be to swap my running gear into one of these :)

I've always fancied a classic tbh, but not sure how much work it would be to swap everything across.

How much do you think you'd look at for a rolling shell with interior (wouldn't need engine, box, brakes, suspension, exhaust etc)

YHPM

jaygsi 21 October 2020 11:45 AM

Nice one cheers

Originally Posted by NOSSY_89 (Post 12091502)
Thanks for all the input guys, I should have mentioned I'm removing everything in the engine bay so it would be a non runner or rolling car if I leave the wheels too.

I'll get some pics/specs of the Tarox brakes mate also come with 2 piece rotors/bells and pads

The Grift 21 October 2020 03:19 PM

I know from looking the gearbox's and diff vary massively in price. The ebay breakers want 800 quid, from a private breaker ive sourced gearbox\diff\shafts\hubs\prop\cradle for 200 so i'd say somewhere in between.

NOSSY_89 21 October 2020 07:28 PM

Been looking at ebay prices today an your're right mate they are all over the place.

jaygsi 23 October 2020 11:17 PM

Any update on calipers bud?

NOSSY_89 23 October 2020 11:26 PM

Sorry haven't been to the car to take pictures but they should be the ones in the link

https://www.tarox.co.uk/product/fron...2000-kmsu0250/

If I can get things moved about then should be able to make a start later on next week

jaygsi 24 October 2020 01:35 AM

Ok nice one, hope they look as good as those :thumb: