ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   F1 2020 (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/1061266-f1-2020-a.html)

Tidgy 20 February 2020 12:43 PM

F1 2020

So preseason testing has arrived and first day is done.

Mercedes are looking very very strong, Hamilton in particular again with a .4 second advantage and on the harder tyre compound.

Williams are looking to be the biggest gainers so fingers crossed they have a much stronger season.

Rusti 20 February 2020 12:59 PM

Yeah been very interested in this new steering mode that Merc have been trialing.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...lysis/4689046/

Tidgy 20 February 2020 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Rusti (Post 12072513)
Yeah been very interested in this new steering mode that Merc have been trialing.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...lysis/4689046/

yeah i was reading about that, there seems to be a question as to weather its legal or not

Rusti 20 February 2020 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 12072514)
yeah i was reading about that, there seems to be a question as to weather its legal or not

Indeed although it looks like they are confident it is as its not just a concept part its part of the actual programme.

More here in the top video, however the rear suspension changes in the bottom video are very interesting

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...des-cause-stir

Tidgy 20 February 2020 01:26 PM

Pretty impressive stuff all round by Mercedes. From listening to the vid its gonna be hard for people to catch up, if they even try

Rusti 20 February 2020 01:31 PM

I think you could be right, that said Red Bull are playing games with their overall pace and we know that Ferrari do the same. Like you I am just glad the Williams seem to got their act together and are running decent pace at the moment. Mclaren also look good.

Tidgy 20 February 2020 01:40 PM

It was interesting that ham was on the hards, its appears to be roughly half a second, so that would put hamilton down to a 1.16.4 which is nearly a second faster than botas :o and thats on long runs so heavy fuel :o

Now on day 2 hes cranked out 103 laps in a morning, where as Haas only did 106 all day yesterday :o

Ferrari are def in low engine power mode, they are 10kmh behind other ferrari engined cars and i ant believe they would have an aero package that bad.

Admittedly we dont know who is sandbagging (mercedes normaly are), who isnt and we will only find out at the end of quali 1 in the first race

Tidgy 29 February 2020 08:36 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/51688538

Ferrari International Assistance strikes again.

Tidgy 29 February 2020 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Hatred (Post 12073301)
Bottas below 1.16.2 ,Russel below 1.16.9 , Vettel 0.1s faster and Kubica one hand driving with bear in 2nd hand 1.16.9- what he could do in 2 days or with better car plus seat and steering wheel made for him

peak times dont tell much

JDM_Stig 01 March 2020 08:24 AM

I would get involved in the thread but for the last few years once Hamilton has won a few races people stop replying to the thread lol

Rusti 02 March 2020 01:56 PM

There seems to be much less of a gap now certainly with RB, Ferrari, Renault, Racing Point and Mclaren. I also think its closer with merc than what testing would suggest, Ferrari are sandbagging like a b@tch.

Tidgy 13 March 2020 02:01 PM

well, guess we wont find out till may at the earliest now

Rusti 13 March 2020 02:46 PM

Great shame I was really looking forward to it.

Tidgy 12 May 2020 03:43 AM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/52612216

well now, i called that towards the end of last season.

Rusti 12 May 2020 08:55 AM

Interesting to see who takes his seat. If Lewis is serious about more titles then he will stay where he is.

Tidgy 12 May 2020 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rusti (Post 12080507)
Interesting to see who takes his seat. If Lewis is serious about more titles then he will stay where he is.

yeah thats the big question mark. tbh i think he'll stay at merc myself, but thats more of a leaning thought than convinced it haha

JDM_Stig 13 May 2020 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 12080499)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/52612216

well now, i called that towards the end of last season.

PMSL

Tidgy 13 July 2020 10:23 PM

And their off!!!

And ferrari suck balls haha

Looks like merc are gonna run away with it this year.

Rusti 20 July 2020 10:23 AM

The Ferrari is dreadful at the moment.

JDM_Stig 04 August 2020 10:43 PM

Another boring F1 race then.

Tidgy 04 August 2020 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig (Post 12087194)
Another boring F1 race then.

till the last 2 laps hahahaha

Rusti 05 August 2020 07:46 AM

The midfield battle is very exciting and its great to see Mclaren moving their way back up the grid.

Tidgy 05 August 2020 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Rusti (Post 12087202)
The midfield battle is very exciting and its great to see Mclaren moving their way back up the grid.

yeah thats goiod news, also seem to be williams have made som progress as well. Russell seems to be a genuine contender for q2 now which is a big step up for them.

I do find it interesting how badly the ferrari engined teams are suddenly doing after the engine 'agreement' with the FIA

Rusti 05 August 2020 11:14 AM

yeah it seems pretty clear cut the batteries they were using were not within the rules (more capacity) and they were using more fuel than they should be. :nono:

Tidgy 05 August 2020 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Rusti (Post 12087209)
yeah it seems pretty clear cut the batteries they were using were not within the rules (more capacity) and they were using more fuel than they should be. :nono:

thing that anoys me is they should have been kicked out, ay other team would be. but ferrari international assistance save their asses yet again

Rusti 05 August 2020 11:38 AM

Yeah, I am all for clever interpretation of the rules (DAS) but bypassing FIA mandated sensors is just plain cheating!

Tidgy 05 August 2020 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Rusti (Post 12087212)
Yeah, I am all for clever interpretation of the rules (DAS) but bypassing FIA mandated sensors is just plain cheating!

tbh its more that they came to a secret agreement that anoys me, any other team wouldnt get that even if there was wiff of impropriety.

JDM_Stig 05 August 2020 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rusti (Post 12087209)

Bull sh&t it was nothing to do with batteries lol
Shows how close you follow F!, They were able to fool and abuse the fuel flow meter installed by F1 to make sure they dont flow too much,
Ferrari were able to see when it was being read and were able to cause interference, at those points they could flow more fuel,
It was also said they flowed fuel to a spare tank and then used that later, but no tank has ever been found,
I have no idea why you thought it was a battery cheat?

Rusti 05 August 2020 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig (Post 12087214)
Shows how close you follow F!, They were able to fool and abuse the fuel flow meter installed by F1 to make sure they dont flow too much,
Ferrari were able to see when it was being read and were able to cause interference, at those points they could flow more fuel,
It was also said they flowed fuel to a spare tank and then used that later, but no tank has ever been found,

I actually said both

While inquiries throughout 2019 centred around the trickery of fuel flow sensors, initial speculation focused in on the possibility of Ferrari running a dual-battery set-up that would circumvent FIA measurements.

Scooby-doo97 07 August 2020 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Rusti (Post 12087212)

They all cheat; some get caught while others don't. F1 has always been this way.

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig (Post 12087214)

He's not wrong though as Ferrari ran a twin energy store setup (since the hybrid era began) and they were running them in parallel configuration to run more power to the MGU-K even though they are capped at 120kW. Then last year they obviously found a way to trick the Sentronics fuel flow sensor, so the FIA introduced a new sensor with anti-aliasing and full data encryption which randomises when the device makes its measurements (before it was at set intervals), ultimately making it impossible to synchronise any ancillary parts to the measurement frequency.

Shows how close you follow F1 ;)