ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Tea v Coffee etc (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1061128-tea-v-coffee-etc.html)

LewisScoob 03 February 2020 02:29 PM

There's not enough tea in china to make me by a LR or RR :lol1:

lozgti1 03 February 2020 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by LewisScoob (Post 12071239)

They are keeping Ali in business though.lol:thumb: And it helps PG too :D

ALi-B 03 February 2020 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by LewisScoob (Post 12071239)

Not sure if its ironic that Tata own both Land Rover and Tetley :wonder:

lozgti1 03 February 2020 06:29 PM

lol

windmill84 04 February 2020 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by BMWhere? (Post 12071203)
Where do you stand on hot alcohol then?

It's not my cup of tea... ;) I can't imagine a situation where you would have hot alcohol? Oh perhaps a mulled wine? It's OK, but I'd rather have a normal glass of red!

ALi-B 04 February 2020 08:46 AM

Congnac in hot chocolate count?

BMWhere? 04 February 2020 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by windmill84 (Post 12071292)
It's not my cup of tea... ;) I can't imagine a situation where you would have hot alcohol? Oh perhaps a mulled wine? It's OK, but I'd rather have a normal glass of red!

Mulled wine at the Christmas market or a hot chocolate with rum on the ski-slopes! :top:

LewisScoob 04 February 2020 09:25 AM

Irish Coffee?

windmill84 04 February 2020 12:16 PM

See I don't really do hot chocolate either, I used to have one very occasionally when I was younger, but not anymore. I think the main problem is whenever I have had a hot drink in the past I've always burnt my mouth/tongue and it's lasted for ages, therefore spoiling other food and beverages afterwards due to the pain. Even when I've left it for 10-15 mins to cool down it's still not enjoyable haha. These people with asbestos mouth that order a boiling cup of tea/coffee from a shop and then neck it pretty much instantly horrify me!! How do they do it?! lol

BMWhere? 04 February 2020 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by windmill84 (Post 12071321)
See I don't really do hot chocolate either, I used to have one very occasionally when I was younger, but not anymore. I think the main problem is whenever I have had a hot drink in the past I've always burnt my mouth/tongue and it's lasted for ages, therefore spoiling other food and beverages afterwards due to the pain. Even when I've left it for 10-15 mins to cool down it's still not enjoyable haha. These people with asbestos mouth that order a boiling cup of tea/coffee from a shop and then neck it pretty much instantly horrify me!! How do they do it?! lol

I'm the same, there is a very small window for me where my tea is cool enough not to burn my mouth and still hot enough to enjoy!
Always do hot chocolate with hot milk which boils at a much lower temperature, so thats never too hot to drink straight away!

ALi-B 04 February 2020 09:12 PM

I always put booze of some sort (usually left over spirits from christmas) in my hot chocolate...just to cool it down, of course ;)

windmill84 05 February 2020 06:55 AM

Of course! ;)

Enebias 24 February 2020 08:10 PM

Hot black coffee first thing in the morning, can't really tell you why I just prefer it, but then once it hits noon I prefer hot tea. If its with an after dinner dessert that justifies a hot beverage I usually take coffee. I really have no rationale for why I split it based on time because I love both, it is just how I divided my drinking life.