ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Tea v Coffee etc (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1061128-tea-v-coffee-etc.html)

lozgti1 01 February 2020 09:23 PM

Tea v Coffee etc

So PG might be sold off because we don,t drink enough and drink more coffee

Bugger off! I drink a minimum off 6 cups a day. Cannot stand seeing people walking round with a coffee to go. And am simply not in to the coffee of a million varieties culture.

Tea is king. Full stop. Why did we become so American and not British (or Japanese and Chinese who have the same views on tea). Don't mind a coffee but it's not my cup of tea.lol

the shreksta 01 February 2020 09:35 PM

I'm a coffee man, cant stand tea at all.
mug of coffee and a cinnamon roll........perfect :)

andy97 01 February 2020 09:36 PM

Coffee mornings tea afternoon, evenings

andy97 01 February 2020 09:37 PM

Coffee mornings tea afternoon, evenings

silver-sub 01 February 2020 09:39 PM

Agree, love my tea!

ossett2k2 01 February 2020 09:50 PM

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...5b0d848a49.jpg

ALi-B 01 February 2020 11:48 PM

Since binning the milk (found out it gives me reflux ), I’ve become a tea snob.

PG is builder’s tea, without milk it’s rank.

Yorkshire
or Twining Everyday

and yow cun shove that Earl Grey upya arse!

Do like a proper large expresso in the morning...got a triple shot portafilter basket just to wind up the coffee snobs :D

Probably can blame the tea recession on those ‘kin hipsters again

BMWhere? 02 February 2020 12:34 AM

For both coffee and tea, people are turning to higher end products. Ground coffee instead of instant. Earl Gray instead of PG. Loose leaf instead of tea bags.

​​​​​​Personally, I can't stand the flavour of coffee so only tea for me. I stopped adding milk (cause it was too much hassle to take milk to work) years ago and quickly realised the likes of PG or Tetley are pretty much undrinkable without milk. Switched to higher quality teabags such as Darjeeling, Ceylon and Earl Gray for a while (which taste horrible with milk).

Now it's loose leaf only for me, mostly drinking the Orange Pekoe from Chá Gorreana since visiting the plantation in the Azores. Is the only tea grown in Europe and they grow without pesticides. They also have a limited production tea called "Orange Pekoe Ponta Branca" that is sold in a tin. It's not always available, but if you can get some while stocks last, it's really a class above the rest! Their green tea is also very good.

If you're ever in the US or Canada, you should check out David's Tea . They have some really awesome tea blends. I got a really great black tea with dark chocolate and blueberries. Sadly they don't deliver outside of US/Canada! Happily I have a Canadian friend here who gets her parents to send it over for me!

IdonthaveaScooby 02 February 2020 08:33 AM

Roobois in bed

Couple cups from stove top ( bialetti ) in morning

then roobois pm , unless run out then it’s pg

we we’re in Melbourne recently, coffee is certainly king there !

domino46 02 February 2020 09:39 AM

wouldn't give up a Starbuck white mocha for any tea in the world lol

Pheonix 02 February 2020 10:12 AM

Tea for me, nothing beats a nice cup of green tea with lemon in the morning.

the shreksta 02 February 2020 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by domino46 (Post 12071104)
wouldn't give up a Starbuck white mocha for any tea in the world lol

Starbucks is great but if I had the choice I would have a costa mmmm iced coffee in the heatwave was super refreshing

LewisScoob 02 February 2020 10:33 AM

I’m a bit of a hot beverage whore, I drink both and go through phases of taking milk or not in either and taking sugar or not in either.

the shreksta 02 February 2020 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by LewisScoob (Post 12071108)
I’m a bit of a hot beverage whore, I drink both and go through phases of taking milk or not in either and taking sugar or not in either.

1 sugar in coffee with a slug of blue top milk for me.
I've also started to have a nice mug of horlicks before I go bed........must be getting old now lol

lozgti1 02 February 2020 05:07 PM

Aargh.lol

Tea!:thumb:

lozgti1 02 February 2020 05:08 PM

You tealophites !

lozgti1 02 February 2020 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 12071089)

:brickwall;)

lockheed 02 February 2020 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 12071089)

+1 tea is vile . I like Lavazza Ora , I don't know much about coffee , I don't even know if its a good one but I know what I like .

Not sure about the cinnamon roll tho.unless it's rotated

RobsyUK 02 February 2020 08:11 PM

I prefer tea. Pg tips is wank unless you double bag it.

I more then often have coffee as I cant be bothered to wait for tea to brew.

Try Yorkshire tea. A proper brew.

ALi-B 02 February 2020 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by lockheed (Post 12071159)
+1 tea is vile . I like Lavazza Ora , I don't know much about coffee , I don't even know if its a good one but I know what I like .

Not sure about the cinnamon roll tho.unless it's rotated

I tend to use fresh Lavazza beans in the machine. Tried a fair few fancy brands, but value vs flavour Lavazza is prettty good IMO as well as Waitrose’s own branded beans. Usually better than what you get from starbucks/costa, but bean freshness, grind and machine cleanliness can have a big difference in taste - especially scale in the boiler.

If anyone likes to have the odd decaf...Decadent decaf is probably the best decaf you can get, expensive though.

windmill84 03 February 2020 07:06 AM

Neither for me, can't stand hot drinks. I only drink water or alcohol lol.

Rusti 03 February 2020 07:52 AM

Tea and coffee for me, stopped using Twinnings and Yorkshire tea and moved over to Clipper as they dont feel the need to add plastic to their tea bags or pointlessly bleach them. :thumb:

LewisScoob 03 February 2020 08:40 AM

Another for Lavazza but crema e gusto for me because I find the red too sour. Thats ground coffee for the cafetiere though, not beans with a bean to cup.

BMWhere? 03 February 2020 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by windmill84 (Post 12071191)
Neither for me, can't stand hot drinks. I only drink water or alcohol lol.

Where do you stand on hot alcohol then?

siluro 03 February 2020 09:49 AM

Nothing happens without tea.

IdonthaveaScooby 03 February 2020 11:21 AM

pre 20 i used to have nothing but water , once start working theres the institutionalised teabreak and post work pint

teenage years much more healthy

The Joshua Tree 03 February 2020 11:51 AM

Green Tea for me, various different types.

ALi-B 03 February 2020 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by siluro (Post 12071208)
Nothing happens without tea.

When it hits the fan, it’s time to stop and have a cuppa :thumb:

Im currently staring at a Range Rover whose electronics have gone haywire, scan tool/tablet in one hand (using SN whilst waiting for it to finish a vehicle scan) cuppa in the other. 😫

lozgti1 03 February 2020 02:23 PM

:D

ALi-B 03 February 2020 02:27 PM

It’s got worse, now have another Range Rover with duff electronics....need another cuppa 🤦‍♂️