ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Tapatalk (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1059215-tapatalk.html)

Rick2017 18 June 2019 02:58 PM

Tapatalk

Is scoobynet still on tapatalk

dpb 18 June 2019 04:42 PM

Its hardly on anything !

jaygsi 19 June 2019 11:33 AM

No it's on garage talk now was moved over years ago. That's what I'm on now. Nice app to be fair.

MrRtm 19 June 2019 07:01 PM

The garage app is just sub par compared to Tapatalk, Tapatalk compatibility should be readded, doubt it would be hard to have both options available

jaygsi 20 June 2019 12:03 AM

Does everything I require. What's it lacking?

Originally Posted by MrRtm
The garage app is just sub par compared to Tapatalk, Tapatalk compatibility should be readded, doubt it would be hard to have both options available

Rick2017 20 June 2019 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 12055212)
No it's on garage talk now was moved over years ago. That's what I'm on now. Nice app to be fair.

I thought it was . I wondered why i couldnt find it on tapatalk

IB Jose 21 June 2019 12:58 AM

We will not support Tapatalk again. They were scraping user data without permission to pitch membership into Tapatalk as a one-stop membership solution (at the time when we ended the relationship).

Garage Talk is ok, but these days the mobile browser is far more advanced and comprehensive than Garage Talk will ever be, and I recommend users to try the mobile template instead.

Rick2017 21 June 2019 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by IB Jose (Post 12055349)
We will not support Tapatalk again. They were scraping user data without permission to pitch membership into Tapatalk as a one-stop membership solution (at the time when we ended the relationship).

Garage Talk is ok, but these days the mobile browser is far more advanced and comprehensive than Garage Talk will ever be, and I recommend users to try the mobile template instead.

I never new this

stockcar 21 June 2019 09:28 AM

pretty sure i posted that info on UK Legacy and a few other forums months ago.......

IB Jose 21 June 2019 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Rick2017 (Post 12055353)
I never new this

Yeah it was a sudden breakup between our sites and tapatalk.
At the time we were running three separate forum experiences for mobile devices: Tapatalk, ForumRunner, and the not-so-great default vb mobile. We built out GarageTalk (honestly without too much success), and pretty soon afterwards Google slowly started announcing requirements for websites to be mobile-friendly while having as much functionality as the desktop site (or as close to it as possible) or risk being de-ranked from search results, so we got onto really building out the mobile browser experience--and it's come a very very long way.

jaygsi 21 June 2019 07:56 PM

Wow first time I've seen someone from IB response to a thread. I've tried contacting IB loads of times, but never had a reply.

Originally Posted by IB Jose (Post 12055349)

IB Jose 21 June 2019 07:58 PM

@jaygsi tag me and I'll come runnin'

or PM

or both

jaygsi 21 June 2019 08:01 PM

Lol how do i do that? Tag you in? Just put @IB Jose

Originally Posted by IB Jose (Post 12055387)
@jaygsi tag me and I'll come runnin'

or PM

or both

IB Jose 21 June 2019 08:04 PM

yup and i get a PM saying you tagged me.