ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   JDM Hawkeye Exhaust Options (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1059168-jdm-hawkeye-exhaust-options.html)

Bruty 13 June 2019 11:22 PM

JDM Hawkeye Exhaust Options

Hi All,

I know this has been done a few times before but I still haven't found the answers I was hoping for.

Basically, I was absolutely set on getting a Tomei exhaust after watching some videos online, links below. Two things are concerning me though, firstly everywhere I see them for sale they taper to 2.5" where they join the downpipe and secondly for the price I could nearly get a full stainless turbo back and a remap.

With the above in mind, are there alternatives that give a similar sound, I get not being titanium it's never going to sound exactly the same? Does anyone have any videos showing some other examples, similar to the video links below to get a perception of how they actually sound driving rather than just at a standstill?

hedgecutter 14 June 2019 12:09 AM

Tomei have had a few that have welds that fail. Invidia titan is a manderel bent titanium exhaust, 3" all the way, just waiting to fit mine, but jdm needs a custom down pipe to connect up.

Jay kay 14 June 2019 02:13 PM

My JDM had a Tomei expreme and it didn't sound like that. Either that one is also decat or its just the video not giving a true representation - which happens most of the time. People often say the JDMs really scream up high in the revs, like a motorbike, but I now have a straight through centre and a Nurspec box (standard cat is still on the car) and mine doesn't. You pretty much have to decat to get the noise I think your after so your cheaper option inc remap sounds like the way to go I'd say. Bit of a bugger come MOT time though.

Bruty 08 July 2019 07:42 PM

Thanks for the replies, I think I'm swaying towards the full stainless system and a remap, at least that way I can get the cat back in the short term and see what I think of it and then get the decat and remap at a later stage.

Has anyone got any videos of a JDM with a stainless system, Afterburner, RCM etc? Unless my search skills aren't very good I can't find much.

RobsyUK 11 September 2019 03:46 PM

Click advance search and it may bring up more.

I have a hawk with standard exhaust with future plans of downpipe cat and keeping the genome backbox

harry007 11 September 2019 04:39 PM

Hi. I had a Tomei system. I tried to fit a RCM downpipe and it didnt fit. So I ended up selling the Tomei and went full RCM. Tomei is loud and aggressive, with motorbike type rasp. The RCM system is much quieter but a great system overall.

H

RobsyUK 11 September 2019 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by harry007 (Post 12061222)
Hi. I had a Tomei system. I tried to fit a RCM downpipe and it didnt fit. So I ended up selling the Tomei and went full RCM. Tomei is loud and aggressive, with motorbike type rasp. The RCM system is much quieter but a great system overall.

H

Did you de cat or sports cat?

Jason6298 12 September 2019 07:10 AM

I had a genome back and centre pipe on my jdm blobeye and sounded ok, but once I put on a hayward and scott decat and had it mapped it now sounds insane on boost.

harry007 12 September 2019 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 12061253)
Did you de cat or sports cat?

Orignally sports cat

LewisScoob 12 September 2019 09:05 AM

The RCM system is much quieter but a great system overall.

Which RCM system? Is it louder than the Team Ice?! Thats about the loudest exhaust i've ever heard. That and the GpA replica I have.

fpan 12 September 2019 12:56 PM

H

Do RCM have a sports cat downpipe?
Edit, just read your reply that you do. What's its diameter?
I cannot find the sports cat downpipe in their website.

harry007 12 September 2019 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by fpan (Post 12061304)
Do RCM have a sports cat downpipe?
Edit, just read your reply that you do. What's its diameter?
I cannot find the sports cat downpipe in their website.

No with the RCM its a full decat system 3" all the way.

sti-chris 12 September 2019 07:51 PM

I'm another for the Hayward and Scott which I fitted to mines , full 3" decat all the way