ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Styling (https://www.scoobynet.com/styling-36/)
-   -   Lowering Springs question (https://www.scoobynet.com/styling-36/1058828-lowering-springs-question.html)

Ravolouso 29 April 2019 01:21 PM

Lowering Springs question

Hi all.

I have a suspension question which is more geared towards "Styling"...
Currently on my classic, I have Tein Springs which are doing great, but I feel as though I would like the car to sit a touch lower.
This is only for aesthetics / styling.

Does anybody know of any other brand springs which offer a bigger drop than Tein?

Trying not to go down the coil-over route.

If you can post any pics of your car lowered for reference, that would be great. Thanks

BrownPantsRacing 29 April 2019 02:08 PM

Unlikely to find many that drop lower than Tein in my experience. You may have to look at coilovers. Besides, if you go too far on standard shocks then you will start to run out of travel which will only cause damage to the shocks themselves and you will more than likely have to run very close to the bump stops if not on them if you go to far.

Ravolouso 29 April 2019 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 12051731)
Unlikely to find many that drop lower than Tein in my experience. You may have to look at coilovers. Besides, if you go too far on standard shocks then you will start to run out of travel which will only cause damage to the shocks themselves and you will more than likely have to run very close to the bump stops if not on them if you go to far.

This is a very good point. 😭
Looks like my car will not be going lower any time soon ....

Thanks

Croney 29 April 2019 09:43 PM

I might have some used Bc br coilovers for sale soon, i was planing on stripping, painting tge bodys, powder coating springs and putting new front top mount bearings in before sale, as i am to go to a kyb based setup

RRP1STI 29 April 2019 10:27 PM

Where is best place to buy kyb these days?,thinking about these with Eibachs or possibly pedders ezi fit for my widetrack,cheers in advance

Russell38 30 April 2019 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by RRP1STI (Post 12051766)
Where is best place to buy kyb these days?,thinking about these with Eibachs or possibly pedders ezi fit for my widetrack,cheers in advance

Autodoc seems the cheapest for kyb I have found

RobsyUK 30 April 2019 06:07 PM

Looks like ill be getting tein then.

Whats the drop over standard?

uk2k 06 May 2019 12:59 AM

what year is yours i have a set of eibach springs brand new ordered the wrong year for mine

RobsyUK 07 August 2019 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by uk2k (Post 12052168)
what year is yours i have a set of eibach springs brand new ordered the wrong year for mine

Mines an 55 plate.
Are they the same drop as prodive

uk2k 07 August 2019 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 12058662)
Mines an 55 plate.
Are they the same drop as prodive

Hi sorry I'm not sure mate I could find the link I bought them from