ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   UK Vs JDM (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1058707-uk-vs-jdm.html)

RobsyUK 16 April 2019 12:57 PM

UK Vs JDM

We all know everyone will say JDM over UK car but on track, strip and B road which would be the better standard car?

gone to check past threads...

Tidgy 16 April 2019 01:01 PM

define better.

barnshaw 16 April 2019 01:52 PM

still see no reason other than cost why a UK would be better, JDM has far better spec as standard, better engine, better steering rack etc, it would be a better car on the road generally in most situations.

Only thing someone may prefer is the gear ratios on a UK car, but again JDM IMO was better there also.

BrownPantsRacing 16 April 2019 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by barnshaw (Post 12050847)
still see no reason other than cost why a UK would be better, JDM has far better spec as standard, better engine, better steering rack etc, it would be a better car on the road generally in most situations.

Only thing someone may prefer is the gear ratios on a UK car, but again JDM IMO was better there also.

Also I personally prefer the 2.5 torque over the 2.0 engine on a road car, so (forged) UK spec for me without paying the crazy JDM tax personally.

barnshaw 16 April 2019 02:24 PM

valid point above, I assumed (possibly wrongly) that we may have been talking older cars where it would be 2.0 vs 2.0, would be good to know what model/year you are talking about comparing.

RobsyUK 16 April 2019 02:40 PM

Sorry I meant out of the box power. 0-60, top speed, handling.
(was trying to type a thread quickly before going for my massage)

Tidgy 16 April 2019 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 12050860)
Sorry I meant out of the box power. 0-60, top speed, handling.
(was trying to type a thread quickly before going for my massage)

again it comes back to define better.

I know that sounds daft, but you need to say what you want to know, JDM tend to have harder suspension spring rates, shorter ratio gearbox's and twin scroll 2.0's vs 2.5 on hawk or newer, classic as above apart from forged 2.0's vs non forged 2.0's

For road use an argument can be made for the longer ratios being better, softer suspension being less harsh, but those reduce performance.

So as said need to define better, balls out performance then JDM full stop, for daily i think it would depend on how much milage your doing.

ossett2k2 16 April 2019 05:00 PM

Sh1te question which has no answer and been done to death,hope your massage was relaxing :hjtwofing

JDMS204 16 April 2019 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 12050837)
We all know everyone will say JDM over UK car but on track, strip and B road which would be the better standard car?

gone to check past threads...

I've been running a JDM S204 as a daily for a good few years now. Would never go back to a UK car, regardless of what engine or horsepower it was running

Jonny Park 17 April 2019 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by ossett2k2 (Post 12050876)
Sh1te question which has no answer and been done to death,hope your massage was relaxing :hjtwofing

🤣😂😝

RobsyUK 17 April 2019 06:21 AM

I’ll dumb it down even more for you.
You open your cornflakes and a Hawkeye jdm falls out.result! Better then a pencil sharpener.

The next day you decide Cheerios and boom another Hawkeye falls out of the box. This time it’s a UK version.
You remove the packaging from both and take it to
A race track.
which one as a standard car is faster 0-60, half mile strip and 10 laps around silverstone.

every other factor is the same.

yes there are a million threads on it but the search is not throwing up what I’m looking for.

domino46 17 April 2019 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 12050903)
You open your cornflakes and a Hawkeye jdm falls out.result! Better then a pencil sharpener.

The next day you decide Cheerios and boom another Hawkeye falls out of the box. This time it’s a UK version.
A race track.
which one as a standard car is faster 0-60, half mile strip and 10 laps around silverstone.

yes there are a million threads on it but the search is not throwing up what I’m looking for.

not sure you would get 10 laps out of a standard 2.5 :lol1: so that should answer the question

ossett2k2 17 April 2019 06:40 AM

:lol: :lol1: :lol1:

Hatch08 17 April 2019 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 12050903)

A race track.

Definitely JDM dude. Even better if it is a special JDM version.

Jonny Park 18 April 2019 06:17 AM

Someone’s been at the cheerios 🤪

RobsyUK 24 April 2019 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jonny Park (Post 12051044)
Someone’s been at the cheerios 🤪

look what fell out
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...70b51a704.jpeg