ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Security (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/)
-   -   Caught two people planning on stealing my Imprezza (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/1058468-caught-two-people-planning-on-stealing-my-imprezza.html)

JDM_Stig 24 March 2019 08:38 PM

Caught two people planning on stealing my Imprezza

So, We have builders work next door, been working there for a bout 3 weeks, not had any issues,
But I pop out Friday to do a few jobs, when I return for some reason I have a quick flick thru the CCTV footage,
Turns out as I drive off earlier these two builders are stood at the bosses pickup, as I drive off this was said.

Kyle He has 3 cars, and he has a right nice one, Y reg, Clean as **** or was until we(unknown)
Mark I bet it`s his baby, Now you`ve told me that, that will go missing now,
Kyle What ?
Mark(unknown) will put it on ebay for me in parts.
Kyle What ?
Mark Subaru Impreza
Kyle They are wank aren`t they.
Mark I will nick it and sell it to Fitz
Kyle Smash it up.
Mark Yes

What are the suggestions from SNET?
I believe they could be done breaching section 5 of the Public order act( anyone now?)

cuprajake 24 March 2019 09:45 PM

Id say police report

neil97rs 24 March 2019 11:12 PM

Def not section 5 public order
but sounds more like conspiracy to steal
could never prove it but still report it . Or failing that a balaclava and baseball bat

JDM_Stig 24 March 2019 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by neil97rs (Post 12048675)
Def not section 5 public order
but sounds more like conspiracy to steal
could never prove it but still report it . Or failing that a balaclava and baseball bat

CCTV with audio not good enough ?

neil97rs 25 March 2019 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig (Post 12048680)
CCTV with audio not good enough ?

not to prove conspiracy they will just say they were joking and cps would never run it

TECHNOPUG 25 March 2019 01:24 PM

True but they would also not proceed to steal the car either.

Fishbowlhead 25 March 2019 02:18 PM

Report it just in case the police can do something. In the mean time get yourself a wheel clamp and steering wheel lock, make it a difficult as possible for anyone to nick it, with metal so thick they'd need a petrol powered angle grinder to remove.

Then have a word with them with a few mates present showing them the recording, make it clear there will be consequences if even a scratch should land on the car.

Adw330s 25 March 2019 07:01 PM

Agree with the above statement.....approach them explain to them you know what they said. You have it recorded and / or report it to the police.

Only thing is should things get nasty they might return later, do something ie paint stripper etc / property damage.

Or yeah you could invite a few “handy” mates / family around and go and have a nice word with them.

SPORTWAGONROY 25 March 2019 07:40 PM

Wait see if anything happens then if someone tries to steal or steals you know we're to go and let's be honest most builders lads talk total ****e.

You have the evidence then

RobsyUK 25 March 2019 08:31 PM

What cameras do you have. I’d love audio.

JDM_Stig 25 March 2019 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 12048758)
What cameras do you have. I’d love audio.

Most modern systems come with audio in now tbh

RobsyUK 13 April 2019 07:36 PM

Did you ever get an update op

RobsyUK 25 July 2019 07:48 PM

Any new op. You alive?