ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Suspension (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/)
-   -   Pedders on a Hawk. (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/1058409-pedders-on-a-hawk.html)

andy_s37 19 March 2019 03:39 PM

Pedders on a Hawk.

I've recently bought a Hawk Sti after a few years away from Subarus. I'm assuming it's got some stiffer springs on it because I dont remember shaking my fillings loose in my old Scoobs. It's also got a slight knock on one of the rear struts. I saw the replacement wide track Pedders suspension advertised and wondered if anyone had used them and thoughts on ride/build quality and longevity.

Cheers.

Tidgy 19 March 2019 05:23 PM

yep, pile of crap (at least wide track fitment), knocked from the top mounts worse than busted shocks. Had 3 sets of rears under warrenty before sacking them off and getting teins instead.

hackisfun 19 March 2019 08:44 PM

Contact forum user 2POT... He can supply Eibach Springs and bump Stops for £290. These are not available anywhere from him but have been made to great specifications. Rear replacement Shocks are available but fronts are only available directly from subaru at like £500 a corner.

2Pot was supposed to be in talks with Bilstien about getting replacement front dampers that will fit the front housing but not sure on progress on this.

This is one of the reason a lot go with the coilover route to save messing about. However to get oem quality ride and feel you would need to be looking at £2k+

Tidgy 19 March 2019 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by hackisfun (Post 12048130)
Contact forum user 2POT... He can supply Eibach Springs and bump Stops for £290. These are not available anywhere from him but have been made to great specifications. Rear replacement Shocks are available but fronts are only available directly from subaru at like £500 a corner.

2Pot was supposed to be in talks with Bilstien about getting replacement front dampers that will fit the front housing but not sure on progress on this.

This is one of the reason a lot go with the coilover route to save messing about. However to get oem quality ride and feel you would need to be looking at £2k+

i;ve got tein flex z on mine and while a bit firmer than stock they are fine for daily use without being crashy and harsh, plus they are alot less that 2k ;)

andy_s37 19 March 2019 10:29 PM

Thanks for the replies. I'll steer clear and have a look at the other options.

2pot 21 March 2019 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by hackisfun (Post 12048130)

:)
Yes. Still plugging away on the inverted inserts.

RRP1STI 22 March 2019 10:45 PM

Doesn’t seem to be any “ middle of the road” reviews of widetrack fitment pedders....either absolutely terrible or fantastic,surely quality can’t vary this much from one set to another can it???,
im currently running 6 year old BCs and they’re starting to show their age so am considering options for which way to go next

Tidgy 22 March 2019 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by RRP1STI (Post 12048431)
Doesn’t seem to be any “ middle of the road” reviews of widetrack fitment pedders....either absolutely terrible or fantastic,surely quality can’t vary this much from one set to another can it???,
im currently running 6 year old BCs and they’re starting to show their age so am considering options for which way to go next

dunno, i had two sets of top mounts, one was suposedly revised to solve the issue, but it didnt.

scotty boy 80 23 March 2019 08:44 AM

I've had pedders on a non widetrack since they first came out and still can't fault them, there still quite firm but comfortable at the same time much better option than the BC that they replaced.

stockcar 23 March 2019 09:30 AM

as above we have had lots of Pedders with no issues at all................

2pot 24 March 2019 12:25 PM

Pedders widetrack - 350mm front, 335mm rear. Spring rates 210lb/in front, 214lb/in rear

Stock hawk sti - 386mm front, 363mm rear (with a full tank - 10mm higher when empty). 223lb/in front, 195lb/in rear
STI pinks - 355mm front, 345mm rear. 257lb/in front, 217lb/in rear. 355mm is riding on the stock KYB inverted, 60mm rock-hard front bump stops.
RB320 - 355mm front, 365mm rear (intentional increase in positive rake) 234lb/in front, 223lb/in rear. Used Bilstein struts - short, soft front stops.

With compliant springs, less than 365mm at the front and you've got very limited bump travel + if running a front lip, it's in increased danger!