ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Any one else bored of mobile telephones? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1058402-any-one-else-bored-of-mobile-telephones.html)

lozgti1 18 March 2019 11:08 AM

Any one else bored of mobile telephones?

Yeah, I know I posted in the computer thread about the razr.lol. But generally, someone needs to move the game on.

My 13 year old computer whiz son never even has his on. My daughter is a different matter- but that's women. Blah blah talk talk.lol

You all still addicted or is it wearing off? Apologies but my mobile people asked me if I would like to upgrade. Couldn't give two hoots really:D

rossyboy 18 March 2019 01:59 PM

I lost interest circa 2000. That was the last time I spent a decent chunk of cash on a phone. Lovely little silver Nokia item it was.

My 'upgrades' always consist of a several models old Iphone that costs me £17 a month or whatever. Just no interest in having the latest thing at all.

Russell38 18 March 2019 04:06 PM

Don't even own a mobile phone not interested either have a tablet and laptop at home

^Qwerty^ 18 March 2019 05:44 PM

Have an iPhone7 from work, prior to that a 6, but I'd never buy one with my own money. Complete waste.

silver-sub 18 March 2019 07:46 PM

Screen shotting, banking apps, maps, etc are pretty useful.

skoobidude 18 March 2019 11:48 PM

Can’t really be bored of them - assuming you include smart phones - as they’re part of everyday life.
If anything I get annoyed by the amount of people walking around with their heads buried in their phones and not looking where they are going expecting others to walk around them.
Also groups/couples in bars and restaurants playing with their phones rather than talking to the people they are with, gad dam!

Nick

Jamo 19 March 2019 05:46 PM

Rely upon them too much to be bored of them to be honest.

SPORTWAGONROY 19 March 2019 07:35 PM

Lost interest years ago just have cheapest phone with cheap plan as long has it rings and texts works my very few apps I'm happy

andy97 19 March 2019 08:29 PM

I was offered an upgrade for very little money to the S10+ I rejected it. My Hong Kong S8+dual sim is still going strong so wont bother upgrading till probably S11 or 12

DTB 19 March 2019 09:51 PM

I'd be absolutely lost without my smartphone. It weighs almost exactly the same as my wallet, so I keep one in my left jacket pocket and the other in my right jacket pocket. If I didn't have the phone my jacket would sit a bit wonky, constantly pulling down at one side. I'd have to find another object of similar weight to carry around instead.

I only actually use my phone to play sudoku and to occasionally send my wife a pic of my knob in the hope that she will send me a pic of her snatch in return. Probably gets about 10% success rate. Sometimes I send my sister in law a pic of my knob but she never sends anything back. Clearly she's frigid.

SouthWalesSam 20 March 2019 01:40 PM

They can make calls but I wouldn't call them 'phones'. They are small mobile computer devices.

Messenger, emailer, diary, camera, calculator, maps, iPod, radio, stopwatch, alarm clock, shares price monitor, weather forecaster, web browser, banking app, office switchboard, occasional telephone, car key, etc, etc...

I find mine invaluable.

The Trooper 1815 20 March 2019 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by SouthWalesSam (Post 12048187)
They can make calls but I wouldn't call them 'phones'. They are small mobile computer devices.

Messenger, emailer, diary, camera, calculator, maps, iPod, radio, stopwatch, alarm clock, shares price monitor, weather forecaster, web browser, banking app, office switchboard, occasional telephone, car key, etc, etc...

I find mine invaluable.

My mobile piled in a few days ago. Not missing it one bit.

dpb 20 March 2019 01:53 PM

Interestingly, away from those with first World problems

There's whole countries + economies that rely on apps used on mobile devices ( not iPad's ...!) , that would collapse without them

tarmac terror 20 March 2019 11:22 PM

Mobile phones is the new smoking. Smokers who indulged their habit in public places was something that used to really boil my piss, mobile phone users in public places has now taken that place. Having been chained to one night and day for work reasons, which disrupted every aspect of life you can possibly imagine, I have no liking for mobile phones at all.

hux309 23 March 2019 08:26 PM

Invaluable especially Calendar and Google Pay. I'm terrible for remembering birthdays and other things.

Rick2017 10 May 2019 05:53 PM

I could go with out my mobile. I don't rely on it at all.

Alex_Rochester 12 May 2019 09:15 PM

I'm getting more and more attached to my smartphone. I listen to BBC6, which here in America, you can't get mobile any other way. Also use the traffic app Waze, read books through my Kindle app, and just recently my local supermarket introduced an app that allows me to scan and bag as I go, leaving check-out to be nothing more than a log-in and payment.