ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Renewed faith in community (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1058280-renewed-faith-in-community.html)

coolangatta 01 March 2019 08:53 PM

Renewed faith in community

This afternoon as I'm crossing local park, I hear 3 hoody type youths, probably 15 ish, plotting ambush of someone ("You go that way, I'll catch him if he comes this way"). I decide to hang around a bit and along comes a lad in school uniform and the hoodies pile in and start giving him a hard time.
I'm well nervous and conscious of sh1t bags with knives but can't turn away. I ask the lone lad if he needs help. Sh1t bags look surprised and back off a little. Next thing another guy walking his dog steps in. Then another and another who is out with his wife and kids.
Hoodies then make off giving plenty of attitude.
Must admit my heart was beating!
Thanks for the back up.

Russell38 01 March 2019 11:03 PM

If you done that round my way you would get stabbed sorry to say its just the way the country is going

mrtheedge2u2 01 March 2019 11:21 PM

I salute you, but be careful. Crazy out there now

dpb 02 March 2019 12:12 PM

becoming more and more like the US or South Africa , it would appear

coolangatta 02 March 2019 08:11 PM

I was just really glad that others helped out. We hear so much that people will ignore and walk on by.
Really proud that I had people offering support.

hedgecutter 02 March 2019 10:10 PM

Well done, fair play.

stockcar 03 March 2019 10:52 AM

Good on you, far too many people just ignore everything around them but are the 1st to shout when thy require help

worst offenders are the ones that stop to film ??? WTF !!

hedgecutter 03 March 2019 11:29 AM

Totally agree Alyn. Too many look the other way, or start filming.

Rusti 04 March 2019 09:09 AM

Well done you, just shows when communities stand up to people like this, they sod off like the cowards they are.

coolangatta 04 March 2019 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Rusti (Post 12046651)
Well done you, just shows when communities stand up to people like this, they sod off like the cowards they are.

That is so True! We all have to take a little responsibility for our areas we call home. Thanks for all the responses. Don't turn away if you can help. Shout for assistance or call for help (999). If my experience is the average then others will step up to help you too.
It's not too dramatic to say that it could save some kid (someone's child) from being in a very bad situation .

Brendan Hughes 05 March 2019 09:20 AM

Sounds rough in Japan.

coolangatta 05 March 2019 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Brendan Hughes (Post 12046745)
Sounds rough in Japan.

In the UK at the mo. :cry:

Fishbowlhead 06 March 2019 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Brendan Hughes
Sounds rough in Japan.

Even the Yakuza are polite in Japan.

Fishbowlhead 06 March 2019 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by coolangatta
This afternoon as I'm crossing local park, I hear 3 hoody type youths, probably 15 ish, plotting ambush of someone ("You go that way, I'll catch him if he comes this way"). I decide to hang around a bit and along comes a lad in school uniform and the hoodies pile in and start giving him a hard time.
I'm well nervous and conscious of sh1t bags with knives but can't turn away. I ask the lone lad if he needs help. Sh1t bags look surprised and back off a little. Next thing another guy walking his dog steps in. Then another and another who is out with his wife and kids.
Hoodies then make off giving plenty of attitude.
Must admit my heart was beating!
Thanks for the back up.

Well done. Big men plotting & ganging up on 1 person.