ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   modern warfare 2.......nostalgia (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/1058248-modern-warfare-2-nostalgia.html)

the shreksta 26 February 2019 04:35 PM

modern warfare 2.......nostalgia

been talking to a few mates at work today about modern warfare 2 when it came out, the epic battles we had and the lobby chat that was just all out abuse. such great times, i dont think they will ever re-create that again.

cant believe its 10 years old now, i played it all the time back in the day and i even remember when i got my 1st chopper-gunner and my 1st nuke :)
some quality maps on it too......

derail
afghan
skid-row
rust
terminal
highrise
favela

and lets not forget mission 4 where you had to kill everyone in an airport.
i kinda wish now that i had recorded some of my matches so i could watch them again.

anybody else really miss this game?

wrx2005 26 February 2019 09:37 PM

No

DTB 26 February 2019 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 12046145)
...my 1st nuke :)?

A nuke! So were you one of those quick-scope snipers? I hated them. Nothing, but nothing, gave me more satisfaction than teaming up with a few run 'n' gun mates and hunting down quick-scopers. Truth be told the hatred was probably only because I never mastered the art myself :lol1: I had loads of great nights on MW2 but I did prefer MW3 when it came out. All MW's were spoiled by the cheaters though. My run on MW2 came to an abrupt end one night when someone stole all my points and put me -1,000,000 or something like that - I couldn't even play online again because I needed a minimum XP of zero to join. I bet it was a quick-scoper who hacked me... :Suspiciou

the shreksta 27 February 2019 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by DTB (Post 12046182)
A nuke! So were you one of those quick-scope snipers? I hated them. Nothing, but nothing, gave me more satisfaction than teaming up with a few run 'n' gun mates and hunting down quick-scopers. Truth be told the hatred was probably only because I never mastered the art myself :lol1: I had loads of great nights on MW2 but I did prefer MW3 when it came out. All MW's were spoiled by the cheaters though. My run on MW2 came to an abrupt end one night when someone stole all my points and put me -1,000,000 or something like that - I couldn't even play online again because I needed a minimum XP of zero to join. I bet it was a quick-scoper who hacked me... :Suspiciou

Lol no was not a quick scoper at all. I did like the use of the noob tube though :)

Yeah hackers and cheats spoilt it in the end for me aswell.

RS_Matt 05 March 2019 01:27 AM

I miss World at War and the dawn of glitching.

Martin typeR 13 March 2019 10:59 PM

If you have a playstation modern warfare remastered is free to downlaod in the ps store at the moment. its awesome, like going back in time to the good old days

Jonnys3 03 June 2019 01:22 PM

I am really looking forward to the Modern Warfare reboot coming this Oct:

the shreksta 03 June 2019 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jonnys3 (Post 12054358)

yeah me too, im hoping the pre-game lobbies are just as brutally offensive as they were back in 2007 lol

Ste333 05 June 2019 02:08 PM

i'll be all over the reboot as well, about time CoD went back to its roots

Rusti 05 June 2019 02:18 PM

Did enjoy the story lines through the series.

iain710 06 June 2019 07:21 PM

I quit call of duty full stop
started playing battlefield 3
still play it now..

albob 06 June 2019 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by iain710 (Post 12054529)
I quit call of duty full stop
started playing battlefield 3
still play it now..

I'm still playing battlefield 2142 !!!!!