ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Engine gone Sti hatchback (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/1058021-engine-gone-sti-hatchback.html)

imire 08 February 2019 08:51 PM

Engine gone Sti hatchback

Well The EJ257 has packed up, It still runs with no Knocks or bangs but Number 4 pot has very low Psi like 44 psi, Taken it to a few local fools and had silly Ideas, Never done one before but ill learn at your expence lol yeh right, and other did not want to touch it, So was asking best places to take it where they ent going to try pull wool over the eyes,
Or spend 3k on a second hand engine out of a right off, Grrr am Pi**ed off now
Midlands, or north west area, as family up there. cant afford south prices :thumb::lol:

Cheers guys

Regards Stu

hedgecutter 08 February 2019 08:54 PM

Matty has a hatch in with a sound engine, first one he's broken, I believe. Under 3k.

the shreksta 08 February 2019 09:05 PM

I wouldnt bother with a 2nd hand standard engine.

You could try thwaites in Warwick (I'm possibly going to use them to build my 2.5)

Sarg400 08 February 2019 09:33 PM

Get it forged and mapped looking at around 4k well worth it buddy

Big mistake buying a 2nd hand chocolate engine

ZANY 09 February 2019 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Sarg400 (Post 12044176)
Get it forged and mapped looking at around 4k well worth it buddy

Big mistake buying a 2nd hand chocolate engine

+1 don’t bother buying second hand 2.5

CJPow 09 February 2019 08:30 AM

I had mine done at Scoobclinic, very knowledgeable guys. I'd be budgeting more than £4k though!

bugeyestuart 09 February 2019 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by imire (Post 12044166)
Well The EJ257 has packed up, It still runs with no Knocks or bangs but Number 4 pot has very low Psi like 44 psi, Taken it to a few local fools and had silly Ideas, Never done one before but ill learn at your expence lol yeh right, and other did not want to touch it, So was asking best places to take it where they ent going to try pull wool over the eyes,
Midlands, or north west area, as family up there. cant afford south prices :thumb::lol:

Cheers guys

Regards Stu

RCM or Thwaites for the midlands. Steer clear of anyone with a name resembling anything like a starting grid on race day ;0)

G10 10 February 2019 09:38 AM

Give Brian at Cams Performance in Blackburn a call. He's big in the Northwest. Also, Andy Williams (WMS) in North Wales will do a very reasonable forged engine build, circa £3k.
Good luck

hedgecutter 10 February 2019 09:56 AM

Currently on the the thread about the API stolen P1, the op there claims he had 3 rebuilds from Andy Williams, all of which let go on bottom end. Worth investigating before going down that route.

Russell38 10 February 2019 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by hedgecutter (Post 12044290)
Currently on the the thread about the API stolen P1, the op there claims he had 3 rebuilds from Andy Williams, all of which let go on bottom end. Worth investigating before going down that route.

I would steer clear of andy williams if i was you i have heard a few horror stories

fpan 10 February 2019 08:04 PM

Get it rebuilt at TDR in Warwick. They have years of experience and have a very good reputation.

LewisScoob 11 February 2019 09:53 AM

The only name I've heard time and again thats supposed to be the best is Paul Finch at Finch Motorsport. Dont know where he is but for the right build, that shouldn't matter.

Farfocell 11 February 2019 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by LewisScoob (Post 12044385)
The only name I've heard time and again thats supposed to be the best is Paul Finch at Finch Motorsport. Dont know where he is but for the right build, that shouldn't matter.

His job is expensive now,
build and map using one site to avoid RaggyDoo experience

sivo 11 February 2019 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by imire (Post 12044166)

Cheers guys

Regards Stu

Hi mate,

Give Darren at Central Subaru a call, he won’t charge the earth and he will do a good job for you.
No bull sh!t with Daz, he will always do his best to help you out.

Siv :thumb:

ZANY 11 February 2019 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by LewisScoob (Post 12044385)

I’ve seen his engines in action on few of my friends imprezas for many years no issues on DIFFRENT builds no mess8ng and if I was to go down the engine rebuild route etc he would be my only choice

funny thin* is I’ve never dealt with him neither only seen and driven his work and it’s second to non :lol1:

imire 12 February 2019 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by bugeyestuart (Post 12044216)
RCM or Thwaites for the midlands. Steer clear of anyone with a name resembling anything like a starting grid on race day ;0)

Got you lol

Thanks all yes looks like a rebuild forge it, Il ring around some of the guys you have give me, and thanks for your time to reply :luxhello:

Stu