ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Cheap sti for someone.......... (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1057956-cheap-sti-for-someone.html)

the shreksta 02 February 2019 12:03 PM

Cheap sti for someone..........

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/subaru-im...VW1W:rk:4:pf:0

L.J.F 02 February 2019 07:32 PM

Car is local to me and I’ve seen it about over the years, pretty sure it’s a older chap who owns it.

Kris76 02 February 2019 08:45 PM

Good price that i paid £7000 for mine.

ZANY 03 February 2019 02:01 AM

A member was offering a black sti prodrive bugeye much better example at that price not so long ago few weeks perhaps

mike74 03 February 2019 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Kris76 (Post 12043570)
Good price that i paid £7000 for mine.

Just because someone saw you coming and got you to pay silly money doesn't automatically make this one a good price.

Kris76 03 February 2019 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by mike74 (Post 12043584)
Just because someone saw you coming and got you to pay silly money doesn't automatically make this one a good price.

" saw me coming & got me to pay silly money "
?????????

the shreksta 03 February 2019 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Kris76 (Post 12043594)
?????????

lol i thought the same...............strange response

ZANY 03 February 2019 10:26 AM

I sold my sti prodrive in popular blue with 56k miles on it to a trader for £6500 2 years ago

mike74 03 February 2019 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Kris76 (Post 12043594)
?????????

Assuming yours has similar mileage and condition to this one then yes you've had your pants pulled down.

Don't beat yourself up too much over it though, there are plenty of other gullible mugs out there just like you.

wrx2005 03 February 2019 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by mike74 (Post 12043601)
Assuming yours has similar mileage and condition to this one then yes you've had your pants pulled down.

Don't beat yourself up too much over it though, there are plenty of other gullible mugs out there just like you.

so if plenty of gullible mugs want to pay the same price, then really that's the going rate and what they are worth...

you make no sense

Kris76 03 February 2019 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by wrx2005 (Post 12043602)
so if plenty of gullible mugs want to pay the same price, then really that's the going rate and what they are worth...

you make no sense

yep thats what i was thinking , but i cant be arsed to answer him.

mike74 03 February 2019 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by wrx2005 (Post 12043602)

you make no sense

Just because there's usually some idiot with more money (or probably more credit) than sense willing to pay a silly price for something doesn't necessarily mean that's what it's worth.

There will be far more people out there who wouldn't contemplate being so stupid and gullible.

Hence why so many stupidly priced Imprezas hang around for so long before eventually selling.

As they say, if you wait long enough there will always be some gormless mug come along eventually.

wrx2005 03 February 2019 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by mike74 (Post 12043604)
Just because there's usually some idiot with more money (or probably more credit) than sense willing to pay a silly price for something doesn't necessarily mean that's what it's worth.

There will be far more people out there who wouldn't contemplate being so stupid and gullible.

Hence why so many stupidly priced Imprezas hang around for so long before eventually selling.

As they say, if you wait long enough there will always be some gormless mug come along eventually.

are you an idiot?
if several people are willing to pay the asking price then that is what the car is worth.
whether you think it is or isn't is irrelevant as that's just YOUR opinion.
is a veyron worth a million pounds?? probably not but they sold them at that and a lot of people bought them.

rossyboy 03 February 2019 03:57 PM

Just ignore him. He has a major chip on his shoulder - all of his posts are like this. It’s not just Impreza prices, though that seems to particularly wind him up as he doesn’t own one.

It’s funny how those talking down the prices are those that are looking to buy them or had one and sold it cheap.

wrx2005 03 February 2019 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by rossyboy (Post 12043614)
Just ignore him. He has a major chip on his shoulder - all of his posts are like this. It’s not just Impreza prices, though that seems to particularly wind him up as he doesn’t own one.

It’s funny how those talking down the prices are those that are looking to buy them or had one and sold it cheap.

older they get the less are left hence the prices go up.
see rs turbo,205 gti,r5 turbo.
there are some silly prices being asked but the above sti is reasonable.
he seems to have an issue with credit..probably can't get any and it makes him angry.

jaygsi 03 February 2019 05:20 PM

To stir this up some more. I believe that WV broke even on the Veyron. So yes there worth a million :thumb:

Originally Posted by wrx2005
are you an idiot?
if several people are willing to pay the asking price then that is what the car is worth.
whether you think it is or isn't is irrelevant as that's just YOUR opinion.
is a veyron worth a million pounds?? probably not but they sold them at that and a lot of people bought them.