ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Anyone going to get Anthem? Or perhaps Division 2? (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/1057903-anyone-going-to-get-anthem-or-perhaps-division-2-a.html)

Ste333 31 January 2019 01:22 PM

Anyone going to get Anthem? Or perhaps Division 2?

Been watching the game development closely - and the premise of it looks awesome, great potential. But I have serious concerns about it being published by EA, the recent demo disaster (loads of buggy problems), and a bit worried about the endgame content.

I loved Destiny, and played both games a lot. So this looks right up my street. But I must admit, I'm leaning toward The Division 2 now instead.....

Anyone else considering anthem? If I get it, I'm a console man - PS4.

Littleted 31 January 2019 05:01 PM

I was gunning for it on PS4 but I also subscribe to origin premier on pc and anthem is free on that, so I’m gonna get it on pc rather than console.

division 2 deffo on PS4 and I’ve been hovering over ace combat 7 but gonna wait for price to drop

Ste333 01 February 2019 07:50 AM

yeah I've heard good things about Ace Combat 7 as well. Same as you though. I'm tempted...but not tempted enough by it to pay the full price!

Littleted 01 February 2019 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Ste333 (Post 12043362)
yeah I've heard good things about Ace Combat 7 as well. Same as you though. I'm tempted...but not tempted enough by it to pay the full price!

Agree im gonna wait for a sale...… I did get Kingdom Hearts 3 which is pretty damn good i must say...… So much to play though and not enough time, i aint even started Spiderman yet, and i spent 25mins on Hitman 2 LOL

Ste333 01 February 2019 01:03 PM

same. Managed to finish Spiderman. Had a dabble with black ops 4 (which I didnt really like), and am slowly working my way through Hollowknight on the switch when I get chance

Jon T 01 February 2019 03:11 PM

I'm waiting for days gone. Looks good

Littleted 01 February 2019 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Ste333 (Post 12043424)
same. Managed to finish Spiderman. Had a dabble with black ops 4 (which I didnt really like), and am slowly working my way through Hollowknight on the switch when I get chance

Dont talk to me about switch games, i sit on the bed and buy them and never get round to playing them, last i got was Tales of Vesperia, got a 400gb card in Mine rammed LOL

Days gone is also on my want list, looks soo good.

Ste/Jon did either of you play God of War, i thought that was the best game ever, but i only did the story till the end, if you did both play it, how much is there to do after the storys done ?i think other than the story i did the level grinding bit where it gets harder and harder each level, and i could see on my map lots of them ROCK hard fallen angels :)

Had a go on Black Opps didn't like it Maps are not big enough and the fact that i probably died 1000 times to a 13 year old punk annoyed me, BF5 is more my thing i can hide

Ste333 04 February 2019 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Littleted (Post 12043449)
Dont talk to me about switch games, i sit on the bed and buy them and never get round to playing them, last i got was Tales of Vesperia, got a 400gb card in Mine rammed LOL

Days gone is also on my want list, looks soo good.

Ste/Jon did either of you play God of War, i thought that was the best game ever, but i only did the story till the end, if you did both play it, how much is there to do after the storys done ?i think other than the story i did the level grinding bit where it gets harder and harder each level, and i could see on my map lots of them ROCK hard fallen angels :)

Had a go on Black Ops didn't like it Maps are not big enough and the fact that i probably died 1000 times to a 13 year old punk annoyed me, BF5 is more my thing i can hide

you've managed to fill a 400gb on the switch?? Jesus christ. Good plane material though!

Yep Days gone does look good, I'm just concerned that it's not going to live up to the hype though....I hope I'm wrong. I want it.

I didn't bother with God of War no, despite everyone telling me to! I haven't played any of the previous games, so didn't want to jump into another series quite late on. Do you think you need to have played the previous ones though to get the best of it? The game is getting cheap now....

In regards to Anthem, I played the open demo on the weekend (on PS4), and to be honest, was really disappointed :( I didn't find it particularly exciting to play, the frame rate and smoothness on PS4 (not a pro) was pretty poor and suffered quite badly when there was a lot going on, and I was kicked multiple times. I was also slightly bewildered by the 20,000 menus to scroll through. I'm a bit sad really, I wanted it to be great and it wasn't. Perhaps Division 2 it is then.

Littleted 04 February 2019 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Ste333 (Post 12043687)
you've managed to fill a 400gb on the switch?? Jesus christ. Good plane material though!

Yep Days gone does look good, I'm just concerned that it's not going to live up to the hype though....I hope I'm wrong. I want it.

I didn't bother with God of War no, despite everyone telling me to! I haven't played any of the previous games, so didn't want to jump into another series quite late on. Do you think you need to have played the previous ones though to get the best of it? The game is getting cheap now....

In regards to Anthem, I played the open demo on the weekend (on PS4), and to be honest, was really disappointed :( I didn't find it particularly exciting to play, the frame rate and smoothness on PS4 (not a pro) was pretty poor and suffered quite badly when there was a lot going on, and I was kicked multiple times. I was also slightly bewildered by the 20,000 menus to scroll through. I'm a bit sad really, I wanted it to be great and it wasn't. Perhaps Division 2 it is then.

You dont need to have played the other prior to GOW, just buy it youll see how good it is.i couldn't recommend the game enough

mrtheedge2u2 08 February 2019 09:07 AM

Will probably get Division 2. I saw Dr Lupo streaming it but to be honest, I was not taken back by the graphics. At moment still playing Fortnite but may give Apex a whirl this weekend.

Ste333 08 February 2019 10:16 AM

Yeah this Apex Legends seems to have crept out of nowhere and has really good initial reviews. Might give it a try this weekend as well if I get time.

Fishbowlhead 08 February 2019 10:33 AM

Don't go expecting a Destiny beater with anthem, different games.

If you think more on the lines of Mass Effect with friends you'll be more on the mark.

Apex Legends is based on The Titanfall 2 engine and universe and has great tight gun play for battleroyal type multiplayer fans.

Ste333 08 February 2019 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Fishbowlhead (Post 12044101)
Don't go expecting a Destiny beater with anthem, different games.

If you think more on the lines of Mass Effect with friends you'll be more on the mark.

Apex Legends is based on The Titanfall 2 engine and universe and has great tight gun play for battleroyal type multiplayer fans.

yes very different game indeed. More like warframe crossed with the division. 3rd person makes a big difference.

It's a shame Titan Fall 3 got scrapped and turned into Apex Legends.... but I'll reserve judgement on Apex til I've played it

Fishbowlhead 08 February 2019 11:19 AM

I was gutted when Titanfall 3 got canned in favour of Apex to be honest.

For anyone that hasn't played it, grab yourself a copy of Titanfall 2, best all round shooter you can buy that still has a decent active pvp side. Will you play it as much as a time sink like Destiny 1&2? No of course not but it's just an amazingly polished package.