ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Does your partner approve of your car habit? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1057746-does-your-partner-approve-of-your-car-habit.html)

Ste333 22 January 2019 11:28 AM

Does your partner approve of your car habit?

As per the title really, thought this was an interesting one lol. My wife (together 11 years now) doesn't really approve of my obsession with cars. She'll tolerate it...but certainly has no interest in getting involved or coming to any shows etc. As long as the funds I use to feed my habit don't mean the house/our child goes without - she's happy to let me get on with it by myself :) But then, she doesn't drive herself - once she passes, perhaps her feelings on it will change.

What are your partners like? I think if you can find a girl who is also into cars then you're onto a winner!

CharlySkunkWeed 22 January 2019 01:12 PM

My (divorce soon to be finalised) ex wife had zero interest in cars , didn't drive , but understood how i am with my car.
My new woman is into cars , has an equal obsession to cleaning her car the same as me , and a keen eye for nice motors and same taste as me.

She's into classic minis and has owned 3 or 4 over the years. Her house has a canvas of a Lambo in living room, Porche in bedroom, Ayerton Senna in dining room, and various models/pics/calenders of minis everywhere.

she couldn't care less what i spend on my car as I'm pretty sensible with my money elsewhere and she says i work hard so should spend what i want.

Only downside is her car of choice if she had the money , is an Evo :freak3:

ALi-B 22 January 2019 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by CharlySkunkWeed (Post 12041927)
My (divorce soon to be finalised) ex wife had zero interest in cars , didn't drive , but understood how i am with my car.
My new woman is into cars , has an equal obsession to cleaning her car the same as me , and a keen eye for nice motors and same taste as me.

She's into classic minis and has owned 3 or 4 over the years. Her house has a canvas of a Lambo in living room, Porche in bedroom, Ayerton Senna in dining room, and various models/pics/calenders of minis everywhere.

she couldn't care less what i spend on my car as I'm pretty sensible with my money elsewhere and she says i work hard so should spend what i want.

Only downside is her car of choice if she had the money , is an Evo :freak3:

If she scores low on the crazy axis, then that’s unicorn territory on universal matrix! :notworthy:

ZANY 22 January 2019 01:22 PM

No she hates it.. like a mistress

RAGGY DOO 22 January 2019 01:32 PM

I couldn’t care less what she thinks
im the feckin boss and that’s it

ALi-B 22 January 2019 01:32 PM

No; last one didn’t., nor the one before who also disapproved of my amp and speaker hoarding. Oh and the bikes..had to sell four of them and the NSX to keep her happy :cry:

CharlySkunkWeed 22 January 2019 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 12041929)

If she scores low on the crazy axis, then that’s unicorn territory on universal matrix! :notworthy:

Definitely a step up from the ex in many many ways :norty: Has a few quirks but i see past them very easily.

CharlySkunkWeed 22 January 2019 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO (Post 12041933)
I couldn’t care less what she thinks
im the feckin boss and that’s it

i guarentee she hates it in that case.

RAGGY DOO 22 January 2019 01:47 PM

More then likely

andy97 22 January 2019 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 12041929)

She's a dude, tranny :lol1:

urban 22 January 2019 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by CharlySkunkWeed (Post 12041937)
Definitely a step up from the ex in many many ways :norty: Has a few quirks but i see past them very easily.

So long as she gives a good blowjob, then that's all you need :D

RAGGY DOO 22 January 2019 03:53 PM

The tone of this thread has quickly gone south

joz8968 22 January 2019 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO (Post 12041948)
The tone of this thread has quickly gone south

Quite lit....

Originally Posted by urban (Post 12041947)
So long as she gives a good blowjob... :D

CharlySkunkWeed 22 January 2019 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 12041947)
So long as she gives a good blowjob, then that's all you need :D

why else would i be able to overlook her quirks :lol1:

hedgecutter 22 January 2019 10:06 PM

Mine argues with me over who is going to drive it

pimmo2000 23 January 2019 09:47 AM

What cars are we talking about? does anyone actually own a Scooby here?

LewisScoob 23 January 2019 10:20 AM

I voted at the top but I wouldnt let her was my car LOL

I was in a long term relationship where my other half hated my car and me spending time with it/other people because of it.

Now with someone who is interested and even encouraged me to do a proper engine rebuild instead of going cheap. Its amazing what a difference it makes.

hedgecutter 24 January 2019 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 12042029)
What cars are we talking about? does anyone actually own a Scooby here?

Spec C hatch

scooby2.5maz 24 January 2019 07:03 AM

Mrs doesn't get involved in my car stuff but just rolls her eyes when parts turn up at the door . Saying that wifey is donating money next month to my 2.3 build .

Ste333 24 January 2019 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by scooby2.5maz (Post 12042189)
Mrs doesn't get involved in my car stuff but just rolls her eyes when parts turn up at the door . Saying that wifey is donating money next month to my 2.3 build .

lucky boy. I can't even convince my mrs to buy me an air freshener for my car lol. She won't EVER buy me any car related parts. But then saying that, I do have a tendency to change cars often....

RobsyUK 24 January 2019 08:44 PM

Who was too scared to click the she hates it and won’t let me like cars button 😂😂

Jon T 25 January 2019 01:44 PM

My misses is as car mad as I am and doesn't mind one bit about what I do to my car. I even ask her advice when I can't quite decide what way to go with something like the sideskirt extentions and rear spats, wheels ect.
I get the odd eye roll when another perrin box turns up but xmas and birthdays the first thing she asks is what I want for the car. This Xmas she got me group n top mounts and an anti lift kit. Not a chance I would let her wash it though.
As long as I let her drive it now and then she's happy. She was even the first to notice that the car wasn't pulling quite right last year and it turned out that the fuel pump was just staring to fail so the car was leaning out a bit.

ZANY 25 January 2019 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jon T (Post 12042432)
My misses is as car mad as I am and doesn't mind one bit about what I do to my car. I even ask her advice when I can't quite decide what way to go with something like the sideskirt extentions and rear spats, wheels ect.
I get the odd eye roll when another perrin box turns up but xmas and birthdays the first thing she asks is what I want for the car. This Xmas she got me group n top mounts and an anti lift kit. Not a chance I would let her wash it though.
As long as I let her drive it now and then she's happy. She was even the first to notice that the car wasn't pulling quite right last year and it turned out that the fuel pump was just staring to fail so the car was leaning out a bit.

lucky bustaaard :p

Jon T 25 January 2019 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by ZANY (Post 12042435)

lucky bustaaard :p

I know I am mate. I don't think we would still be together after 23 years if she didn't like it. She even doesn't mind getting up early to go to shows, meets ect

ZANY 25 January 2019 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jon T (Post 12042436)
I know I am mate. I don't think we would still be together after 23 years if she didn't like it. She even doesn't mind getting up early to go to shows, meets ect

:notworthy

pimmo2000 26 January 2019 09:55 PM

T
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...a1ec7bec35.jpg
This is the wife's car .. so

Torquemada 28 January 2019 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 12042355)
Who was too scared to click the she hates it and won’t let me like cars button 😂😂

lol, not me. My wife thinks that cars with spoilers on them and such are "douche" cars. Even getting my Golf GTI was kind of done on the sly - I went in to get a family car with four doors and lots of space for child seats etc. and came back with a three door GTI, lol - still fits the child seats just fine....not really great for the three dogs as well, though. I think I'm going into SUV territory for the next car... time for a VW Atlas or a Chevy Suburban or something like that. Or I might just come back with a 4 door Golf R...

ALi-B 02 February 2019 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Torquemada
Or I might just come back with a 4 door Golf R...

They do a R estate :thumb:

I’ve toyed with the idea of sticking the R/GTi drivetrain into a Touran if I ever got forced into getting a MPV ;)

bugeyestuart 02 February 2019 02:04 PM

I bought my Hatch STI the week she left :0)

mellinator2k 02 February 2019 05:47 PM

Very interesting lol

my wife tolerates it. Zero interest in the car itself but is happy to get me car pieces for Christmas and birthdays.
She would rather I didn’t keep “waisting” money each month on car buying bits but does tolerate it as long as I don’t go mental and inpact savings.

work hard play hard