ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   This 14 Year old moped rider stabbed (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1057609-this-14-year-old-moped-rider-stabbed.html)

JDM_Stig 09 January 2019 09:19 PM

This 14 Year old moped rider stabbed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46818277
A car believed to be involved in the murder of 14-year-old Jayden Moodie has been found by police in London.

The teenager was struck by a car while on his moped, and then stabbed to death in what police believe was a targeted attack.

He was found wounded in Bickley Road, Waltham Forest, on Tuesday evening.

Can you legally ride a moped at 14 now ?

the shreksta 09 January 2019 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig (Post 12040415)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46818277
A car believed to be involved in the murder of 14-year-old Jayden Moodie has been found by police in London.

The teenager was struck by a car while on his moped, and then stabbed to death in what police believe was a targeted attack.

He was found wounded in Bickley Road, Waltham Forest, on Tuesday evening.

Can you legally ride a moped at 14 now ?

Nope not that I know of

Pross 09 January 2019 11:08 PM

Police have not said whether they believe the murder was gang-related.
Gang related then.

silver-sub 09 January 2019 11:24 PM

14 years old!

tarmac terror 09 January 2019 11:27 PM

Cant ride a moped legally at 14.

I'll put one angle out there, kids are paid by drugs gangs to act as mules to keep the supply chain moving. It's not normal pattern of things to have a bike collide with a car (regardless of fault) and have 3 occupants alight from the vehicle to take on a child. It's one thing to knock someone off a moped and drive on (it's absolutely not the right thing to do), but to do so and then attack them, implies a pre-meditated aspect to this one, I'll wager drugs / drugs gang related.

hux309 10 January 2019 05:53 AM

London is a dump, bound to be drugs related.

urban 10 January 2019 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by hux309 (Post 12040429)
London is a dump, bound to be drugs related.

Agreed on both points

The Trooper 1815 10 January 2019 09:43 AM

The usual quotes so far.

"Smart kid with a future"
"He was gonna start at the boxing club"
"Clever boy with a future"

But not if you are drug mule on a moped that is illegal to ride, running drugs (likely) across County Lines then I expect no less.
I despair at the tragedy but he was certainly playing with the bigger boys and paid the price.

^Qwerty^ 10 January 2019 12:27 PM

Mentioned by a friend on Farcebook yesterday, my reply was:

Some reports say 'a' moped and some say 'his' moped. If ‘his’, why and how? On the flip side, we all do daft things, so if he just happened to be taking a moped for a spin at 14, hit someone’s car, he hardly deserved to be stabbed to death. Trying not to jump to conclusions, although that’s difficult with all the moped associated crime in the news at the moment. Unfortunately, I'd lean towards him playing with the big boys, and it's gone wrong.

ZANY 10 January 2019 02:06 PM

Can bad parenting play a large part or are they as “shocked”?

14 year old CHILD healthy walking and talking has been killed

what kind of a country are are we living in where one can kill a child over something that can be replaced but the life of a child that is lost will never return

what sort of monsters can sleep after doing such monstrosity

Skoobie Dhu 10 January 2019 05:16 PM

Not just me then that wondered why a 14 year old would be riding a moped? Funny how the media aren't questioning this, clearly they've been told to play down any gang or drug involvement.

bbc website has an interesting article summarizing each of the murders in London in 2018, tragic but clearly there's a strong theme running through the vast majority.

JDM_Stig 15 January 2019 06:15 PM

Moped was stolen
Detectives investigating the murder of a 14-year-old boy in east London launched a fresh appeal for witnesses today as they revealed he was riding a stolen moped at the time of the attack.

Jaden Moodie was rammed off the moped by a Mercedes car before being stabbed in the back repeatedly and left to die in the street in Leyton.

hedgecutter 15 January 2019 09:51 PM

Moped stolen, recently excluded from school, pictured on FB with gang gestures, draw your own conclusions.

ALi-B 15 January 2019 10:10 PM

Why am I not surprised?

I should be, but let’s face it, no matter how innocent his family claim him to be, they are just like the typical cat owner when they let it out at night, totally ignorant; They have no idea of what he gets up to once he’s gone out the door...just with a cat it’s shyte in the neighbour’s garden, with a delinquent it’s riding a stolen moped and mixing with people that ultimately cost him his life.

ZANY 16 January 2019 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by hedgecutter (Post 12041027)
Moped stolen, recently excluded from school, pictured on FB with gang gestures, draw your own conclusions.

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 12041032)
Why am I not surprised?

I should be, but let’s face it, no matter how innocent his family claim him to be, they are just like the typical cat owner when they let it out at night, totally ignorant; They have no idea of what he gets up to once he’s gone out the door...just with a cat it’s shyte in the neighbour’s garden, with a delinquent it’s riding a stolen moped and mixing with people that ultimately cost him his life.

so would you say bad parenting ?
as that’s my conclusion to all of this..

^Qwerty^ 16 January 2019 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by ZANY (Post 12041052)

No, not at all, they've been let down by the police, the local authorities, the schools, the teachers, the local swimming pool, the bin men, the government, even blame the EU, but clearly it's not the parents fault. He was a good lad because they said so. As it now seems to be clearly gang related and drug running, the inevitable conclusion to this is that another kid from the other 'side' is going to meet a similar grim fate now....and so it goes on.

BMWhere? 16 January 2019 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by ZANY (Post 12041052)

The family were on the TV saying how much of a good boy he was and he would never get involved with gangs!:wonder:

hedgecutter 16 January 2019 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by BMWhere? (Post 12041058)
The family were on the TV saying how much of a good boy he was and he would never get involved with gangs!:wonder:

Well, his uncle was there, but not his Dad.

ZANY 16 January 2019 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by BMWhere? (Post 12041058)

Shamefull and disgusting the parents should be accounted for this not the public servicesa
also monitor them if they have anymore kids

I’d personally sentence the father to castration without anaesthetic job done make a true example.

An0n0m0us 17 January 2019 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 12040436)
The usual quotes so far.

"Smart kid with a future"
"He was gonna start at the boxing club"
"Clever boy with a future"

But not if you are drug mule on a moped that is illegal to ride, running drugs (likely) across County Lines then I expect no less.
I despair at the tragedy but he was certainly playing with the bigger boys and paid the price.

This.

He wanted to be known as a bad boy and at 14 in gang controlled London you aren't going to live very long. Treading on the toes of those much higher up the criminal chain was in this case a real school boy error. His age was of no concern to those he angered. Sadly he won't be the last with the gangs recruiting younger and younger members and getting them to prove themselves.