ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   child maintenance (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1057562-child-maintenance.html)

john_d 05 January 2019 09:36 PM

child maintenance

so i currently pay my ex-wife child maintenance for our child who turns 16 in april, i also put some money into his account so he can spent it on whatever he wants/needs, as i believe it i can stop paying her maintenance when he turns 16 unless he remains in full time education, he currently has no plans to stay in education and is wanting to leave school and get a job, so when he turns 16 in april can i stop paying her or do i need to wait until the end of the school term?

just for the record. the money that i currently pay her will be paid into my sons account when i do eventually stop paying her

peter zippy reid 05 January 2019 10:32 PM

Mine stopped as soon as she turned 16 as she didnt stay in full time education

Wurzel 06 January 2019 02:49 PM

From my understanding of talking to my mate in the UK kids have to stay in full time education until they are 18 now, last time I visited and was staying at my mates place someone knocked on the door to check his 17yr old daughter who had left school at 16 was still in some form of full time education. They wanted proof she was attending college.

scoobypaul_temp 06 January 2019 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Wurzel (Post 12039998)
From my understanding of talking to my mate in the UK kids have to stay in full time education until they are 18 now

I thought this was the case too - don't think kids can leave at 16 anymore?

urban 07 January 2019 11:14 AM

Depends on where you live.
Everyone can leave school at 16, but in England you need to do something until you're 18, be it further education, or an apprenticeship etc.
In Northern Ireland, it depends on when you turn 16 as to where you can leave, or where you must wait until the end of the following school year.
I think Scotland does something similar
The Welsh don't care, once you're 16, away you go

pimmo2000 07 January 2019 12:18 PM

England

You can leave school on the last Friday in June if you’ll be 16 by the end of the summer holidays.

You must then do one of the following until you’re 18:
  • stay in full-time education, for example at a college
  • start an apprenticeship or traineeship
  • spend 20 hours or more a week working or volunteering, while in part-time education or training

BMWhere? 07 January 2019 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 12040080)

England

You can leave school on the last Friday in June if you’ll be 16 by the end of the summer holidays.

You must then do one of the following until you’re 18:
  • stay in full-time education, for example at a college
  • start an apprenticeship or traineeship
  • spend 20 hours or more a week working or volunteering, while in part-time education or training

So basically, in England, you can't leave school and go directly into full time work with no training?
No wonder we have such a shortage of unskilled workers!

The Rig 07 January 2019 02:13 PM

As i understand it you pay until the child is 19 in england

urban 07 January 2019 04:59 PM

You pay maintenance while the child is in full time education until the age of 20

RAGGY DOO 07 January 2019 05:15 PM

What about the carry on from the csa ?

The Rig 07 January 2019 05:29 PM

Carry on from Csa ?

RAGGY DOO 07 January 2019 05:38 PM

The way the grind money out of fathers I must be going off topic a bit but they at a nasty shower of scum

The Rig 07 January 2019 09:17 PM

Oh yeah I know all about the CMS ( not called Csa anymore ) I pay out for 2 through their calculations . My other 2 I have an agreement with out of CMS

urban 08 January 2019 09:13 AM

The authorities only intervene when the two parents fail to work out a deal between them, and any parent who doesn't want to provide for their child is simply a dirty b@stard

The Rig 08 January 2019 09:15 AM

NOT quite . You fail to give the other option of the mother thought she would get more from claiming Csa than the dad offers in the 1st place . She learnt though .

urban 08 January 2019 09:44 AM

Fair enough, the bitter woman

RAGGY DOO 08 January 2019 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by The Rig (Post 12040220)
NOT quite . You fail to give the other option of the mother thought she would get more from claiming Csa than the dad offers in the 1st place . She learnt though .

amen brother
i was paying for 6 years when she made a claim
they treated and harassed me like some scumbag who never paid a penny
turned out el Cunto was awarded 9 pound a month less
got what she deserved for being a greedy pig