ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Which fmic? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1057527-which-fmic.html)

Buzzer2017 02 January 2019 01:32 PM

Which fmic?

What brand / make is acknowledged as good value and quality ?
I don't want to spend much on it, the likes of japspeed any good?

Also, what is recommended to replace the airbox with maf connection ?
Do you have to relocate the water bottle ?
The car is a 2004 T25 with 465bhp, so near max of the tmic.

john_666 02 January 2019 03:24 PM

I have a japspeed one and mines struggling at 527bhp so I am looking to get a perrin one.. I don't recommend the cheap ones buy cheap buy twice

Jay Cartay 02 January 2019 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by john_666 (Post 12039635)
I have a japspeed one and mines struggling at 527bhp so I am looking to get a perrin one.. I don't recommend the cheap ones buy cheap buy twice

You say that, but it would be fine for him. You could buy the Japspeed one six times over for the price of a Perrin so no point spending all that for under 500bhp.

Buzzer2017 02 January 2019 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by john_666 (Post 12039635)

so pretty much perfect for my spec. They OK for fitting and what way did you go filter?

​​​

RAGGY DOO 02 January 2019 04:46 PM

I paid 1700 plus vat for a hks one
and the pipe work is absolute garbage
if I as my way again I’d buy a decent core and custom fit on the pipework
some bhp that thou lad on a top mount

john_666 02 January 2019 05:03 PM

Yes it's fine for your power but then if you want to go more power in the future you will need to replace it

Buzzer2017 02 January 2019 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by john_666 (Post 12039655)
Yes it's fine for your power but then if you want to go more power in the future you will need to replace it

more than enough atm
getting rid of the meth kit and replace it with fmic and bigger injectors

the shreksta 02 January 2019 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jay Cartay (Post 12039638)
You say that, but it would be fine for him. You could buy the Japspeed one six times over for the price of a Perrin so no point spending all that for under 500bhp.

i agree, i have a japspeed one on my hawkeye sti @ 352bhp and im taking it to 450bhp later this year on the same intercooler.

i use a k&n filter and a forge dump valve.
fitment is ok to be fair and everything clamps up ok, been on my car for 4-5 years now with 0 issues.

i will be swapping my induction kit to one of the rcm ones when i go for more power

scotty75 04 January 2019 09:06 AM

Buy a HDI fmic they arnt that dear and they are one of the best on the market .

BrownPantsRacing 04 January 2019 10:33 AM

Nobody supplies the DHI kits in the UK now as far as far as I know. Bob at Aztec used to sell them before he closed down. I contacted another company who supply them for other cars in the UK but nobody took interest and they never got any in. Unless anyone else knows who sells them now?

BrownPantsRacing 04 January 2019 10:34 AM

Funnily enough Pole Position are selling a used HDI kit for newage car now:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-Im...Lht4:rk:1:pf:0

Very cheap.

scotty75 04 January 2019 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 12039827)
Nobody supplies the DHI kits in the UK now as far as far as I know. Bob at Aztec used to sell them before he closed down. I contacted another company who supply them for other cars in the UK but nobody took interest and they never got any in. Unless anyone else knows who sells them now?

you can buy them from here not in the UK but they are the company .
https://www.hybrid-power.com/

Buzzer2017 04 January 2019 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 12039828)
Funnily enough Pole Position are selling a used HDI kit for newage car now:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-Im...Lht4:rk:1:pf:0

Very cheap.

thanks for the link. Bought it earlier along with the inner wing filter too.

BrownPantsRacing 07 January 2019 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Buzzer2017 (Post 12039878)
thanks for the link. Bought it earlier along with the inner wing filter too.

haha. Nice one. :thumb:

Buzzer2017 28 January 2019 02:39 PM

I'd never buy another item off them. Still waiting on parts for the fmic, crash bar and clips. I Paid for it the same day as it was mentioned above and it's still not all here and won't be for another few days. 3 weeks is a joke. Lady in the office is helpful, but that's the only positive atm.

BrownPantsRacing 28 January 2019 03:29 PM

WOW, that's not good. Pole Position are normally brilliant with their parts. Ian is right on the money normally and I've never had issues.

Sorry to hear you've had problems.

Buzzer2017 28 January 2019 03:35 PM

Probably a Monday morning problem on a Friday lol.
Had the car ready for install on the following Monday/ Tuesday.
Hopefully a 1 off.

BrownPantsRacing 28 January 2019 03:37 PM

Hope you get it sorted. Post up some pics once it's all done.

Will still be the cheapest HDI FMIC I've seen! Still a bargain.

Buzzer2017 28 January 2019 03:42 PM

Absolutely, good price. Looking forward to cleaning it up and spraying the core matt black.

RAGGY DOO 28 January 2019 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 12042804)
WOW, that's not good. Pole Position are normally brilliant with their parts. Ian is right on the money normally and I've never had issues.

if ian got off facebook and stop acting the clown on there maybe he could send out this mans intercooler poor form to wait over three weeks for it when we are only across the water

bugeyestuart 31 January 2019 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 12042804)

Not that good from my experience.

Stripped egr valves,air pump from my car and found they were not placed in the boot of my car but the knackered clutch & flywheel was. When asked about them I was threatened with a visit then in the end they sent my parts smashed beyond use in a poorly packaged box. Wouldn't touch them with a crooked bargepole after that.

scooby2.5maz 01 February 2019 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by bugeyestuart (Post 12043351)
Not that good from my experience.

Stripped egr valves,air pump from my car and found they were not placed in the boot of my car but the knackered clutch & flywheel was. When asked about them I was threatened with a visit then in the end they sent my parts smashed beyond use in a poorly packaged box. Wouldn't touch them with a crooked bargepole after that.

Yep. Sounds bout right. Quick to take your money then not bother about customer service .

imprezagaz 04 February 2019 07:05 AM

When I built my old car i got a japspeed fmic. It coped well at 592bhp with custom pipework for the rotated setup