ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Ooooh, those nasty, nasty Tories... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1057516-ooooh-those-nasty-nasty-tories.html)

alcazar 31 December 2018 11:23 AM

Ooooh, those nasty, nasty Tories...

If you cross the border illegally in Canada, you get a $5000 fine.
If you cross the border illegally in Iran, you get up to 8 years imprisonment.
If you cross the border illegally into North Korea, you will most likely be shot.
If you cross the border illegally into Russia, or China, you’ll most likely disappear.

Yet if you cross the border into the UK illegally, you get benefits, free healthcare, free education for your kids, housing, etc etc…Last time I looked, France WAS NOT either persecuting, or torturing migrants who have got there.

STOP THE BOATS!

Martin2005 31 December 2018 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 12039457)
If you cross the border illegally in Canada, you get a $5000 fine.
If you cross the border illegally in Iran, you get up to 8 years imprisonment.
If you cross the border illegally into North Korea, you will most likely be shot.
If you cross the border illegally into Russia, or China, you’ll most likely disappear.

Yet if you cross the border into the UK illegally, you get benefits, free healthcare, free education for your kids, housing, etc etc…Last time I looked, France WAS NOT either persecuting, or torturing migrants who have got there.

STOP THE BOATS!

Seems like an awful lot of fuss about a tiny number of people.

BTW illegal immigrants are not entitled to any of the hangouts you mentioned.

BMWhere? 31 December 2018 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 12039468)

And most of them will be sent home unless they have a legitimate case for asylum.
But none of that suits the populist agenda!

^Qwerty^ 31 December 2018 02:24 PM

Kids of immigrants are entitled to education, I'm pretty sure local authorities have to provide it by law. Also, healthcare will be provided to anyone requiring it, regardless of their status in the UK, what they might not and should not get is elective surgery. They will be provided with somewhere to live, although that might be a immigration detention center, but it's still somewhere warm, dry and meals are provided, which is likely to be far better than living in the country side around Calais.

And a quick search on the .gov website - yes they do get a benefit, although it's next to bugger all.

alcazar 31 December 2018 05:20 PM

Aye, but when the country cannot afford to feed, clothe, educate and house the millions needing it already, why, in the name of all that is sense, KEEP LETTING MORE IN????

And while ever we continue to send obscenem amounts abroad in foreign aid, much to countries that can afford stuff we cannot, we'll be b*ggered. Yet the liberals on here SUPPORT that lunacy too.

andy97 31 December 2018 06:01 PM

Extra border force vessels to be deployed into the English channel.

Martin2005 31 December 2018 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 12039493)
Aye, but when the country cannot afford to feed, clothe, educate and house the millions needing it already, why, in the name of all that is sense, KEEP LETTING MORE IN????

And while ever we continue to send obscenem amounts abroad in foreign aid, much to countries that can afford stuff we cannot, we'll be b*ggered. Yet the liberals on here SUPPORT that lunacy too.

We're not 'letting them in' , that's the whole bloody point.

alcazar 01 January 2019 09:59 AM

What? You've not seen the lefty liberals on the south coast or in Calais, weeping, wailing and gnashing their teeth because some got stopped?

THOSE people need locking up first.

JackClark 01 January 2019 02:35 PM

You'll be blaming the EU or the Conservatives for Freedom of Movement next. Go back to France and be an ignorant immigrant over there, make sure you buy the private health insurance you voted for, don't want you coming back here taking advantage of our NHS.

RobsyUK 01 January 2019 08:35 PM

28 entered last month illegally alone. That’s the ones caught!
we need a wall. Send them back.. they are running from war yet they travel 5,000 miles to safety.. hmm

alcazar 02 January 2019 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 12039575)
we need a wall. Send them back.. they are running from war yet they travel 5,000 miles to safety.. hmm

This^^^

Oh, and don't forget that they have left wives and kids behind in the most part.

alcazar 02 January 2019 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 12039547)
You'll be blaming the EU or the Conservatives for Freedom of Movement next. Go back to France and be an ignorant immigrant over there, make sure you buy the private health insurance you voted for, don't want you coming back here taking advantage of our NHS.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaank

Russell38 02 January 2019 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 12039547)

Why don't you drive down to Dover in a mini bus Jack and pick up a couple of families getting of the boats you can put them all up at your house

markjmd 02 January 2019 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 12039575)

Quoted for posterity, just for the sheer grin factor of the profound idiocy in evidence.

Martin2005 02 January 2019 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by markjmd (Post 12039631)
Quoted for posterity, just for the sheer grin factor of the profound idiocy in evidence.

It made me chuckle too

BMWhere? 02 January 2019 08:28 PM

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/immigration-statistics-year-ending-september-2018/how-many-people-are-detained-or-returned
Over 10,000 illegal immigrants were deported from the UK last year and a handful of migrants coming on boats, most of whom are being detained and no doubt deported. You have to question why this is such a big issue - oh wait yeah, it fits in perfectly with the populist agenda.

I'm not saying we should let them in, on the contrary any illegals with no valid claim to asylum should be sent home, but the gammons on here really need to get a better perspective. There are two sides to illegal immigration, the arrivals and the deportations, yet these news stories always seem to forget the second part!

Martin2005 02 January 2019 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by BMWhere? (Post 12039674)
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/immigration-statistics-year-ending-september-2018/how-many-people-are-detained-or-returned
Over 10,000 illegal immigrants were deported from the UK last year and a handful of migrants coming on boats, most of whom are being detained and no doubt deported. You have to question why this is such a big issue - oh wait yeah, it fits in perfectly with the populist agenda.

I'm not saying we should let them in, on the contrary any illegals with no valid claim to asylum should be sent home, but the gammons on here really need to get a better perspective. There are two sides to illegal immigration, the arrivals and the deportations, yet these news stories always seem to forget the second part!

Build a wall ! 😀😀

andy97 03 January 2019 08:06 AM

The UK needs to adopt the policy the Australians did a few years ago when boats with people were trying to get across from Indonesia. A very firm response where folk were rounded up, sent to an desolate place off the mainland to be processed. After a only a few months the boats stopped coming.

alcazar 03 January 2019 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by andy97 (Post 12039694)
The UK needs to adopt the policy the Australians did a few years ago when boats with people were trying to get across from Indonesia. A very firm response where folk were rounded up, sent to an desolate place off the mainland to be processed. After a only a few months the boats stopped coming.

The liberals on here will be frothing...:D

Martin2005 03 January 2019 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by andy97 (Post 12039694)

Remind me, how many people are trying to get here on boats?

andy97 03 January 2019 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 12039723)
Remind me, how many people are trying to get here on boats?

It's not about the numbers, it's perception and discouragement of those trying to get across. Come down hard, sweep them up, ship straight back.

That is what Australia did, soon word got back to Indonesia and surrounding islands that it wasn't worth it and the attempt s dried up in a short while.

If the UK is soft, illegal imigrants will continue to try. Just look at the rest of EU, Merkel invited millions, now millions continue even now when Germany doesn't want anymore.

JackClark 03 January 2019 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Russell38 (Post 12039623)
Why don't you drive down to Dover in a mini bus Jack and pick up a couple of families getting of the boats you can put them all up at your house

Why would I do that? My post is regarding the Tit that blames the Tories for immigration issues. The same tit that voted for Brexit hoping it would help stop it only to find it'll make it worse. The same tit that's an immigrant himself. The same tit that relies on the NHS... and moans about it.

Russell38 03 January 2019 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 12039743)
Why would I do that? My post is regarding the Tit that blames the Tories for immigration issues. The same tit that voted for Brexit hoping it would help stop it only to find it'll make it worse. The same tit that's an immigrant himself. The same tit that relies on the NHS... and moans about it.

I thought the discussion was about boats coming over from france not your dislike of another member on here

JackClark 03 January 2019 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Russell38 (Post 12039745)
I thought the discussion was about boats coming over from france not your dislike of another member on here

Check the thread title.

Funkii Munkii 09 January 2019 03:15 PM

Typical SN bun fight, not quite on the scale of days gone by but it got personal within a page :lol1:

I took the title to be sarcasm

alcazar 10 January 2019 10:30 AM

The left ALWAYS get personal.

They will ALWAYS stifle any opinion they don't hold themselves. First come the persoanl attacks, then the threats, then violence. It's the lefty way, don't y'know?

Sad Weevil 10 January 2019 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 12040442)
The left ALWAYS get personal.

They will ALWAYS stifle any opinion they don't hold themselves. First come the persoanl attacks, then the threats, then violence. It's the lefty way, don't y'know?

Really? Like this lot?

JackClark 10 January 2019 12:02 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jo_Cox

Funkii Munkii 10 January 2019 12:04 PM

The Yellow Vests are the modern day Brown Shirts