ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Surely there is one MP you think is ace.lol (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1057477-surely-there-is-one-mp-you-think-is-ace-lol.html)

lozgti1 26 December 2018 07:36 PM

Surely there is one MP you think is ace.lol

Jacob Rees-Moog. Bloody ace. No one else comes close. Funny, intelligent, honest, ace. Anyone else like or admire a politician ?

alcazar 26 December 2018 09:27 PM

The only good politician, for me, would be dead 'un.

andy97 26 December 2018 09:32 PM

Depends what you class as ace. You could say Corbyn, he has stuck to his beliefs and not changed tack . A politician who truly respects their constituents and fights tooth and nail to achieve something for them. None I can see do that . I will probably never vote again in any election for the rest of my life

hedgecutter 26 December 2018 10:08 PM

They all have their own agendas. They all lie and make false promises. I would put Corbyn and Rees-Mogg in the same bracket; both tossers.

BMWhere? 26 December 2018 10:30 PM

Rees-Mogg is so far detached from reality isit not even funny.
I do kind of respect Corbyn by sticking with his beliefs and what he says is generally honest to his views even if it goes against everyone else, the only problem is his views are equally detached from reality as Rees-Moggs, only at the opposite end of the spectrum.
I've always had a lot of respect for Ken Clark and Heseltine (Tarzan) also had his head screwed on most of the time. Malcolm Rifkind was also a good MP. Vince Cable also comes across as an honest guy. Rather unsurprisingly all of an older generation of MPs, the majority of the currently generation are all smarmy, lying, self interested cnuts!

alcazar 27 December 2018 09:45 AM

Corbyn???
CORBYN????

Sticking to his beliefs?????????????????????????????????

Jeeeeeesus, now I've heard it all.

The man who, as a backbencher, spent his time slagging off the EU, then, as leader of Liebour, (see what I did there?), changed to supporting us being IN, then out again, then IN again, and now no-one knows what???

THAT CORBYN? The flip-flop man?

The man who put a three line whip on for voting about the Brexit deal, then FAILED to discipline even ONE of his front benchers who ignored it? Despite Liebour party rules saying that they MUST be disciplined?

Oh my days, if you respect THAT guy. I'm afraid that everything you stand for is now ridiculed.

JackClark 27 December 2018 12:06 PM

Rees ****ing Mogg, honest!! **** me that's a new low.

Mick 27 December 2018 12:28 PM

Jacob Rees-Mogg

alcazar 27 December 2018 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 12039124)
Rees ****ing Mogg, honest!! **** me that's a new low.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank

BMWhere? 27 December 2018 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 12039120)
Corbyn???
CORBYN????

Sticking to his beliefs?????????????????????????????????

Jeeeeeesus, now I've heard it all.

The man who, as a backbencher, spent his time slagging off the EU, then, as leader of Liebour, (see what I did there?), changed to supporting us being IN, then out again, then IN again, and now no-one knows what???

THAT CORBYN? The flip-flop man?

The man who put a three line whip on for voting about the Brexit deal, then FAILED to discipline even ONE of his front benchers who ignored it? Despite Liebour party rules saying that they MUST be disciplined?

Oh my days, if you respect THAT guy. I'm afraid that everything you stand for is now ridiculed.

You see, that is the big difference between you and me. We probably have a similar level of dislike for Corbyn, but I can see through the red mist and still see the good in someone who I overwhelmingly disagree with and give credit where is due!

Jonnys3 27 December 2018 07:55 PM

Esther McVey - I'll confess to knowing absolutely nothing about what she stands for or represents but she's ace to look at !!!

Martin2005 27 December 2018 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jonnys3 (Post 12039160)
Esther McVey - I'll confess to knowing absolutely nothing about what she stands for or represents but she's ace to look at !!!

Just yuck

scoobypaul_temp 28 December 2018 12:02 AM

Johnny Mercer

alcazar 28 December 2018 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by BMWhere? (Post 12039152)
You see, that is the big difference between you and me. We probably have a similar level of dislike for Corbyn, but I can see through the red mist and still see the good in someone who I overwhelmingly disagree with and give credit where is due!

WHAT good? The man is a proven liar, a total flip-flop artist, a career politician and has the morals of a dog...he even did Abbott, allegedly...

Wurzel 28 December 2018 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 12039203)
...he even did Abbott, allegedly...

Every hole's a goal ;-)

wrx300scooby 28 December 2018 08:51 PM

Strange that the poison dwaaaaarf from north of the border hasn't been mentioned yet!!!!

alcazar 28 December 2018 09:20 PM

Wee Mary Nesbitt, you mean?

rossyboy 29 December 2018 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jonnys3 (Post 12039160)

yup, agreed. Pritti Patel too :luvlove:

legb4rsk 29 December 2018 04:06 PM

The one good thing to come out of the Brexit fiasco is that a lot of people are finally paying attention & able to now see the true nature of politics & politicians.
Anything other than fiddling their expenses,bullying staff & spouting abject nonsense/lies is completely beyond them.

Anyone who thinks they have any redeeming features is never going to change their opinion.

If you can't see what a bunch of self-serving low-life poor quality human beings they really are then we are doomed.

lozgti1 29 December 2018 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by legb4rsk (Post 12039298)

If you can't see what a bunch of self-serving low-life poor quality human beings they really are then we are doomed.

True! But Rees-Mogg has £150 million in the bank and just tells it like it is ! Not for his benefit. Just supporting Democracy (not that people believe in that on scoobynet- the people are just a nuisance who got everything wrong.lol)

Just my 2p:thumb:

alcazar 29 December 2018 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by legb4rsk (Post 12039298)
The one good thing to come out of the Brexit fiasco is that a lot of people are finally paying attention & able to now see the true nature of politics & politicians.
Anything other than fiddling their expenses,bullying staff & spouting abject nonsense/lies is completely beyond them.

Anyone who thinks they have any redeeming features is never going to change their opinion.

Agree 100%

BMWhere? 29 December 2018 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by lozgti1 (Post 12039317)
True! But Rees-Mogg has £150 million in the bank and just tells it like it is ! Not for his benefit. Just supporting Democracy (not that people believe in that on scoobynet- the people are just a nuisance who got everything wrong.lol)

Just my 2p:thumb:

Do you really believe he is content with £150 million? He tells it like it is from his very narrow perspective which doesn't contain any knowledge or interest in the average working class person. He doesn't represent the people, he represents the upper class elites who won't suffer one bit from a hard Brexit and don't care about the oiks who will!

silver-sub 30 December 2018 10:19 AM

Tony Benn, the best prime minister we never had.

madscoob 30 December 2018 06:48 PM

no all self serving scunts as proven by the attached

lozgti1 31 December 2018 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by BMWhere? (Post 12039348)
Do you really believe he is content with £150 million? He tells it like it is from his very narrow perspective which doesn't contain any knowledge or interest in the average working class person. He doesn't represent the people, he represents the upper class elites who won't suffer one bit from a hard Brexit and don't care about the oiks who will!

I think he's quite happy with the £150 mill :) And even though he is an Eton and Oxford boy, he is actually following and supporting what the majority wanted.

How come money makers like him and Mr JCB are so keen to see things through if life drops off a cliff for us all financially? He's not daft.Cleverer than us lot for a start.lol

Ok, I'm a bit of a fanboy but he doesn't seem two faced to me and he's certainly not doing it for more gain/ wealth. Just saying it like it is . Which I like :thumb:

Martin2005 01 January 2019 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by lozgti1 (Post 12039525)
I think he's quite happy with the £150 mill :) And even though he is an Eton and Oxford boy, he is actually following and supporting what the majority wanted.

How come money makers like him and Mr JCB are so keen to see things through if life drops off a cliff for us all financially? He's not daft.Cleverer than us lot for a start.lol

Ok, I'm a bit of a fanboy but he doesn't seem two faced to me and he's certainly not doing it for more gain/ wealth. Just saying it like it is . Which I like :thumb:

He's just another ideologue. Nothing too surprising there I suppose. If it all goes wrong he'll just **** off, gone without a trace, no accountability. It's the rest of us that will have to pick up the pieces.

Weirdly, I do sort of like him though.