ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Merry Xmas - And Adieu (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1057451-merry-xmas-and-adieu.html)

Doc T 22 December 2018 09:00 PM

Merry Xmas - And Adieu

Finally decided to chop in the 2.5 Hawkeye for something practical. I'm going from 300hp to a 1.5 Ecoboost Mondeo.

Still - I get touchscreen SATNAV, cruise, AC, lane departure, ruby red metallic, 17" alloys, folding mirrors and a power boot.

Little things.

Thanks for being a great forum. Happy Christmas to all members!

Adieu!

Doc T

RAGGY DOO 22 December 2018 09:20 PM

No body cares about the mondeo
happy Xmas thou

Doc T 22 December 2018 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO (Post 12038782)
happy Xmas thou

Haha. What a total Grinch.

Choke on your pudding, homie. :)

hardcoreimpreza 22 December 2018 11:44 PM

nobody cares about a pagan festival. Mondeo sounds good though :lol1:

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO
happy Xmas thou

domino46 23 December 2018 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Doc T (Post 12038780)
Finally decided to chop in the 2.5 Hawkeye for something practical. I'm going from 300hp to a 1.5 Ecoboost Mondeo.

Still - I get touchscreen SATNAV, cruise, AC, lane departure, ruby red metallic, 17" alloys, folding mirrors and a power boot.

Little things.

Thanks for being a great forum. Happy Christmas to all members!

Adieu!

Doc T

my hatchback sti has all that and a few more bits,, 500+hp and still get 30mpg on a run lol ,, doesn't have lane departure but my eyes tend to tell me what lane I need lol

merry xmas buddy

Doc T 23 December 2018 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by domino46 (Post 12038805)
my hatchback sti has all that and a few more bits,, 500+hp and still get 30mpg on a run lol ,, doesn't have lane departure but my eyes tend to tell me what lane I need lol

merry xmas buddy

No Mondeo ever built can match my Scooby: but, family man etc etc....

I'll be back when I have £10k spare.

Doc T :)

AT@JDM 23 December 2018 09:33 AM

That's a large move. Once you get use to that comfort you will find it hard to switch back. Until one day you hear that boxer engine flying past.

Originally Posted by Doc T
No Mondeo ever built can match my Scooby: but, family man etc etc....

I'll be back when I have £10k spare.

Doc T :)

Doc T 23 December 2018 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by AT@JDM (Post 12038812)
That's a large move. Once you get use to that comfort you will find it hard to switch back. Until one day you hear that boxer engine flying past.

I get the car in two hours. I'm going to record the engine note and zorst burble before I hand her over...…

Flat 4 FTW - totally agreed. Nothing sounds like it.

CharlySkunkWeed 23 December 2018 11:20 AM

Meh. My STI hatchback has a touchscreen Satnav/DVD , folding mirrors, a/c , Cruise Control, 18" alloys. . . .

. . . . . flat 4 burble and all.

Cambs_Stuart 23 December 2018 08:07 PM

Shame to see you go, that was a nice spec d. Good luck and recommend us to whoever buys your car!

RRP1STI 23 December 2018 11:45 PM

I am mulling over this type of decision myself,thinking along Golf R lines rather than mondeo admittedly, but after 16 years of Impreza ownership,still a big decision,will I miss the noise,the enjoyment,general ownership of an older performance car..last thing I want to do is regret it��