ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   Cheaper Insurance? (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/1057444-cheaper-insurance.html)

Rich Saunders 21 December 2018 06:26 PM

Cheaper Insurance?

Had my 2006 Impreza STi Jap import for about 2 years, I'm 27 with a clean license and live in a good area. I've been using Sky Insurance as they were the only one to insure me 2 years ago and it's now about £1300 for the year (with 2 years no claims). I currently only have 2 years no claims (no accidents) due to always changing cars, but that 2 years is used on another vehicle now so I won't have that for the Subaru which means it could go up to £1600 plus.

Can anyone else recommend any cheaper solutions for an import? I tried Adrian flux 2 years who quoted £5,000.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX 21 December 2018 07:37 PM

Hi.
Sorry could I just double check was the last time you tried us 2 years ago. If it was then do please feel free to try us a again this year if you wish.
Regards,
Dan.

Rich Saunders 21 December 2018 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX (Post 12038725)
Hi.
Sorry could I just double check was the last time you tried us 2 years ago. If it was then do please feel free to try us a again this year if you wish.
Regards,
Dan.

Hello,

Yes it was. I will try again. Do I just call the normal Adrian flux number or a particular number?

hedgecutter 22 December 2018 12:35 AM

Flux spent over 30 minutes taking details, for them to tell me they didn't even cover the type of car I had. There are numerous posts on here of them failing to contact customers after inquiries, so I doubt that you will get what you want.
Gary Molesworth at Keith Michaels is the go to broker for imprezas; possibly not the cheapest , but they are excellent for modifications, and the policies offer greater cover than others, e.g. A plan insisted I use their repairer when I had a bump, then did a crap repair. KM allow you to chose.

ossett2k2 22 December 2018 10:14 AM

I switched from sky insurance to Keith Michaels and saved over £600 a couple of years ago,and this year my premium didn't go up for the 1st time in many years.

hedgecutter 22 December 2018 10:29 AM

Yeah, mine actually went down this year with Gary.

madscoob 22 December 2018 01:25 PM

mine came back this year£415 aviva so went on lloyds bank for a laugh and got it down to £249 everything declared

ZANY 22 December 2018 05:03 PM

Another plus for gary moldy at Keith Michaels :thumb:

Smithys STI 22 December 2018 07:30 PM

I also use Gary....my renewal came through last week.
I didn't even bother to phone around just went with it.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX 24 December 2018 09:44 AM

Hi,

Our club line number is 0800 916 1288 - Just make sure you mention Scooby Net for any applicable discount.

Regards
Dan

RobsyUK 24 December 2018 04:48 PM

I've just gone with classic car insurance with my jdm.
they have insured that and my jazz with both myself and my wife driving with break down and legal for a very tidy sum
I was going to ring around but time was ticking