ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Stereo still lit when key removed and bleeping when door open (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1057164-stereo-still-lit-when-key-removed-and-bleeping-when-door-open.html)

Jsav1997 30 November 2018 04:28 PM

Stereo still lit when key removed and bleeping when door open

It's a Subaru Impreza 555 1995,
Does anyone know what is the fault?? Is it a faulty ignition switch etc...?? Or am I being dumb is there a button to turn the stereo off??

ZANY 30 November 2018 04:47 PM

It’s the stereo wired to stay on all the time so you can switch it off by the source button on stereo

soloution is to take it out swap the permanent live to stereo memory which is usually yellow and ignition live to the power wire which is red

if you’re struggling pal I’m only in Accrington near Blackburn pop down for a brew and I’ll sort it for free only take me 20mins max :thumb:

i thought you was messin about with silly silly question on the oil filter mate I’ve got a few here if it’s too much Agro to get one I’ll sort it I’ve got the sump washer that you’ll need with it

any advice etc your more than welcome to send me a pm mate

ZANY 30 November 2018 04:48 PM

No question is stupid if your asking genuinely

Jsav1997 30 November 2018 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by ZANY (Post 12036500)
It’s the stereo wired to stay on all the time so you can switch it off by the source button on stereo

soloution is to take it out swap the permanent live to stereo memory which is usually yellow and ignition live to the power wire which is red

if you’re struggling pal I’m only in Accrington near Blackburn pop down for a brew and I’ll sort it for free only take me 20mins max :thumb:

i thought you was messin about with silly silly question on the oil filter mate I’ve got a few here if it’s too much Agro to get one I’ll sort it I’ve got the sump washer that you’ll need with it

any advice etc your more than welcome to send me a pm mate

okay thanks for the advice mate i will have a look at it when I'm next off work, the stereo is killing my battery so I need it sorted, if I can't sort it i might have to nip down then.
And no I was being serious but it's fine haha I know it sounded dumb. And thanks mate i will order a genuine one and if it doesn't fit I will let you know for more advice.

thanks mate.

JDM_Stig 30 November 2018 05:27 PM

Is it the standard stereo ?
If it was after market I would have said the switched live and perm live were wrong way round.

Jsav1997 30 November 2018 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig (Post 12036506)
Is it the standard stereo ?
If it was after market I would have said the switched live and perm live were wrong way round.

hi mate
yes it's the standard stereo will send photo below.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...4c66bc4d39.jpg
I know you camt really see but this is the only one i have up to now.

ZANY 30 November 2018 05:58 PM

yiur stereo looks like an aftermarket jdm item someone’s probably got the wires wrong way round at the back if your key is fine

Regarding oil filter you won’t go wrong if you ring icp or as performance you’ll get the sump washer with it posted but do ask if it comes with it when ordering

your welcome to pop round anytime mate it’ll be a pleasure to see a classic

Jsav1997 30 November 2018 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by ZANY (Post 12036510)

yiur stereo looks like an aftermarket jdm item someone’s probably got the wires wrong way round at the back if your key is fine

Regarding oil filter you won’t go wrong if you ring icp or as performance you’ll get the sump washer with it posted but do ask if it comes with it when ordering

your welcome to pop round anytime mate it’ll be a pleasure to see a classic

ahh right i thought it was standard!! Thanks mate i will take it out next week, yeah I'm looking forward to getting it back on the road!