ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   mishomoto radiator woes (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1057073-mishomoto-radiator-woes.html)

Vxr2010 21 November 2018 01:52 AM

mishomoto radiator woes

So i ordered one for my fsti , old one was ok but i thought its getting on time to change it , i fitted it correctly as i have put many a rad in a car , the little aluminium pipe in the radiator the thread was not great it was too loose then it destroyed itself so had to take the rad off again as leaking every where , i emailed mishimoto this is 9 days ago no one has even replied yet , i paid out 30£ to get it repaired then today the pressure cap housing is now leaking plus the cap that came with the rad does not work and was not keeping pressure , so customer service is non existent build quality is just as poor , i’m left very dissapointed by them one for no contact two for a crap radiator

the shreksta 21 November 2018 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Vxr2010 (Post 12035478)
So i ordered one for my fsti , old one was ok but i thought its getting on time to change it , i fitted it correctly as i have put many a rad in a car , the little aluminium pipe in the radiator the thread was not great it was too loose then it destroyed itself so had to take the rad off again as leaking every where , i emailed mishimoto this is 9 days ago no one has even replied yet , i paid out 30£ to get it repaired then today the pressure cap housing is now leaking plus the cap that came with the rad does not work and was not keeping pressure , so customer service is non existent build quality is just as poor , i’m left very dissapointed by them one for no contact two for a crap radiator

mishimoto are useless,even if you do get a reply you will be expected to pay for the return postage.

Take it off and crush it with a large hammer.

BrownPantsRacing 21 November 2018 09:53 AM

They are utter sh1t. Have heard so many problems with their kit or recent years it's madness. They can't seem to weld aluminium without creating leaks and their stuff never seems to be tested. I have no faith in their kit any longer.

Smithys STI 21 November 2018 10:08 AM

I fitted one to my FSTI about 1k miles ago no problems yet but I guess time will tell (I'm not holding my breath!)
I have fitted a few of these over the years and honestly not had any fail but maybe I've just been lucky! :rolleyes:

BrownPantsRacing 21 November 2018 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Smithys STI (Post 12035501)
I fitted one to my FSTI about 1k miles ago no problems yet but I guess time will tell (I'm not holding my breath!)
I have fitted a few of these over the years and honestly not had any fail but maybe I've just been lucky! :rolleyes:

To be fair, all the ones I've seen fail with welding issues have failed straight away. If it's working ok now, you should be ok. Scott had 3 of their alloy header tanks and all of them had leaks.

Smithys STI 21 November 2018 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 12035502)
To be fair, all the ones I've seen fail with welding issues have failed straight away. If it's working ok now, you should be ok. Scott had 3 of their alloy header tanks and all of them had leaks.

Hope so... but knowing my luck it WILL **** itself!

BrownPantsRacing 21 November 2018 10:34 AM

Sure you'll be fine. There are loads of people using them without issue and have done so for years. I've seen more issues with header tanks than rads to be fair.

Vxr2010 21 November 2018 10:48 AM

It’s a real shame as they look the part , as above mines had two leaks now , it’s just really badly put together , they would have more sympathy if they actually bothered contacting me , makes me wonder how good the warranty is ?