ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   What do you think of Scoobynet forum update? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1056989-what-do-you-think-of-scoobynet-forum-update.html)

jaygsi 15 November 2018 11:45 PM

What do you think of Scoobynet forum update?

Well noticed we have new changes on the site, most may not notice these if they use the app. But on desktop you will. Got to say not a fan, noticed a few changes to the layout bout a month ago, and now extra options. I really don't see the point.

As the saying goes if its not broke don't fix it. Or was i wrong is it broke.

For me the the changes haven't resolved any issues i new about. The only changes i linked over the years was the APP and you can upload your photo's direct to the site.

What i don't like is no reason to any of my messages to forum owners. Not seen a site administrators on here for some years now.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...971d29b1c3.png

stockcar 16 November 2018 08:48 AM

waste of time, no wonder both users and Traders are disappearing............

BrownPantsRacing 16 November 2018 08:52 AM

Haven't noticed a difference.

BrownPantsRacing 16 November 2018 08:53 AM

Although I have noticed their related threads below certainly for me are totally unrelated to the thread you're actually on. Pointless.

stockcar 16 November 2018 08:55 AM

and they have stolen the 'top' button which actually was handy at times............

BrownPantsRacing 16 November 2018 08:56 AM

Oh yes, hadn't noticed that.

BrownPantsRacing 16 November 2018 08:56 AM

Does seem a little faster posting replies though.

jaygsi 16 November 2018 10:20 AM

:lol1: App doesn't have seem to be affected.

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing
Although I have noticed their related threads below certainly for me are totally unrelated to the thread you're actually on. Pointless.

RobsyUK 16 November 2018 12:43 PM

I think there's many sections of the site that could be deleted.
with less companies advertising the for sale we tion could be just one for sale/free and wanted.
I don't think there is any point having multiple subsections

Turbovin 16 November 2018 03:28 PM

The automatic loading of a related thread is a bit annoying and confusing.

jaygsi 16 November 2018 03:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I've said that for years. To many areas. So when when someone posts it never gets answered. Think these threads need to take a long walk, down a short pier.

Attachment 72389Attachment 72390

Originally Posted by RobsyUK
I think there's many sections of the site that could be deleted.
with less companies advertising the for sale we tion could be just one for sale/free and wanted.
I don't think there is any point having multiple subsections

BrownPantsRacing 16 November 2018 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Turbovin (Post 12034874)
The automatic loading of a related thread is a bit annoying and confusing.

Yes, I'll be turning that feature off. Doesn't help at all.

BrownPantsRacing 16 November 2018 04:12 PM

Brexit thread ------> air conditioning pulley tensioner.

How the F is that related? Does May have an issue with her air-con on her Subaru?

FFS

BrownPantsRacing 16 November 2018 04:14 PM

Scoobysport backbox request ------> starwars kid video thread from years back.

Yes, totally related. Well done Snet coders well done.

jaygsi 19 November 2018 09:36 AM

I wish they would reply to messages.

1509joe 19 November 2018 11:26 AM

Just another way to increase bandwidth it automatically loads the next page whether you want to see it or not and as for the suggestions their a joke.

Wurzel 22 November 2018 12:15 PM

It is terrible, the pages are jumping about and now we have the next post shown at the bottom of the page it makes it worse. Plus the brown bar page number ing thing sucks.

BrownPantsRacing 22 November 2018 12:16 PM

I finally had enough of it today so went into my settings and turned the auto page scroll feature and recommended threads features back off. Working much better again now.

Useless updates.

Wurzel 22 November 2018 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 12035632)
I finally had enough of it today so went into my settings and turned the auto page scroll feature and recommended threads features back off. Working much better again now.

Useless updates.

Thank you, you just saved my sanity.

BrownPantsRacing 22 November 2018 12:24 PM

Progress at its best!

1509joe 22 November 2018 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Wurzel (Post 12035633)
Thank you, you just saved my sanity.

This is purely a financial feature nothing to do with an update/enhancement. You have to log in to enable the anti scroll function even if you have no need to log in. If you notice it is loading the next page and the related content at the same time. Now this is ok for people with unlimited broadband but for people who only have limited downloads is not acceptable. Also if you live in the arsehole of nowhere and have an extremely poor broadband connection like ourselves the two, three or four unnecessary pages loading in the background make viewing the page you wish to view impossible. This will result in members boycotting the forum not attracting new members.

1509joe 22 November 2018 12:44 PM

And another thing that wasn't meant to be a quote it was meant to be a reply. (Sorry) The reply function takes a long time to load due to speed of connection.

GC8 28 November 2018 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by stockcar (Post 12034828)
waste of time, no wonder both users and Traders are disappearing............

At least SN isnt as bad as Rennlist. IB have more mithering rubbish on that forum than Ive ever seen before. So bad, in fact, that it is impossible to use unless youre logged in.