ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Grenfell Bonfire (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1056861-grenfell-bonfire.html)

silver-sub 06 November 2018 12:07 PM

Grenfell Bonfire

Found this quite sickening to be honest.

ZANY 06 November 2018 12:20 PM

:mad: disgusting

wonder if if they did that with the twin towers when they fell ehhh sick b4sturds

boggissimo 06 November 2018 01:57 PM

Maybe don't share it then? Sharing/viewing it just gives them more satisfaction that they are 'famous'. As if the 10 O'Clock News wasn't famous enough.

silver-sub 06 November 2018 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by ZANY (Post 12033659)
:mad: disgusting

wonder if if they did that with the twin towers when they fell ehhh sick b4sturds

Good point.

silver-sub 06 November 2018 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by boggissimo (Post 12033678)
Maybe don't share it then? Sharing/viewing it just gives them more satisfaction that they are 'famous'. As if the 10 O'Clock News wasn't famous enough.

You could say that about many posts on here. This is what this section of the forum is for, non scooby related.

JDM_Stig 06 November 2018 02:17 PM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...18b6d28116.jpg
Twin Towers jokes like this ?

ZANY 06 November 2018 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig (Post 12033685)

fackin jokers pal
prat’s like this need CRUCIFYING with barb wire rusty nails and a sledgehammer end of....

only my opinion and how I would deal with them...

dpb 06 November 2018 07:03 PM

Set fire their shed

that would be funny !

hackisfun 06 November 2018 07:23 PM

5 people have been arrested in connection with this incident for "hate crimes"

CharlySkunkWeed 06 November 2018 08:23 PM

Stuff like this happens every July in Northern Ireland.

Mr Fuji 06 November 2018 09:20 PM

Whilst it is distasteful, should it be illegal?

markjmd 06 November 2018 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Fuji (Post 12033740)
Whilst it is distasteful, should it be illegal?

Any arrest or charges will be for posting it publicly on the interweb with the intent of causing upset, distress, etc. If you want to burn cardboard effigies of bunny rabbits, girl-scouts and Her Majesty the Queen in the privacy of your own garden, you're perfectly entitled to do that, so long as that's where it stays.

An0n0m0us 06 November 2018 11:23 PM

Utter c*nts to make a joke out of such a disaster and the horrific deaths of those caught inside. I'm hoping the press name and shame them.

ALi-B 07 November 2018 12:36 AM

I’m sorry, yes this is offensive, inappropriate, bad taste, satire gone too far (re:’victimfell’ ).

BUT

Hate crime? police involvement? The media flying Drones over their house?

FFS

When five kids got stabbed in the same week in the same city, what is more important? Some inbred pissed up cockneys pratting around in their private garden, or organised crime, gang culture and the grooming of teenagers to do the dirty work of their peers? Where do want you police resources focussed on, prosecuting a bunch of prats or chasing down gang leaders and murderers?

To me this stinks of a slow news day...Nothing new about Brexit, Trump/midterms are still pending, and nobody got killed/injured from faulty fireworks or shoddy displays.

This was a headline grabber...it will be totally forgotten this time next month. I feel we are fast heading into a world where we get offended for sake of being offended; Whilst yes this is offensive, it’s down to you to choose if you want to be offended...I’ve heard worse conversations from builders and Stuart Lee comes close on some occasions too...has he been arrested for public order offences?

Perspective:

Discuss..,

Jonnys3 07 November 2018 09:14 AM

Whilst the Grenfell Tower effigy was very bad taste, I still don't understand what crime has been committed ? How is it any different to this : thousands-gather-to-watch-theresa-may-and-boris-effigies-burn-on-lewes-bonfire . Don't see anyone kicking up a fuss about the latter.

dpb 07 November 2018 09:23 AM

Is it the same as ridiculing a particular controversial public figure though ?

An0n0m0us 07 November 2018 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 12033766)

No it's not and that is the point here. They have ridiculed the horrendous deaths of 72 people which isn't just offensive but utterly abhorrent.

Mr Fuji 07 November 2018 09:42 AM

Yet we deem it acceptable to burn effigies of some Catholics every year, people who were rebelling against extreme religious persecution, and who endured the most terrible deaths.

Time, it would seem, is how we determine what is acceptable, not the tragedy of what actually transpired.

I think they were foolish to do it, but it does seem a bit of a waste of resources to see this through.

CharlySkunkWeed 07 November 2018 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Fuji (Post 12033768)
Yet we deem it acceptable to burn effigies of some Catholics every year, people who were rebelling against extreme religious persecution, and who endured the most terrible deaths.

Time, it would seem, is how we determine what is acceptable, not the tragedy of what actually transpired.

I think they were foolish to do it, but it does seem a bit of a waste of resources to see this through.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...KAHN6g&ampcf=1

not quoting you to start an argument between sides , just purely that this is more recent people that have died and their names put on a bonfire. Very specific targeting (as in not burning a tricolour or Union Jack and the usual generic stuff)
Don't think its the passing of time thats the difference , just the fact its Norn Iron and it "just happens".

Jonnys3 07 November 2018 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 12033766)

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us (Post 12033767)
No it's not and that is the point here. They have ridiculed the horrendous deaths of 72 people which isn't just offensive but utterly abhorrent.

It's interesting that you both use the word ridicule to describe the two - and that's sort of reinforcing the point I'm trying to make. Both are nothing more than acts of ridicule, it's just that one is perceived by many to be more offensive and tasteless than the other; but that judgement is purely based on personal opinion, not the law. Where is the crime ?

Dr Hu 07 November 2018 11:59 AM

I agree - whilst it was utterly bad taste of the highest order, I do think it has been jumped on by the whole Grenfell media frenzy in desperate attempt to make it way more than it is.
But Hate crime? Prison time?
The biggest mistake was some muppet posting it online.

An0n0m0us 07 November 2018 12:29 PM

Clearly the replies show i'm in the minority in finding how abhorrent it is that the deaths of 72 people can be laughed at and to go to such lengths in making a detailed model of the disaster. I think it's more than just bad taste FFS. These people are sick in the head to do what they did, forget prison/police they need locking up in a mental institute. For anyone to find it funny they are deranged plain and simple.

BMWhere? 07 November 2018 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us (Post 12033784)
Clearly the replies show i'm in the minority in finding how abhorrent it is that the deaths of 72 people can be laughed at and to go to such lengths in making a detailed model of the disaster. I think it's more than just bad taste FFS. These people are sick in the head to do what they did, forget prison/police they need locking up in a mental institute. For anyone to find it funny they are deranged plain and simple.

I'm with you, its totally disgusting and really shows a dark side to British culture at the moment which is truly shameful!

Sadly, what they have done doesn't appear to breaking any laws. Posting on the internet may get them, but there would have to be proof of intent to offend. My guess is it will be difficult to prove such an offence and if so, then only the person who posted the video, not all those who attended/contributed.

Given their address will be well known now within the community, one can only hope an appropriate level of social justice will be dispatched!

SmurfyBhoy 07 November 2018 01:20 PM

Sickening yes,

Illegal ? surely not,

Can't make everything that's morally wrong illegal,

Posting it online however is where the line is crossed imo.

Jonnys3 07 November 2018 03:11 PM

No, I don't think you're in the minority at all. I think we all agree their actions were abhorrent but what is being questioned is the actual criminality of their moronic actions and why valuable police resources are being wasted on them.

dpb 07 November 2018 03:26 PM

They didnt have to fork out much to find them !

The Trooper 1815 07 November 2018 05:01 PM

Blackadder Goes Forth to bring some context.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" (which is often misattributed to Voltaire himself) as an illustration of Voltaire's beliefs. Hall's quotation is often cited to describe the principle of freedom of speech.

Martin2005 07 November 2018 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 12033801)

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" (which is often misattributed to Voltaire himself) as an illustration of Voltaire's beliefs. Hall's quotation is often cited to describe the principle of freedom of speech.

Are you sure that's a Blackadder quote. I'm Bladder nerd and I can't recall that line at all. That said I'm getting old and forgetful.

Evelyn Beatrice Hall made the original quote I believe

An0n0m0us 07 November 2018 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 12033801)

Whether they have the right to say it I’m not disputing but for even thinking it was funny means they are a bit special in the head and need a visit from the men in white coats.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidanc...cases-naturism

They could be done for outraging public decency or causing a public nuisance due to the wide interpretation of those charges as morality is covered. Personally I don’t see any value in that and what would be more damaging is the press outing those responsible and naming and shaming them.

The Trooper 1815 07 November 2018 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 12033806)
Are you sure that's a Blackadder quote. I'm Bladder nerd and I can't recall that line at all. That said I'm getting old and forgetful.

Evelyn Beatrice Hall made the original quote I believe

Sorry I should have put a break in the text. I quote Bladder as a reference to jesting about horrible acts of human death.