ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Engine Management and ECU Remapping (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/)
-   -   Standard ECu - Switchable Maps? (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/1056759-standard-ecu-switchable-maps.html)

hackisfun 01 November 2018 05:53 PM

Standard ECu - Switchable Maps?

Hi All,

Might be a very silly question but here goes.

Is it possible to have switchable maps on a standard ECU on a 2006 WRX STi (PPP) and if so what sort of could would you expect.

Was considering a Full (so factory spec PPP) and then an "economy" for the town / rush hour drive to work. etc

jaygsi 01 November 2018 06:49 PM

No you need aftermarket ecu.

pjarvis6666 01 November 2018 08:46 PM

does the ecutek reflash use 2 different maps ( or 2 diff boost settings) with the rear demister button on the standard ecu?

peter zippy reid 01 November 2018 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by pjarvis6666 (Post 12033115)
does the ecutek reflash use 2 different maps ( or 2 diff boost settings) with the rear demister button on the standard ecu?

two different boost settings

bludgod 02 November 2018 10:11 AM

ECUTek on that year allows 2 fuel, timing and boost and throttle maps to be used so you can really change how the car drives switching from one to the other.

BrownPantsRacing 02 November 2018 10:48 AM

Sure Andy Carr can do this on Carberry ROM.

SmurfyBhoy 02 November 2018 11:01 AM

Yep Ecutek Racerom should allow this as well as opensource

bludgod 02 November 2018 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 12033156)
Sure Andy Carr can do this on Carberry ROM.

only on a JDM as they are still cable throttle, for a UK 2.5 hawk that year ECUTek is the better option.

Markyscoob 05 November 2018 08:07 AM

I have the same 2006 STi 2.5 and my car has RaceRom EcuTek fitted. You really can do a lot with this system. My car runs 1.5Bar in one map and 1.0 standard in the other. You have the option of Launch control, flat foot shifting, downshift blipping and of course, boost and fuel/ignition maps. You can run one map as a valet mode, with boost down to 0.5Bar and serious limits on RPM and ignition/fuel to pull the power right back if you want.
mine is set to normal boost but a slightly reduced ramping angle, it comes in softer. It runs a bit leaner and generally as long as I use good quality fuel it's spot on. Second map has all the boost it can offer, which in our case with a VF43 is 1.5BAR falling back to 1.0Bar at the red line. This gives 350-360 depending on temps and about 400ftlbs peak torque.

This pre-supposes you've had a decent forged rebuild! 1.2Bar is all that's needed to lift the standard heads enough to kill the head gaskets on a 2.5........

But in properly answering your original question. Ecutek remap with RaceRom software is what you need for a quick access second map. The cost is mainly for the licence initially, so later mappings are a lot cheaper. I almost always run on the lower boost map in my car.