ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Bohemian Rhapsody (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1056713-bohemian-rhapsody.html)

urban 29 October 2018 10:22 AM

Bohemian Rhapsody

Anyone else seen it yet?

I watched it yesterday, very enjoyable movie.

RobsyUK 30 October 2018 08:21 AM

I saw a trailer on my phone and wanted the first tickets.
I then saw a trailer at the cinema and really don't like the guy playing the main role.

because of this I'm not sure I'll enjoy it as much as I could.

think I'll wait for the Chester Bennington one
#makechesterproud

urban 30 October 2018 09:48 AM

Yeah, the guy who plays Freddie Mercury is a bit odd, but he plays the part extremely well.

TECHNOPUG 30 October 2018 10:11 AM

Were there dwarves carrying trays of cocaine?

urban 30 October 2018 10:18 AM

:D
Even if that was indeed true, it definitely wasn't going to make the movie.
Today's PC world wouldn't allow midgets to wander about with trays of cocaine on their heads

Jonnys3 30 October 2018 10:55 AM

Took the wife and kids to see it on Sunday night; it's a thoroughly enjoyable bio-pic, quite moving at times, and you will want to sing along during the Live-Aid scene.

Whilst a lot of focus is on Freddie, it is a Queen biography not a Freddie Mercury biography, starting from their early days as Smile, up to the Live Aid concert.

Rami Malek did a great job as Freddie Mercurry, but the standout actor for me was Gwilym Lee, who played Brian May; not only did he look like him, but he really sounded like him too and captured all his mannerisms - there were times when I had to look twice !! Dermot Murphy also resembles Bob Geldof very closely too - again, I had to look twice at times. However, I failed to recognize Mike Myers as the EMI record label exec.

I would urge anyone thinking of seeing it to to do so at the cinema to truly experience the sound and vision of the Live Aid scene.

:thumb:

urban 30 October 2018 11:39 AM

Quite right, the actor playing Brian May was fantastic, and definitely go to see it in the cinema, unless you have a decent surround sound setup at home.
It a cracking opening scene, as you are given the first person view walking onto the stage at live aid

coupe_20vt 30 October 2018 02:18 PM

I saw it last night and it's brilliant. Agree with urban, see it on the big screen, the sound is fantastic.

wayne9t9 01 November 2018 04:13 PM

Saw the trailer, couldn`t help thinking "This is spinal tap"

Funkii Munkii 01 November 2018 06:07 PM

Thoroughly enjoyed it, thankfully done by the Brits and not the yanks as it has that warm enjoyable feeling about it, took my 15 year old Daughter and she has stopped listening to Crapital Radio and is going through my Queen collection so that is an immediate positive.

The only non credible part is Freddie telling Queen he had Aids before the Live Aid gig, he didn't contract the virus until 1987, so I'm not so sure it was even necessary to slot it in as if some viewers were unaware he contracted.

I really enjoyed Rami Malek as Freddie but throughout the film kept thinking to myself it's not Freddie, but that just goes to show what a star Freddie was and he couldn't be imitated although Malek does a bloody good job.

p.s. I did see a Dwarf carrying a tray right at the start of the party scene :D

The Trooper 1815 04 November 2018 08:51 PM

Just watched it at the BFI IMAX. Brilliantly done.

wrx300scooby 08 November 2018 11:46 AM

Saw it yesterday, very good I enjoyed it. Has the missus in tears.

Martin2005 18 November 2018 12:11 AM

Just watched it.

Really good, the Live Aid scene transported me back to a seminal moment in my life.

Queen we're always a mystery to me, most of their music I think was naff, but occasionally they created brilliance. And Freddie will always be a super star to me.

lozgti1 23 November 2018 09:54 PM

Seeing it tomorrow. Please tell me they do Seven Seas of Rhye. My favourite ever Queen song:D

In fact one of the greatest ever unplayed on the radio songs..

lozgti1 23 November 2018 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by wayne9t9 (Post 12033096)

lol. Now that was a fantastic film:thumb:

lozgti1 25 November 2018 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by wayne9t9 (Post 12033096)

Enjoyed it. But yes, it was:lol1:

Jamie 27 November 2018 08:45 PM

The chap that plays his dad in the film is a good mate of mine,ace bhatti.

lozgti1 14 December 2018 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 12036206)
The chap that plays his dad in the film is a good mate of mine,ace bhatti.

:cool:

Dingdongler 19 December 2018 09:24 PM

Never understood the love for Queen. Crap music and Freddy Mercury was a creepy looking weirdo

urban 20 December 2018 07:49 AM

Freddie Mercury was an odd sort of a guy, but I definitely wouldn't say their music was crap - far from it

lozgti1 21 January 2019 10:29 PM

Just watched it again. Ace.He was certainly one of the greats

Special people like him don't come along in this day and age of bands /singers appearing and disappearing in the space of a year