ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   The Perfect Flat 4 Sound (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1056651-the-perfect-flat-4-sound.html)

KOEScoob 24 October 2018 09:43 AM

The Perfect Flat 4 Sound

Does anyone know what exhaust or what exhaust gives of this type of sound.

I know the Ninja 2 and M2 exhausts give of a Deep Burble, however do you think this guy has got unequal headers to?

Help much appreciated.

hackisfun 24 October 2018 10:40 AM

Blitz NUR Spec R
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...aru+nur+spec+r

the shreksta 24 October 2018 11:20 AM

Personally I think a decatted system with a vortex backbox is the perfect sound for the impreza

KOEScoob 24 October 2018 11:25 AM

Thanks guys for your input, but i've heard all the exhausts mentioned above, nothing quite matches that forester. that sound is something else.

Ste333 24 October 2018 11:44 AM

definitely got unequal headers. Id agree with the above, sounds a bit Nur Spec'y. Or perhaps it's just a straight through with no rear box?

For example: https://rogerclarkmotorsport.co.uk/s...on-45-tailpipe

Rusti 24 October 2018 11:44 AM

Could be a Fujitsubo, hard to tell as mine has a sports cat rather than a decat. the other option is a Kakimoto.

KOEScoob 24 October 2018 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by RaggyBob (Post 12031869)
If u used Youtube to hear exhausts sound than You heard nothing mate,

LOL.I dont think anyone would do that. Im just getting peoples opinions on what that exhaust could be I've heard many exhausts and i know some of the ones mentioned above are not that.

Doc T 24 October 2018 06:40 PM

Ninja II FTW!

As in that's what I've got, and it's a lovely noise.

KOEScoob 25 October 2018 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Doc T (Post 12031931)
Ninja II FTW!

As in that's what I've got, and it's a lovely noise.

I have been looking at this one, Its a lovely sound and i think this is what i may opt in for, or even the M2 exhaust. very similar sound.

the shreksta 25 October 2018 09:58 AM

vortex for the win..........

ZANY 25 October 2018 11:39 AM

My blitz nur spec with Milltek decat downpipe equal length headers last year must get another

i was alwYs asked why it sounded unequal lol!

spindle121 25 October 2018 11:58 AM

invidia n1. Great Bit of kit Good sound. Got a duel N1 on my sti Hatch Love it.

frazdogg 25 October 2018 01:48 PM

vortex all the way, even just the backbox with ppp pack sounds just perfect

Vxr2010 25 October 2018 01:53 PM

The SG9 forster sti does not appear to have equal length headers , a delete mid section plus a sports box gets a very similar effect to the video , which even as an owner does sound very good

Richy P1984 25 October 2018 05:08 PM

My vote goes to a Ninja II back box and centre pipe. Has a lovely tick over and low rev deep burble, and gets loudish when you apply the right foot.

KOEScoob 15 March 2019 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Richy P1984 (Post 12032066)
My vote goes to a Ninja II back box and centre pipe. Has a lovely tick over and low rev deep burble, and gets loudish when you apply the right foot.

Ninja II it is.
Scoobyparts sell it but called a few times, no answer.

Ste333 15 March 2019 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by frazdogg (Post 12032035)
vortex all the way, even just the backbox with ppp pack sounds just perfect

what he said ^. I had an afterburner vortex on my wagon with a PPP downpipe, lovely deep tone. But not droney on the motorway.

Ash Webster 15 March 2019 11:06 AM

simple steps for perfect scoob sound

Classic STI
Decat
3" full system
Big bore JASMA exhaust

(Y)

The Trooper 1815 15 March 2019 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Ash Webster (Post 12047754)
simple steps for perfect scoob sound

Classic STI
Decat
3" full system
Big bore JASMA exhaust

(Y)

People sometimes think JASMA is a brand. JASMA is short for "Japanese Sports Muffler Association". Its a certification given to exhaust systems if they complys with certain standards they set, it is not a specific type or brand of exhaust. FUJITSUBO, Blitz etc all comply with JASMA :norty:

Ash Webster 15 March 2019 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 12047756)
People sometimes think JASMA is a brand. JASMA is short for "Japanese Sports Muffler Association". Its a certification given to exhaust systems if they complys with certain standards they set, it is not a specific type or brand of exhaust. FUJITSUBO, Blitz etc all comply with JASMA :norty:

oh i know, i should have put any JASMA stamped exhaust. just to clear up :p

Andycat 15 March 2019 04:43 PM

another one for Ninja 2
scoobyworld have them

KOEScoob 15 March 2019 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Andycat (Post 12047786)
another one for Ninja 2
scoobyworld have them

Agreed
I believe they do, but only for the new age. i dont think they have any left for the classics

SPORTWAGONROY 17 March 2019 08:38 AM

Got a decat blitz nurspec on my classic love the sound of this. And also a fully decatted milltek on the RB320 but definitely prefer the nurspec

cuprajake 17 March 2019 10:41 AM

After burners vortex and raptor both sound amazing

Nurspecs will get boring quickly there just stupid loud.

scotty boy 80 17 March 2019 11:18 AM

Could never live with one as a decat on a daily but the vortex and raptor I think are the best sounding, raptor is a stunning looking exhaust

HonestIago 17 March 2019 02:09 PM

I've had the following exhaust setups:

1. MY00 UK Turbo (OE headers throughout):
a) standard DP, 2.5" non-reasonated centre pipe and the original Prodrive backbox
b) standard DP, 2.5" non-reasonated centre pipe and a Ninja 2 backbox
c) sports cat DP, 2.5" non-reasonated centre pipe and a Ninja 2 backbox

2. Version 6 STi:
a) GT spec headers, de-cat DP and 3" Apexi N1 system
b) GT spec headers, sports cat DP and 3" Apexi N1 system
b) ported OE headers, sports cat DP and 3" Apexi N1 system
d) ported OE headers, sports cat DP and 3" Blitz Nur Spec system

Thoughts:
1. a) Pleasant but far too quiet (a de-cat with this system might have been nice)
b) Lovely - just what I was after in all honesty!
c) A slight(!) improvement over b)

2. a) Obscenely loud and raspy...embarrassingly so! Really didn't like the GT spec header sound.
b) Moderated a) slightly
c) Huge improvement, generally very nice but lacking the lowdown burble of my previous car (sounded better further up the rev range though!)
d) Very deep burble but annoyingly loud, boomy and intrusive - nowhere near as bad as a) or b) though

It could just be me but IMO, based on my experience, 2.5" sounds nicer than 3". With the right system you can get a lovely low down rumble that's loud enough to sound good and get some looks but without being embarrassing or off-putting on longer runs.

the shreksta 17 March 2019 04:57 PM

my 1st impreza sounded the best, it was a blob wrx with sti engine/gearbox and had the following exhaust

-heat wrapped de-cat 3" japspeed downpipe
-heat wrapped rcm headers and venturi up-pipe
-3" afterburner de-cat center section de-resonated
-afterburner raptor angled backbox

it popped and banged and crackled on over-run and on full chat sounded truly awesome. had a lovely deep burble on tick-over.

i put an afterburner 3" center section and raptor box on my current hawk 2.5 sti with a de-cat downpipe but it didnt sound anything like my 1st one. would a set of gt spec headers really alter the sound of the car? its the only thing thats different.

scotty boy 80 17 March 2019 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 12047908)
my 1st impreza sounded the best, it was a blob wrx with sti engine/gearbox and had the following exhaust

-heat wrapped de-cat 3" japspeed downpipe
-heat wrapped rcm headers and venturi up-pipe
-3" afterburner de-cat center section de-resonated
-afterburner raptor angled backbox

it popped and banged and crackled on over-run and on full chat sounded truly awesome. had a lovely deep burble on tick-over.

i put an afterburner 3" center section and raptor box on my current hawk 2.5 sti with a de-cat downpipe but it didnt sound anything like my 1st one. would a set of gt spec headers really alter the sound of the car? its the only thing thats different.

Not do your nut in?
I'm decat with prodrive backbox and even thinking about getting a resonated centre for it

the shreksta 17 March 2019 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by scotty boy 80 (Post 12047914)
Not do your nut in?
I'm decat with prodrive backbox and even thinking about getting a resonated centre for it

no mate, to me the impreza ownership is all about having a loud in your face car, i love it lol :)

SPORTWAGONROY 17 March 2019 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 12047915)
no mate, to me the impreza ownership is all about having a loud in your face car, i love it lol :)

Same here love a loud system on my impreza 's