ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Topgear presenters (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1056626-topgear-presenters.html)

pjarvis6666 08 July 2019 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by lozgti1 (Post 12056381)
I've only seen first one with the new 3 presenters. Didn't think they were toooo bad.

Didn't realise you could pick up a Boxter for £4k now !

Who would want a boxster tho!!

BMWhere? 08 July 2019 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by lozgti1 (Post 12056381)
I've only seen first one with the new 3 presenters. Didn't think they were toooo bad.

Didn't realise you could pick up a Boxter for £4k now !

Flintoff is an absolute maniac and incredibly funny.

I wasn't sure if Paddy McGuinness would fit the role, but him and Flintoff together makes a great team!

Even Chris Harris has become a more entertaining presenter bouncing off the two funny men!

The episode with them electrocuting each other had me in stitches and the whole season so far has been the best for a long time, possibly even better than Clarkson, Hammond and May in my opinion!

There is a danger of them only appealing to Northerners though, would be interesting to see if their appeal crosses the North-South divide! Hope they don't suffer the same fate as Mark & Lard!

RobsyUK 08 July 2019 06:28 PM

I've really enjoyed it. I see Amazon are ending the grand tour

BMWhere? 08 July 2019 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 12056412)
I've really enjoyed it. I see Amazon are ending the grand tour

Fake news!
In the last episode of the 3rd season, they revealed it was the last episode of TGT, before explaining its the last episode in the current format, but they'll be back with a new format - whatever that means!

dpb 09 July 2019 04:06 AM

Tg target audiene age range seems to be dropping year on year..

I think maybe out of the teens now

Jonnys3 12 July 2019 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by BMWhere? (Post 12056418)
Fake news!
In the last episode of the 3rd season, they revealed it was the last episode of TGT, before explaining its the last episode in the current format, but they'll be back with a new format - whatever that means!

I understood it to mean that they will be making 3 or 4 of the longer "specials" each year for Amazon.

lozgti1 22 July 2019 10:02 PM

Loved the stuff in Iceland. Mental

Loved the Supra bit..

Dr Hu 23 July 2019 09:40 AM

I actually really enjoyed this series with Flintoff & Paddy - was too short though - wonder if they were just testing the dynamic of the presenters....

MrRtm 23 July 2019 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by lozgti1 (Post 12057507)

Loved the Supra bit..

Ditto, but why he'd want the stock one over some of the monsters that flew past him I don't know lol

Rusti 23 July 2019 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Dr Hu (Post 12057544)
I actually really enjoyed this series with Flintoff & Paddy - was too short though - wonder if they were just testing the dynamic of the presenters....

agreed, I think they were testing the water a bit to see the reaction, looks like they will be back with a Christmas special.

the shreksta 23 July 2019 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Dr Hu (Post 12057544)

Yeah I actually enjoyed it aswell, to be fair I enjoyed the last series with rory and leblanc aswell

WRXrowdy 30 July 2019 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Rusti (Post 12057553)
agreed, I think they were testing the water a bit to see the reaction, looks like they will be back with a Christmas special.

I think they may already be filming the second series with Flintoff, Harris and mcguiness, as they were on radio 2 a month or so back and said as much from what I remember. Think they film a lot of it quite far in advance and the last season shown last year was actually filmed in 2017, or at least a fair bit of it.

Enjoyed the series, I though Paddy would be the weak link of the three but thought he was probably the funniest of them all. Seems to have gone down well anyway.

Tidgy 30 July 2019 01:23 PM

not a bad combo, replace paddy with guy martin though maybe?

LewisScoob 30 July 2019 02:37 PM

or just add him

Tidgy 30 July 2019 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by LewisScoob (Post 12058163)
or just add him

tbh im not a big paddy fan and i dont think he adds much to it

An0n0m0us 02 August 2019 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by BMWhere? (Post 12056396)
There is a danger of them only appealing to Northerners though, would be interesting to see if their appeal crosses the North-South divide! Hope they don't suffer the same fate as Mark & Lard!

That must apply to me then as I can't stand them, absolutely sh!te. I only watched 1 episode and it was cringe from start to finish and I couldn't bring myself to watch any more. The BBC have killed TG with these two morons presenting it. I'd rather see Chris Goffey back and Tiff presenting than watching these 2 ruin TG.

The Dogs B******s 03 August 2019 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us (Post 12058423)
That must apply to me then as I can't stand them, absolutely sh!te. I only watched 1 episode and it was cringe from start to finish and I couldn't bring myself to watch any more. The BBC have killed TG with these two morons presenting it. I'd rather see Chris Goffey back and Tiff presenting than watching these 2 ruin TG.

Bet you’re fun at parties.

the shreksta 03 August 2019 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s (Post 12058429)

Lol

BMWhere? 03 August 2019 09:08 PM

That's a bit harsh! ;)

As a Northerner living in Germany, I've learned to accept that the Northern sense of humour can be an aquired taste :wonder:

I'll never give up trying to teach them though :king:

Rusti 05 August 2019 07:46 AM

:lol1: good for you.

John 37 06 August 2019 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by BMWhere? (Post 12058478)
That's a bit harsh! ;)

As a Northerner living in Germany, I've learned to accept that the Northern sense of humour can be an aquired taste :wonder:

I'll never give up trying to teach them though :king:

Surely trying to teach germans any humour is an uphill struggle.

BMWhere? 07 August 2019 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by John 37 (Post 12058637)
Surely trying to teach germans any humour is an uphill struggle.

Haha, it often seems that way :brickwall
Although in fairness, the Germans actually have a very good sense of humour, it's just very different from British humour.
They love slapstick type humour, Benny Hill & Mr Bean type stuff but the real humour is in their word games - essentially double-entendre's although mostly not rude - which kind of works because of the structure and strictness of the German language but wouldn't work so well in English. You need a very good comprehension of the German language to get the jokes, and almost be native to join in, so its very difficult for a non-German to appreciate their humour, hence why they have the reputation of not having a sense of humour!

An0n0m0us 16 August 2019 11:08 PM

What because I don't find 2 thick as sh!t northerners funny? Clarkson, May and Hammond were funny, these 2 are anything but funny. Must be a northern thing.

The Dogs B******s 18 August 2019 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us (Post 12059283)
What because I don't find 2 thick as sh!t northerners funny? Clarkson, May and Hammond were funny, these 2 are anything but funny. Must be a northern thing.

Must be. :thumb:

lozgti1 04 February 2020 08:10 PM

God that plane was nice

RobsyUK 04 February 2020 08:13 PM

I did like Clarkson and the others and expected the new seasons to be rubbish but I like them.

TheOriginalAquapanther 05 February 2020 01:57 PM

New season has been brilliant so far as have the 3 of them

RS_Matt 08 February 2020 10:00 AM

Anyone for Nathan, Gabe and James hosting TG?

BrownPantsRacing 08 February 2020 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by RS_Matt (Post 12071623)
Anyone for Nathan, Gabe and James hosting TG?

Philip Schofield vouches for then. :thumb:

tarmac terror 08 February 2020 12:18 PM

Watched this last week for the first time in ages - was hoping the guys from the SF experience would have locked paddy McGuinness in the boot of the disco and left him in the Cairngorms to be honest.