ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Bargain hatch spec C (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1056554-bargain-hatch-spec-c.html)

bustaMOVEs 15 October 2018 07:02 PM

Bargain hatch spec C

rossyboy 15 October 2018 07:15 PM

I did think that was cheap when I saw it. For some reason Torque are able to undercut the usual market prices for Imprezas, but other makes are at the same level :confused:

bustaMOVEs 15 October 2018 08:01 PM

Maybe they grabbed it for cheap at auction. I think the rest just like a big mark up as usual.
id be tempted but it's wrong colour for me

stevie1982 15 October 2018 08:02 PM

Got a forester sti going through prep with them at the moment. Can't fault thier service and I saw this one but don't have the budget

bonesetter 15 October 2018 08:45 PM

Torque GT (Spec C) and bargains don't go together

bustaMOVEs 15 October 2018 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by bonesetter (Post 12030816)
Torque GT (Spec C) and bargains don't go together

seems one to me lol, looking at auctions these are around £18-22k landed ATM.

fpan 16 October 2018 07:22 AM

I'd like to see the auction papers for it. The price is very good indeed for a Spec C with Recaros.

MOTORS S GT 16 October 2018 08:13 AM

That Spec C on the face of it is very cheap, as said, like to see its history & auction sheet, I know what mine cost this year to bring in.

Rusti 16 October 2018 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by stevie1982 (Post 12030811)
Got a forester sti going through prep with them at the moment. Can't fault thier service and I saw this one but don't have the budget

Bought mine through them a year ago, fantastic service and car.

Interested to know which components were swapped out to make it lighter than the STi?

Don Clark 16 October 2018 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Rusti (Post 12030859)
Interested to know which components were swapped out to make it lighter than the STi?

Depends upon the "revision" (2009 could be rev B or C as their production overlapped) and which option packs it was specced with.

bustaMOVEs 16 October 2018 06:47 PM

Someone send torque a email asking about it as they haven't listed any description of the actual car but just rabbit on about what spec c are and who they are.
most likely a crash repaired I think at that price, doesn't look grubby enough to be a low grade

bonesetter 16 October 2018 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 12030942)
Someone send torque a email asking about it as they haven't listed any description of the actual car but just rabbit on about what spec c are and who they are.
most likely a crash repaired I think at that price, doesn't look grubby enough to be a low grade

Right on BM!

Yours has become a voice of reason :thumb:

rossyboy 16 October 2018 06:57 PM

If it is damaged repaired, it won’t have been a big bump at all. Torque do not bring crap over, it’s always grade 4 minimum. They have their great reputation for a reason and don’t risk it.

Is it definitely fresh import - could be a trade in? That’d be worth a little less.

bonesetter 16 October 2018 07:05 PM

The truth will out on this, but TGT need to give more detail on a car which is seemingly significantly underpriced

The Trooper 1815 16 October 2018 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by bonesetter (Post 12030951)
The truth will out on this, but TGT need to give more detail on a car which is seemingly significantly underpriced

Give them a call and ask.

RAGGY DOO 16 October 2018 11:11 PM

There’s a spec c for sale in Ireland 45k euros

hedgecutter 17 October 2018 10:24 AM

R grade for sure

stevie1982 17 October 2018 04:19 PM

It's was bought in for stock and has sold already. They are contemplating buying them in for stock so keep your eyes peeled if you're in the market for them

bustaMOVEs 17 October 2018 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by stevie1982 (Post 12031064)
It's was bought in for stock and has sold already. They are contemplating buying them in for stock so keep your eyes peeled if you're in the market for them

did you ask them that and if it had a genuine history etc?
as if stock they are missing out on some decent profit if they can afford to list it at that , must of been really cheap at auction and for them to add their profit (and we know likes of tgt is not a small profit considering their overheads) I don't buy it that it's a genuine straight motor but I'll be happily surprised if it is as that means they will be a good buyers car at them kind of premiums.

stevie1982 17 October 2018 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 12031107)

as if stock they are missing out on some decent profit if they can afford to list it at that , must of been really cheap at auction and for them to add their profit (and we know likes of tgt is not a small profit considering their overheads) I don't buy it that it's a genuine straight motor but I'll be happily surprised if it is as that means they will be a good buyers car at them kind of premiums.

I haven't asked specifics as such just that if I had the money I'd of been interested in it over the foz STi that I have coming from them so I can't comment on the history etc however it was mentioned it was a grade 4 car and C for the interior. Hope that helps a little

Might just be the case of not milking it proce wise as they wanted to see how quick it would shift as a gauge on the market value. Either way if they can get them in and keep it at that price then it'll be a benifit for any potential buyer in the long run

bustaMOVEs 17 October 2018 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by stevie1982 (Post 12031118)
I haven't asked specifics as such just that if I had the money I'd of been interested in it over the foz STi that I have coming from them so I can't comment on the history etc however it was mentioned it was a grade 4 car and C for the interior. Hope that helps a little

Might just be the case of not milking it proce wise as they wanted to see how quick it would shift as a gauge on the market value. Either way if they can get them in and keep it at that price then it'll be a benifit for any potential buyer in the long run

deffo.
i hope they do keep prices similar as I'd be interested in the right colour.

bugeyestuart 18 October 2018 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 12031107)

I emailed from the link on the advertisement, Rohanna lang replied with 'we have taken a deposit on it now so it's no longer available'. Said they may have another in the pipeline...

peter zippy reid 18 October 2018 02:52 PM

Is the owner of torque not a member on here

mike_torque 31 October 2018 11:15 AM

Hi Guys,

Just been pointed in the direction of this thread. Thanks for the interest. This car was a genuine grade 4/b at auction. We managed to buy it at a decent price and were a little unsure of the retail mark for it with 70k miles. In hindsight it looks like we under priced it as we've had loads of enquiries. It's a clean example that's currently being prepped for its new owner. Currently trying to buy some more for stock but even in Japan these are pretty rare!

Thanks,

Mike

bustaMOVEs 31 October 2018 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by mike_torque (Post 12032914)
Hi Guys,

Just been pointed in the direction of this thread. Thanks for the interest. This car was a genuine grade 4/b at auction. We managed to buy it at a decent price and were a little unsure of the retail mark for it with 70k miles. In hindsight it looks like we under priced it as we've had loads of enquiries. It's a clean example that's currently being prepped for its new owner. Currently trying to buy some more for stock but even in Japan these are pretty rare!

Thanks,

Mike

well good on you for the realistic price.
please keep the price good for us when you get a white facelift bumper one

dervdoctor 06 November 2018 11:18 PM

I've bought the mentioned spec C from GT Torque,it's a genuine car, grade 4b.
It has quite abit of service history from Japan too, really looking forward to getting it, Martyn at enginetuner is going to look at it in the next week days. Then I'm just waiting on the DVLA 😐

bonesetter 07 November 2018 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by dervdoctor (Post 12033748)
I've bought the mentioned spec C from GT Torque,it's a genuine car, grade 4b.
It has quite abit of service history from Japan too, really looking forward to getting it, Martyn at enginetuner is going to look at it in the next week days. Then I'm just waiting on the DVLA 😐

Congrats on a stunning bargain by the looks of it :)

Cambs_Stuart 08 November 2018 02:19 PM

Good luck to you! That looks like a fantastic and rare car.

Scooby_nz 08 November 2018 06:57 PM

Fantastic buy I’d say. Looks a awesome car and cheap 👍

wrx9181 15 November 2018 09:02 PM

Well done

fantastic looking car
and reading the write ups from evo mag and others a proper a-b beast
torque Gt don’t import rubbish to put peeps mind at ease
good luck with it