ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Clean big spec Bugeye Impreza Wanted (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1056532-clean-big-spec-bugeye-impreza-wanted.html)

DM_STI 12 October 2018 10:46 PM

Clean big spec Bugeye Impreza Wanted

Apologies in advance if not allowed to post this here. I'm looking for a clean Bugeye Impreza. Things I'm looking for are big spec, forged engine, JDM/STI Xenon headlights, prodrive front bumper, clean shell, clean MOT history etc. Would prefer STI but can go with an WRX if the spec is good.

Willing to travel the length of the country for the right car. Ideally would like to get an forum owner car too, with a bit of history on here. I've got a decent budget.

I would also consider an STI Hatch, Hawkeye and a Blobeye, in that order.

jaygsi 12 October 2018 11:48 PM

No classic on the list 😮

What's your budget? There is also a car forsale thread on here.

DM_STI 12 October 2018 11:58 PM

Hi mate, budget is about 15K. Yeah, have been checking the For Sale thread on here regularly. Not many bugeyes. There's a nice silver one for sale but not too keen on the styling.

Not really got a fancy for the Classics. Do recognise they are quality cars, just mainly the styling isn't for me. Just a personal taste thing.

mike74 13 October 2018 05:12 AM

With that budget anything less than a mint s202 and you've seriously had your pants pulled down.

DM_STI 13 October 2018 06:27 AM

That's my max budget, and more so for the non bugeyes that I would consider, like a big spec sti hatch. Would like to think I can get a really nice bugeye for less, obviously.

Cambs_Stuart 13 October 2018 06:50 AM

Have you consisted importing one yourself? Or contacting torque GT or Hurst cars to see what they can offer?

Vxr2010 13 October 2018 07:48 AM

All the jdm sti’s ive had, that were fairly recently imported have had little or no mods the japanese don’t seem to do much with their cars , one had suspension mods but nothing else , i a few months ago sold my jdm sti wagon on a 2001 plate , immaculate a few tuning mods, fresh import , for 5k£ , i always thought the sti wagon as a bugeye looked good , the version 7 is forged engine , the ver 8 you get the twin scroll , so your budget does not need to be that big depending what you are looking for , a fresh import is a good move

Jon T 13 October 2018 08:04 AM

Wasn't big Keith on here selling his yellow s202.

DM_STI 13 October 2018 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Cambs_Stuart (Post 12030529)
Have you consisted importing one yourself? Or contacting torque GT or Hurst cars to see what they can offer?

Yeah, that might be worth ago, cheers.

Originally Posted by Vxr2010 (Post 12030535)
All the jdm sti’s ive had, that were fairly recently imported have had little or no mods the japanese don’t seem to do much with their cars , one had suspension mods but nothing else , i a few months ago sold my jdm sti wagon on a 2001 plate , immaculate a few tuning mods, fresh import , for 5k£ , i always thought the sti wagon as a bugeye looked good , the version 7 is forged engine , the ver 8 you get the twin scroll , so your budget does not need to be that big depending what you are looking for , a fresh import is a good move

Yeah. Going to look into this. Cheers. That max budget is more for non-bugeye imprezas.

Originally Posted by Jon T (Post 12030541)
Wasn't big Keith on here selling his yellow s202.

If so, I would be very interested.

Kris76 13 October 2018 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by DM_STI (Post 12030546)
Yeah, that might be worth ago, cheers.

Yeah. Going to look into this. Cheers. That max budget is more for non-bugeye imprezas.

If so, I would be very interested.

ye he was as i was interested , £11000.
but i bought a blue bug sti instead.

big keith 14 October 2018 11:18 AM

Glad you got fixed up Kris,there are plenty of cars out there DM but not many like the s202 going up in price.Mike is right do not overpay for a bugeye my car isnt mint but its not £15,000.
Good luck with the search.

DM_STI 14 October 2018 11:30 AM

Cheers Keith. Yeah, Not really looking to spend 15K on a bugeye. It's more a flexible budget if something like a big spec STI Hatch came up (stroker kit, enginetuner etc), if I can't get my hands on a bugeye.