ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Engine Management and ECU Remapping (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/)
-   -   Cobb Map with ETS Down Pipe/J-pipe and Cat Back (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/1056454-cobb-map-with-ets-down-pipe-j-pipe-and-cat-back.html)

RickK 08 October 2018 10:33 PM

Cobb Map with ETS Down Pipe/J-pipe and Cat Back

I have a 2016 WRX with the Cobb Big SF Air Intake and an ETS cat back exhaust. After the mods it was pro-tuned on a Mustang Dynamometer. I'd like to add an ETS down pipe. Can I use the Cobb Accessport Stage2+BigSF 93 v301 map with the ETS exhaust system or do I have to pay for another Dyno tune? Thanks.

Rick

bludgod 09 October 2018 09:10 AM

if it has already been protuned then best result will be to have your protuned map adjusted to suit the downpipe.

BrownPantsRacing 09 October 2018 09:23 AM

I agree, would benefit from a tweak of the map once the downpipe is changed.

RickK 09 October 2018 03:03 PM

Thanks to both of you for your quick replies. I suspected I would have to have to pay for another pro tune.

ballyafb 16 January 2019 09:35 PM

I recently tried to buy the COBB accessport for my 2016 STI but they said they do not support the Euro market so it would not work. I was buying from Subispeed but contacted COBB in the meantime for more info. Nothing on either website saying it is not supported over here but oh well. Really need a plug and play solution!

EDIT-
Just seen you are in the US, ignore my rambling!

Don Clark 16 January 2019 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by ballyafb (Post 12041166)
I recently tried to buy the COBB accessport for my 2016 STI but they said they do not support the Euro market so it would not work. I was buying from Subispeed but contacted COBB in the meantime for more info. Nothing on either website saying it is not supported over here but oh well. Really need a plug and play solution!
EDIT-
Just seen you are in the US, ignore my rambling!

Due to differing maps requirements for different countries fuel and emissions requirements Cobb originally only supported the US home market.
In recent years that has grown to include the Australian Domestic Market (ADM) it being the 2nd Largest Subaru market (US 1st) outside of Japan. It also helps that Australia currently only requires Euro5 emission levels to be complied with.
If you had configured your vehicle on Cobbs website or looked at the available Subaru maps this is very clear.

In the UK/ Europe there is no readily available "plug and play" solution as there isn't really the market for it now.
Solution is an individually "tailored to your car map" using Ecutek or open source software.

bludgod 17 January 2019 10:11 AM

ballyafb - the 2016 cars share a lot of the ECU bits with the USDM cars, it is possible to flash a USDM rom onto the ECU and then tune it with a cobb accessport. But for that amount of effort it's much easier to have someone just flash the existing ECU with ECUTek racerom and get all the benefits it has to offer. If you want something to look at then you can get the ECUconnect interface and run the app on your phone (or a suitably compatible android headunit) to see gauges/adjust settings etc.