ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Oh my god ... really! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1056127-oh-my-god-really.html)

RobsyUK 14 September 2018 07:17 AM

Oh my god ... really!

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...c6e7afe25c.png
is this MOT tester a jobsworth or what?

ALi-B 14 September 2018 07:37 AM

Kwik fit?

Cheaper MOT stations rely on failing cars as they are doing it at a loss.

Those that charge the advised cost by the DVSA (currently £54.85), have already covered the overheads (that includes buying "slots" from the DVSA), so will be more inclined give to a PRS (pass after rectification at station, so the blown bulb would have been fixed).

Missing wheel trims is arse covering...it's very common for customers to blame garages on wheel trims falling off after a visit. I'm currently dealing with one that blaming us for the cooling fan running all the time since we regassed the AC (even with AC off and cold engine). Nope, electronic fan...fan control unit has suffered water ingress and failed, but somehow that's MY fault!?!? WTF :cuckoo:

RobsyUK 14 September 2018 07:44 AM

I mean the advisory...

ALi-B 14 September 2018 08:01 AM

Yeah noticed it: Arse covering.

There's a lot of memes in the trade about " it was ok before you had it". ;)

dpb 14 September 2018 08:19 AM

Advisories dont mean much from what iv seen . Go to a different garage get a different advisory , almost every time :)

RobsyUK 14 September 2018 06:08 PM

I just cant belive the tester would mention whether it had wheel trims or not.

it was my old work car. New gear box at 70k and a new engine at 107k 😁

Jon T 14 September 2018 06:45 PM

A friend of mine had an advisory because the engine cover under the car stopped them for lookin for oil leaks.. . Wtf

ALi-B 14 September 2018 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 12026839)
I just cant belive the tester would mention whether it had wheel trims or not.

it was my old work car. New gear box at 70k and a new engine at 107k 😁

Trust me...they do...from the door dings and bumper scuffs to the pennies in the ashtray and those mingin' trainers in the boot. If we cannot account for it, some scroat will try it on and accuse us of thieving it or damaging it.

Today have been accused of getting polish dust in the interior...of a car where it was a pigsty inside...muddy foot print on dash, wrappers on floor, smoker's haze of glass etc.

RobsyUK 15 September 2018 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 12026850)

Trust me...they do...from the door dings and bumper scuffs to the pennies in the ashtray and those mingin' trainers in the boot. If we cannot account for it, some scroat will try it on and accuse us of thieving it or damaging it.

Today have been accused of getting polish dust in the interior...of a car where it was a pigsty inside...muddy foot print on dash, wrappers on floor, smoker's haze of glass etc.

That clears things up. It’s a shame you have to write things down to cover yourself.

ALi-B 17 September 2018 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 12026951)

That clears things up. It’s a shame you have to write things down to cover yourself.

To be honest the industry has brought a lot of this upon itself. With the franchises/chain like Kwik fit upselling stuff that's not needed, main dealers fobbing you off, cash in hand crooks and cowboys bodging thing and damaging stuff then denying all responsibility, all means the customer has to be prudent. The problem is some end up going overboard looking for stuff that's not there or only noticing after a visit.

Its the same for me in that I can't leave a plumber unsupervised, because I've had too many screw me about before in the past.

I've actually looked around for some form of body worn camera so that I can record road tests etc.