ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Projects (https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-40/)
-   -   My new MY15 (New shape) STI Daily driver (https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-40/1055995-my-new-my15-new-shape-sti-daily-driver.html)

CharlySkunkWeed 08 September 2018 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 12025832)
Oh man they look beautiful. I really wanted those for mine at one point but wasn't 100% sure they suited the current shape. They are going to look perfect on yours. Honestly looked at so many wheels in the last 2 weeks it's mad.

What size spacer do you think you'll need?

Not checked mine on the car yet, I'm lead to believe they clear brembo brakes, but I'll find out tomorrow when I check!!! ��

mine dont fit at all. They already sat out too wide so with the 10mm spacers to clear Brembos they sat a mile out. Yours might be fine with not being dished.

BrownPantsRacing 08 September 2018 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by TheRaptor (Post 12025836)
wrong ET , with et35 or lower You should be fine

Not necessarily no. With brembo calipers being so wide it's really dependant on the spoke design. My wheels dish out at the edge and in towards the middle so the caliper had a pocket of space to sit in. The other wheels pictures have recessed spokes that hit the caliper. As Charlie says, he'll have to run such a low ET wheel or such big spacers the wheel will stick out loads from the arches.

BrownPantsRacing 08 September 2018 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by TheRaptor (Post 12025861)
typicall answer from You, arguing than confirming the same
10mm spacer -wrong et, end of story

Excuse me, from someone who's second post on Scoobynet is being rude to me on my own bloody thread??? Whoever you are and whoever your previous username was give it a rest. My comments are based on fact sorry. Nothing I said in my comment above is incorrect. Even with ET35 offset that wheel will not fit over a brembo caliper. Fact. Go do some research.

now please stop trolling people's threads with aggressive unnecessary comments.

BrownPantsRacing 08 September 2018 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by TheRaptor (Post 12025861)
typicall answer from You, arguing than confirming the same
10mm spacer -wrong et, end of story

I presume this is your OTHER username? Technically you are not allowed more than 1 user account on here. tut tut.

https://www.scoobynet.com/member.php?u=137543

stockcar 08 September 2018 12:34 PM

not taking either side BUT in general terms ET has little or no bearing on wheel clearance...............

std newage STi 17" is ET53 almost identical to a std newage WRX wheel but only one clears and its simply because the inner spoke is designed to allow maximum clearance

OZ superT's in 19" ET48 wont clear a std newage STi brembo.......

BrownPantsRacing 08 September 2018 05:42 PM

:thumb:

BrownPantsRacing 08 September 2018 08:14 PM

I'm very pleased to report that the new Rota wheels fit the car perfectly. No tyres on yet so only test fitted. Miss the caliper by at least 5mm and should be just the right width once on the ground and lowered a little.

few pics.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...e7b2a459ea.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...1d3d10d639.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...46e6831bdc.jpg

ZANY 09 September 2018 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 12025735)
So my wheels turned up this morning, very pleased. May get them sprayed gloss black if I don't like the bling once fitted to the car.

Also my Induction kit and Perrin FMIC kit turned up. WOW, what a great bit of kit that is. Hadn't appreciated just how HUGE the core would be!!!!

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...1799a8e897.jpg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...99f04d6c65.jpg

superb progress indeed....
evolving nice pal

BrownPantsRacing 09 September 2018 06:24 PM

Thanks mate. I'm loving it.

the shreksta 09 September 2018 06:35 PM

What's the handling like buddy? Larry New age or does it feel quite planted?

I'm so very tempted with one of these but I've put so much into my hawk that it would be like starting all over again

BrownPantsRacing 09 September 2018 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 12026055)
What's the handling like buddy? Larry New age or does it feel quite planted?

I'm so very tempted with one of these but I've put so much into my hawk that it would be like starting all over again

it's great. It really feels planted. These have got traction control on top of the 4WD system so feels even more planted. In all honesty I've not pushed it that far yet but on.a few severe corners on my journey home I think it may well be taking corners at the same speed if not faster than my hawk and FSTI but with far less effort.

These run a 245 40 18 tyre as standard so there's already more contact patch than previous models.

Don Clark 09 September 2018 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 12026060)
it's great. It really feels planted. These have got traction control on top of the 4WD system so feels even more planted. In all honesty I've not pushed it that far yet but on.a few severe corners on my journey home I think it may well be taking corners at the same speed if not faster than my hawk and FSTI but with far less effort.

These run a 245 40 18 tyre as standard so there's already more contact patch than previous models.

Same as late Hatch/Saloon with 18"OEM wheels

scooby kid 09 September 2018 10:22 PM

I like the new wheels , nice to see how they go once on, still a fan on the stocks too.

ScottyPPP 10 September 2018 06:42 PM

New wheels look nice :D

BrownPantsRacing 10 September 2018 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by ScottyPPP (Post 12026241)
New wheels look nice :D

Thanks mate. Won't fit them until suspension done. It's the natural order of upgrades!!! :)

BrownPantsRacing 11 September 2018 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by fawor123 (Post 12026306)
needs a wrc sticker kit and possibly a stick on roof vent :)

hahahaha :hjtwofing

Wouldie 11 September 2018 02:52 PM

If your not building nice cars your buying them, lol. Can't imagine there are many of those already with a forged engine, jammy so and so. Looking forward to seeing the end product brownpantsracing.
Those wheels that charlyskunkweed has bought look awesome, shame they don't fit. What make are they charlyskunkweed, not Volks are they ?

BrownPantsRacing 11 September 2018 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Wouldie (Post 12026386)
If your not building nice cars your buying them, lol. Can't imagine there are many of those already with a forged engine, jammy so and so. Looking forward to seeing the end product brownpantsracing.
Those wheels that charlyskunkweed has bought look awesome, shame they don't fit. What make are they charlyskunkweed, not Volks are they ?

Thanks mate. It just hails the start of a new project and more spending for me that's all. lol :)

Still awaiting 3 packages from the USA.

CharlySkunkWeed 11 September 2018 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Wouldie (Post 12026386)

not Volks mate as they were near double the price. They were Japan Racing and I'm still raging they wouldn't fit.

ScoobyDoo69 11 September 2018 10:17 PM

Good choice of replacement for the Forester.

Modified, these cars seem far more confident and capable than any previous model. They're not silly heavy, and the only drawback is the 2.5, which you'll have no issues with now.

Very nice :)

BrownPantsRacing 12 September 2018 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo69 (Post 12026492)
Good choice of replacement for the Forester.

Modified, these cars seem far more confident and capable than any previous model. They're not silly heavy, and the only drawback is the 2.5, which you'll have no issues with now.

Very nice :)

Thanks mate, quite honestly couldn't be happier with it. It's very nice to look at daily and puts a smile on my face as soon as I fire it up. The Hayward and scott exhaust and decat downpipe have made for such a nice refined rumble and growl from the car now it's great. Very deep and refined note, just how I wanted. Plus it seems to drift even better than the FSTI did. :D

My suspension still hasn't been shipped from the US yet and I'm getting really desperate to get it fitted and the wheels on. It's so frustrating!

Don Clark 12 September 2018 11:28 AM

Will you be swapping over your TPMS valves from your existing wheels to the new ones?

BrownPantsRacing 12 September 2018 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Don Clark (Post 12026527)
Will you be swapping over your TPMS valves from your existing wheels to the new ones?

The correct answer would be yes, as it would fail an MOT I'm told if the tyre pressure warning light were on.

However, the TPMS valves are still mounted in the original 18" Subaru wheels with the winter wheels on currently sat in one of my sheds. The forged Subaru wheels currently fitted to the car don't have the TPMS valves, only standard.

So the plan is to have the TPMS valves put on the Rota wheels with the Goodyear summer tyres, the winter tyres fitted to the current Subaru forged wheels and sell the standard 18" wheels on fleabay. Eventually.

BrownPantsRacing 12 September 2018 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Don Clark (Post 12026527)

Although that said Don, have you heard of a way to shut the TPMS system off completely and get rid of the warning light on the dash? I see no real point in this system and would rather not have it anyway.

Don Clark 12 September 2018 12:28 PM

You would need to ask someone who has experience of setting the system up and how it interacts/is integrated with other systems under SSM.
It has a separate control module and is linked into the Body Integrated Unit/CAN communication system

BrownPantsRacing 12 September 2018 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Don Clark (Post 12026538)
You would need to ask someone who has experience of setting the system up and how it interacts/is integrated with other systems under SSM.
It has a separate control module and is linked into the Body Integrated Unit/CAN communication system

Ah right, that makes sense. Thanks for the additional info Don. You really are the source of all Subaru knowledge and King of the parts diagrams! :thumb:

I have a Tactrix at the moment, so may investigate myself a little if I get time.

ScoobyDoo69 12 September 2018 10:44 PM

Don't think you can do anything with the Tactrix.

Seen some buying this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autel-TS5...-/173366463203

BrownPantsRacing 12 September 2018 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo69 (Post 12026626)
Don't think you can do anything with the Tactrix.

Seen some buying this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autel-TS5...-/173366463203

Yep, I've read about those. I have the Autel Maxiscan odb2 version and it's very good. But for that price I might as well give the car to the main stealers to sort out. :)

BrownPantsRacing 13 September 2018 02:59 PM

Suspension been shipped from US now, on express courier but may take a week still.
New ChargeSpeed front splitter now in the UK and customs paid today so should receive this tomorrow.
Just ordered new Forge turbo blanket for the VF48 turbo from Alyn @ AS Performance.

Slowly coming together now.

Also think I'm almost decided on the SC42 billet + turbo now when the time finally comes for power upgrades.

the shreksta 13 September 2018 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 12026686)
Suspension been shipped from US now, on express courier but may take a week still.
New ChargeSpeed front splitter now in the UK and customs paid today so should receive this tomorrow.
Just ordered new Forge turbo blanket for the VF48 turbo from Alyn @ AS Performance.

Slowly coming together now.

Also think I'm almost decided on the SC42 billet + turbo now when the time finally comes for power upgrades.

just looked at the price of those sc42's.............GULP!!! , i could have sworn they were around £1650 inc vat.

will your block be ok as its not been closed deck conversion?