ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Wow NSR has died. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1055987-wow-nsr-has-died.html)

Jamie 05 September 2018 08:01 PM

Wow NSR has died.

Only three posts today,not very good.

alcazar 05 September 2018 08:04 PM

Was always going to.

The site will wither away over the next year or so.

Less folk owning, drop in popularity, older owners getting p*ssed off with being abused for sharing what is good advice, the removal of privilieges we had paid for "for life" by dishonest owners, who tried to recoup losses by charging folk again, bullies in NSR who resort to abuse first when arguing....

Plus the owners have not really given a sour toss for years.

It will die a death

andy97 06 September 2018 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 12025458)
Was always going to.

The site will wither away over the next year or so.

Less folk owning, drop in popularity, older owners getting p*ssed off with being abused for sharing what is good advice, the removal of privilieges we had paid for "for life" by dishonest owners, who tried to recoup losses by charging folk again, bullies in NSR who resort to abuse first when arguing....

Plus the owners have not really given a sour toss for years.

It will die a death

Probably

I saw lots of well looked after Impreza Turbos in Australia recently, mostly around 1998/2000 models. Try out Australia website s

Jamie 06 September 2018 05:03 PM

Five posts today jesus christ.

:(

RobsyUK 06 September 2018 09:13 PM

Maybe it’s timr to allow us non payers into the adult room 😜

urban 07 September 2018 10:27 AM

Here's one for everybody, this might get us a good number of posts.

How do you tell a work colleague that they're a smelly b@stard and they should go have a good wash - in the nicest way possible of course.
And so that HR doesn't get you sacked

urban 07 September 2018 10:30 AM

Next then, with the above in mind, how do you tell said smelly b@stard that they've worn the same shirt for 3 days in a row.
And if that's what we can see, then fcuk knows what the stuff we can't see is like

alcazar 07 September 2018 10:55 AM

You need to approach HR yourself. Let them deal.

RobsyUK 07 September 2018 11:13 AM

Someone I know stinks like fook!
his teeth have only been brushed once since I’ve know him and that was by the dentist when he was having a tooth removed.

I used to play football with him and had to stop as I hated giving him a lift home after.

We would be on a lads night and a girl would come up, chat and assume it was one of us that stank.

He has 2 brothers who used to always tell him to wash and he would have something like 3 baths a year.

it really is a nasty smell. The worst bit is that he has met a girl just like him. 2 stinkers, endless cats and a German Shepard in a tiny flat. 🤢🤢🤢

Is it against the law to stink at work?

urban 07 September 2018 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 12025720)

Is it against the law to stink at work?

Probably not, but it fcuking well should be

markjmd 07 September 2018 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 12025708)

How do you tell a work colleague that they're a smelly b@stard and they should go have a good wash - in the nicest way possible of course.

Anonymous note on their desk/chair/wherever, printed on the best untraceable public library inkjet ;)

windmill84 07 September 2018 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 12025710)
Next then, with the above in mind, how do you tell said smelly b@stard that they've worn the same shirt for 3 days in a row.
And if that's what we can see, then fcuk knows what the stuff we can't see is like

I have the exact same problem with an Indian chap and unfortunately I sit next to the funker everyday. He stinks of BO, his breath (to quote Bullet Tooth Tony) smells like he's been using dog sh1t for toothpaste and if I'm lucky he will wear two different shirts in a week. Lot's of people notice it, yet no one (including myself) has said anything to him or HR about it. Maybe it's time someone did something about it...

alcazar 07 September 2018 01:57 PM

Guys, it really IS HR's problem.

They are a bunch of fekkers usually, so dump it in their lap.

Petem95 08 September 2018 11:25 AM

Hasn't helped that NSR also become infested with liberals. Anyone posting anything they disagree with is immediately attacked, so moderates have been driven away. Real shame, as back when this place was more tolerant to differing options there used to be some good discussion.

dpb 08 September 2018 01:17 PM

You can count these nationalists on one hand.

Petem95 08 September 2018 02:14 PM

As I was saying...

alcazar 08 September 2018 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Petem95 (Post 12025862)
Hasn't helped that NSR also become infested with liberals. Anyone posting anything they disagree with is immediately attacked, so moderates have been driven away. Real shame, as back when this place was more tolerant to differing options there used to be some good discussion.

My point about bullies.

BMWhere? 08 September 2018 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Petem95 (Post 12025862)

Aren't liberals and moderates the same thing?

RobsyUK 11 September 2018 07:35 AM

I try to do it but on a stupid months ban on Facebook but any scooby group - and there’s loads I always refer people here when they ask the same frickin questions a million times.

RobsyUK 11 September 2018 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by fawor123 (Post 12026305)
at least you come back every few years will another tall tale of getting another impreza,maybe you should stalk another woman and post it on here like you did a few years back :) then we could all message her.
that may get the post count back up.

it’s on its way!! 👍 And if you were to see that girl now 🤢 she’s gone down hill badly. https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...6b0e54ec5b.png

Moley 11 September 2018 11:07 AM

I'm not sure why anyone's surprised to be honest.

All internet based owners clubs are quiet these days, but what really killed this place was the trolls a while ago. (Tommy etc)

Any new members where shot down in flames to the point they didn't post anymore or left completely, and the 'old school' members left through their own accord or got bored with the playground like mentality.

I stopped posting myself as i got fed up with every thread turning into a slagging off competition, and i know a LOT of other members i still talk to did exactly the same.

Now the trolls seem to have moved on, but the damage has been done.

MrNoisy 11 September 2018 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Moley (Post 12026351)
I'm not sure why anyone's surprised to be honest.

All internet based owners clubs are quiet these days, but what really killed this place was the trolls a while ago. (Tommy etc)

Any new members where shot down in flames to the point they didn't post anymore or left completely, and the 'old school' members left through their own accord or got bored with the playground like mentality.

I stopped posting myself as i got fed up with every thread turning into a slagging off competition, and i know a LOT of other members i still talk to did exactly the same.

Now the trolls seem to have moved on, but the damage has been done.

Agree with that Gary, it did a get a little silly, a lot of BS got posted.
In fairness it's still nowhere near as bad on here as some of the horse**** I see get posted on some of the Facebook groups!
I took a break after selling up 4 years ago, but back in another Subaru now and tbh I prefer it on here.
The Facebook groups seem to be frequented by people who want to run the cars on a shoestring and issue advice that they read on google without having the first clue about the car.
So many cars have been broken now parts are getting harder to find at reasonable money, people are demanding crazy money for parts which are still relatively easy to obtain, seems to be the way it's going.

MrNoisy 11 September 2018 11:21 AM

EASY - as long as there's no CCTV in the office stay late / get in early, leave a can of deodorant on their desk ;)

warrenm2 11 September 2018 11:05 PM

The place was full of liberal SJW lefty cvnts, so as has been diagnosed before, all the decent entertaining people left for better places

^Qwerty^ 12 September 2018 08:27 AM

The fatal wound was when a group of us got told off arranging Counter-Strike meet ups ;)

hodgy0_2 17 September 2018 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by warrenm2 (Post 12026498)
The place was full of liberal SJW lefty cvnts, so as has been diagnosed before, all the decent entertaining people left for better places

WARNING Snowflake alert

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...6bd567d987.png

I suspect people know when they are being laughed at

Jamie 20 September 2018 04:33 PM

It needs a kick up the arse bring back the real regs.

lozgti1 28 September 2018 08:08 PM

I'll do a post just to keep things rocking :)

lozgti1 29 September 2018 07:31 PM

Didn't work:( darn. I really tried to make something happen on snet. Like a post or something.

I'll get my coat