ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Projects (https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-40/)
-   -   The Something & Nothing Stealth Blobeye STI Thread... (https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-40/1055847-the-something-and-nothing-stealth-blobeye-sti-thread.html)

Kaosone 22 March 2021 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 12101474)
I'm still running my MeisterR coilovers on 10 clicks up front and 8 clicks at the read (out of 30 or 32 clicks) and to be honest I love them. Rides so nicely day to day and yet holds the road so much better than the standard setup. Really happy with my old man soft settings.

Can you not get extenders for the rears so you can adjust inside the car?

so you can tun the front harder as of the weight of the car, you say. Hmmmmmm :wonder:

I found with them set softer the car just felt like it was bouncing all over the place, but this is probably down to how it felt with the Eibach springs (it could also be down to the roads round my way being all over the place, so going A to B was like driving a bouncy castle).

I could get done rear extenders but either they were out when I bought the shocks or I was put off by them being red. Should probably get some sorted for when I can be bothered to pull the seat out again.

JdmSti2006 29 March 2021 07:14 PM

did You notice more NVH/noise with perrin diff bracket bushes installed?
i have subframe locking bolts thinking about bushes yet

Kaosone 29 March 2021 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by JdmSti2006 (Post 12101983)
did You notice more NVH/noise with perrin diff bracket bushes installed?
i have subframe locking bolts thinking about bushes yet

No mate none, if there was any it was hardly noticeable. I did sound deaden my floor (not the rear seat) a while back, although the difference was minimal.

Don’t tell anyone about the sound deadening, they’ll get upset as adding a few kilo’s to a car that weighs the best part of 1.5 tonnes is apparently bad ;)

JdmSti2006 29 March 2021 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Kaosone (Post 12101985)
No mate none, if there was any it was hardly noticeable. I did sound deaden my floor (not the rear seat) a while back, although the difference was minimal.

Don’t tell anyone about the sound deadening, they’ll get upset as adding a few kilo’s to a car that weighs the best part of 1.5 tonnes is apparently bad ;)

sounds good, any improvement in changing gears 1,2 etc? to fit bushes should i lift rear with wheels off the ground or could i put car with rear wheels on ramps?
i added plenty of sound deaden mats on my doors plus few kg in focal speakers crossovers few amps and sub 😉
removed spare wheel ,cover, mat and jack

Kaosone 29 March 2021 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by JdmSti2006 (Post 12101986)
sounds good, any improvement in changing gears 1,2 etc? to fit bushes should i lift rear with wheels off the ground or could i put car with rear wheels on ramps?
i added plenty of sound deaden mats on my doors plus few kg in focal speakers crossovers few amps and sub 😉
removed spare wheel ,cover, mat and jack

I can’t say the gear change itself is better, but I have a solid pitch mount & uprated linkage bushings so it’s always been solid.

However after changing gear getting back on the throttle happens right away, it’s just there as soon as you press the pedal. No lag whatsoever :nono:

I have a 200 piece Halfords socket set in my boot, along with the spare wheel & jack. Helps with weight balance :lol1:

JdmSti2006 30 March 2021 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Kaosone (Post 12101997)
I can’t say the gear change itself is better, but I have a solid pitch mount & uprated linkage bushings so it’s always been solid.

However after changing gear getting back on the throttle happens right away, it’s just there as soon as you press the pedal. No lag whatsoever :nono:

I have a 200 piece Halfords socket set in my boot, along with the spare wheel & jack. Helps with weight balance :lol1:

have pitch mount,hardrace engine mounts,linkage bushings to.
Not sure i will see improvement with perrin kit🤔

Kaosone 30 March 2021 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by JdmSti2006 (Post 12102008)
have pitch mount,hardrace engine mounts,linkage bushings to.
Not sure i will see improvement with perrin kit🤔

It’ll stop the diff moving, reducing that “clunk” when you pull away put said clunk energy into going forwards with better throttle feel.

Well worth the £65 & nothing needs removing / pressing :norty:

JdmSti2006 30 March 2021 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Kaosone (Post 12102009)
It’ll stop the diff moving, reducing that “clunk” when you pull away put said clunk energy into going forwards with better throttle feel.

Well worth the £65 & nothing needs removing / pressing :norty:

bought it👌
will sell locking bolts as i have whiteline ones fitted

Kaosone 30 March 2021 11:24 AM

Whoop whoop!!!

Just waiting on my kick back from Perrin now :lol1:

Out of interest what are the Hardrace engine mounts like? Those are next on my list.

:thumb:

JdmSti2006 30 March 2021 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Kaosone (Post 12102018)
Whoop whoop!!!

Just waiting on my kick back from Perrin now :lol1:

Out of interest what are the Hardrace engine mounts like? Those are next on my list.

:thumb:

bought a car with them fitted on meister crd coils , no idea how it feels with stock ones,
i did linkage bushings but top ones and bottom kartboy bigger bush ,bottom from Alyns kit were to big, think i need 16 or 17mm ones- improves some shifting on higher revs , 2-3 and 3-4 ,would like to fit them all some day