ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   AS Performance advertising (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1055803-as-performance-advertising.html)

AS Performance 24 August 2018 09:02 AM

AS Performance advertising

Hi just a quick note to say we will no longer be officially advertising on SN (mainly due to the decline and therefore value for money of forum advertising) and therefore the AS Performance user name will cease to be able to be accessed.............
please contact the office direct for any queries / orders

having been established for over 20years we will still continue in the "real world" simply we wont be able to respond on here :thumb:

0191-4103770 / www.asperformance.com

BrownPantsRacing 24 August 2018 09:38 AM

That's a shame. Sad times.

Will you still be on here under a private user name?

Jon T 24 August 2018 10:08 AM

When will the new website be up and running ?

jaygsi 24 August 2018 11:29 AM

Yea why not just open a private account on here so your still visible and can answer any questions.

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing
That's a shame. Sad times.

Will you still be on here under a private user name?

RobsyUK 24 August 2018 12:09 PM

Facebook is killing forums. Sad to see as you see the same questions being asked when it’s all here.

scoobaholic 24 August 2018 12:37 PM

That’s a real shame. Always found the informative posts very valuable. It has really put the business on the map for me.

RAGGY DOO 24 August 2018 01:49 PM

How much is It to advertise on here for the year ?

T5NYW 24 August 2018 05:56 PM

100% agree social media fragments "clubs" into small reginal areas,
AS have always been so helpful in the past, but understand a sign of the times.tony

bustaMOVEs 24 August 2018 06:43 PM

Oh alyn tried to ring you this week, totally forgot last week.
ill bell you after bank holiday;)

gussy 24 August 2018 07:05 PM

Simple thing is Alyn is a proven provider of quality goods at a quality price with great service and advice why go anywhere else it doesn't matter to me personally that he is stopping advertising on here his number is in my phone and when goods are ordered they are at my door the next day what more can you ask for period.

mickywrx 24 August 2018 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by gussy (Post 12023900)
goods are ordered they are at my door the next day what more can you ask for period.

I get all my stuff same day if it's in stock, which it usually is. :D

Alyn, it matters not that you won't be advertising on here, you weren't when I got my car 13 years ago. People will always still recommend you, like they did then. Word of mouth is a more powerful advert, than paying any fee, IMHO.

Dave Y 24 August 2018 07:49 PM

Stockcar could always make a comeback.

lordharding 24 August 2018 07:59 PM

Forums are dying everywhere still look at scooby net every week but very little new information
loosing photobucket as it’s simplicity was the death for many posts as it so easy to post on Facebook now
facebook isn’t as good for project threads and information disappears down to quickly which we find on a couple of car groups I’m in

Facebook advertising is massive now and very cheap
I have 10k followers and 20 messages a night for the business I run
I used to spend 20k + advertising 20 years ago now £3 boosts an avert

Alan is well established and respected in the community so why continue supported scooby net

AS Performance 25 August 2018 08:30 AM

"Alyn" was on here long before AS Performance started advertising and always has been.............

this is purely a business decision that the £500+ per year fee is simply not justified given the falling membership

we always did and continue to supply good quality goods & services for good value for money and 'deal' pricing / 0191-4103770

rossyboy 25 August 2018 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 12023826)
Facebook is killing forums. Sad to see as you see the same questions being asked when it’s all here.

It’s bloody annoying. I can’t stand using the Facebook Groups because they’re chock full of uneducated retards that can’t even spell their own name properly.

This place has a vast amount of info stored in threads over the last 20 years. Just hope the switch isn’t flicked to the off position at some point.

Dave Y 25 August 2018 09:03 AM

I dont do Facebook but i have Alyn's phone number. Thats all you need.

ossett2k2 25 August 2018 10:40 AM

As the late great Bob Hoskins once said...

It's good to talk

:)

jaygsi 25 August 2018 03:17 PM

And when they all are Facebook will start charging.

Originally Posted by RobsyUK

Turbovin 25 August 2018 06:50 PM

I'm not using facebook and will do whatever I can to keep my favourite forums alive and hope others will too. But I fully understand the decision when it costs that much.

jaygsi 25 August 2018 08:16 PM

When that time comes I wish we could buy the website. If there not making enough on advertising they will close it.

Originally Posted by rossyboy
It’s bloody annoying. I can’t stand using the Facebook Groups because they’re chock full of uneducated retards that can’t even spell their own name properly.

This place has a vast amount of info stored in threads over the last 20 years. Just hope the switch isn’t flicked to the off position at some point.

rossyboy 25 August 2018 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 12024010)
When that time comes I wish we could buy the website. If there not making enough on advertising they will close it.

Yeah, hopefully there’ll be options if it comes to that. When you look back on old threads, it’s an absolute gold mine of info from legends of the Impreza scene... some of whom are no longer with us and some that just disappeared without trace :(

jaygsi 26 August 2018 06:00 PM

Yeah everytime I search anything on google, a lot of the link first links are all too scoobynet. Never social media.

Originally Posted by rossyboy
Yeah, hopefully there’ll be options if it comes to that. When you look back on old threads, it’s an absolute gold mine of info from legends of the Impreza scene... some of whom are no longer with us and some that just disappeared without trace :(

AT@JDM 26 August 2018 07:50 PM

Trade or private? About £12 private. Trade varies depends if you just want a trade account or advertising aswell. Which means your company gets advertised on all the forums owned by the company.

]quote=RAGGY DOO]
How much is It to advertise on here for the year ?
[/quote]

juggers 26 August 2018 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by 53 (Post 12024112)
Scoobynet was dying a toxic death well before Facebook Groups took hold. In 2018 the information left on Scoobynet is a mixture of helpful, outdated or just plain wrong. There's far better resources out there now which don't have traffic statistics boosted by NSR posts. I look at Scoobynet out of habit, in reality it gives me nothing tangible or useful in terms of a 'resource' for Subaru owners.

Sad but true.

Quite the opposite actually, the trend will find enthusiasts moving back to forums due to the quality of content. User groups on facebook have all sorts of riffraff more and more people are heading back to the forums.

johnlogie 26 August 2018 09:34 PM

I am no longer on Facebook but use twitter and Instagram. Posts get so lost I honestly don’t know how they can compete with forums. Hopefully it will phase out and the forums will return. Plenty of good info stored on here

SouthWalesSam 27 August 2018 02:35 PM

I still find Scoobynet very useful.
It's great for problem tracing and still helpful for getting people's experiences and opinion and tips.
Hope it's going to be around for a bit longer.

jaygsi 27 August 2018 04:10 PM

I still find it useful aswell. So be honest there use to be a lot of trolls on here, but they've all gone now which is good. Use to get them on all the time.

Lost a lot of breakers, only Matty left now. Use to have Darren, poor customer service but cheap parts.

AS Performance 28 August 2018 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by ossett2k2 (Post 12023974)
As the late great Bob Hoskins once said...

It's good to talk

:)

not like we are going anywhere just not lining someone's pockets anymore...........our workload is massive and is another reason we dont get time to "surf" various forums

the likes of TypeRA has more accurate and enthusiatic aimed info i find (as do many others)

JDM_Stig 28 August 2018 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by AS Performance (Post 12024311)
not like we are going anywhere just not lining someone's pockets anymore...........our workload is massive and is another reason we dont get time to "surf" various forums

the likes of TypeRA has more accurate and enthusiatic aimed info i find (as do many others)

Most of the forums for cars are dying off, the more popular ones now days are for drones and the like/

type-ra 29 August 2018 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by AS Performance (Post 12024311)

Thanks for the kind words Alyn:thumb:

Can you now sort the turbo blanket group buy please :)

Dean