ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Looking to buy a scooby??? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1055740-looking-to-buy-a-scooby.html)

auditurbzdan 19 August 2018 03:53 PM

Looking to buy a scooby???

hi, I am looking to buy a scooby, could someone please tell me which model is the best to go for and its got to be turbo model as well.

Also can members on here please tag me in cars that are for sale please.

Thank you very much

Dan

the shreksta 19 August 2018 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by auditurbzdan (Post 12023187)
hi, I am looking to buy a scooby, could someone please tell me which model is the best to go for and its got to be turbo model as well.

Also can members on here please tag me in cars that are for sale please.

Thank you very much

Dan

what is your budget?

what do you intend to do with the car? fast road daily/weekend car/mega bhp track car?

auditurbzdan 19 August 2018 04:11 PM

Budget is £2000-£3000 and it is going to be a daily car but I want power but also want it to be cheap ish on insurance as I know there is certain turbo models that are more expensive than others.

the shreksta 19 August 2018 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by auditurbzdan (Post 12023191)
Budget is £2000-£3000 and it is going to be a daily car but I want power but also want it to be cheap ish on insurance as I know there is certain turbo models that are more expensive than others.

£3k is scraping the bottom of the barrel buddy, for that your looking at a turbo2000 with around 250bhp ish.

shame you cant go to £4k as for that you could have something like a blob wrx and take it to 270 odd bhp.

funkyrimpler 19 August 2018 04:58 PM

A few years ago perhaps, but i think you'll have to do some serious looking to find what you want at that budget..Im sure there's something out there but you'll have to persevere.

Badgie 19 August 2018 04:59 PM

£2-3k wont get you much thats got power without rust problems. The other problem is you want cheap insurance which wont be cheap when you declare the mods to make it have power.

Best bet would be to save up more, read into exactly what model/models you want then have a look.

Doc T 19 August 2018 07:28 PM

Or buy a 118d and re-map it. :lol1:

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX 24 August 2018 10:50 AM

Hi.
If you need any help with insurance for any model you're looking at then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan,