ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   Man Utd 2018-2019 (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/1055565-man-utd-2018-2019-a.html)

Funkii Munkii 06 August 2018 12:57 PM

Man Utd 2018-2019

Well it's back on Friday I'd normally be excited with the new season ahead

To to be honest after following United for 40+ years this year I am not remotely excited I'm still deeply troubled by what Mourinho/Woodward are doing in the transfer window and Mourinho's complete lack of man management skills along with his miserable negative demeanour bringing everyone sown and scarring potential transfer targets off because of his negative boring disjointed style of football and lack of youth developement, the latter being my biggest concerns when he took the job and he proved me and Bobby C correct.

I feel no different about Mourinho and our awful brand of football since I walked out of Wembley in May, I said to my mate that afternoon I'll give him one more season, by the time I had driven home I was ready to let him go there and then he's not going to change.

Already I see no change in anything and it will be another season of listening to his crap having to put up with watching dire football and quality players (some) being unable to express themselves.

Thankfully VAR wont be used in the EPL this season so Chris Smalling has another season to stop wrestling anyone the enters the box to the floor.

The only positives I can see

Fred arriving
De Gea staying
Perreira and Chong making it into the first team squad, hopefully Angel Gomes also makes it

[img]https://premierleague-static-files.s3.amazonaws.com/premierleague/photo/2018/06/21/e212fb8f-1f1f-4947-a03b-eae2b45b7733/Fred-joins-MUN-3.png[img/]

sprigeteer 06 August 2018 08:47 PM

Broadly agree to be honest. The pre-season was underwhelming and the lack of threat up front, especially from the midfield, is worrying. I just can't see us scoring enough goals to truly scare the opposition or challenge City. We won't ship many goals though. Chong is an interesting prospect. But none of the flair attacking players seem to want to come to Utd and play for Maureen - well, that's how it appears from the outside looking in. Fingers crossed for a good start against Leicester.

Funkii Munkii 09 August 2018 11:49 AM

New theory on the lack of transfers

They're not giving Jose any more money, work with what you've got because we're going to sack you anyway

KillianGF8 09 August 2018 12:54 PM

Hard to feel too positive about the coming season if I'm honest. Can't see past City. I tried to stay supportive of Jose and believe in his track record but I'm burnt out now. The comments he makes publicly about his players are unacceptable. We need to get someone who the players will respond to.

sparrowdclxvi 10 August 2018 09:59 AM

Based on how pre-season and the transfer window have gone, I think you're going to struggle to make the top 4.
The comments by Mourinho and lack of transfer activity point to something happening in the background.

As a Liverpool fan, I'm really looking forward to this year. I think we'll be close to City. They haven't done enough in the transfer market, so we have a sniff of a chance,

Funkii Munkii 10 August 2018 11:09 AM

Hate to say it but Lfc should be pushing City this season, although if I was a City fan I wouldn't be too worried with only Mahrez coming in, it's theirs to lose.

Fulham, Wolves, West Ham and Everton have all been spraying the cash about so it will be interesting to see how they go as well

KillianGF8 10 August 2018 04:50 PM

Everton did some good business I think, and Silva is a good manager. Rumours that Usmanov has put his arsenal money into everton will be interesting how they perform now.

As much as I hate to say it i think Liverpool are going to be the only team to mount a real challenge to City this year :(

urban 11 August 2018 03:40 PM

Well, I thought they played a bit better last, still lacking at the back though, De Gea on form straight away
Midfield seems improved, and Fred certainly put the effort in

sprigeteer 12 August 2018 09:47 AM

Fred was a breathe of fresh air. But to concede so much possession at home was poor. Against quality we will find it tough. The performance was average. But 3 points is 3 points. Pogba was good too, was de Gea. Rashford was poor and I'd rather see Martial in. It could be a long season . . . But it's early days and must not be too negative.
Liverpool, Spurs and City the top 3 is my guess. Today's matches should be a good watch.

Funkii Munkii 13 August 2018 11:38 AM

Another thumbs up for Fred, love the fact he never stopped grafting, this is what you get with a Brazilian street footballer, kick me and i'll kick you back but harder.

Pogba played well but lack of celebration and his comments post match show he is ready to go imho, really need Jose gone before next summer

Anyway, Sadiq Khan and Jose Mourinho, seperated at birth and both useless twats !! :lol1:

urban 19 August 2018 05:36 PM

What utter shyte. Should really be about 5 - 1 given what I've been watching

sprigeteer 19 August 2018 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 12023206)
What utter shyte. Should really be about 5 - 1 given what I've been watching

So poor in every area of the pitch. If I'd paid money to travel and watch that drivel I'd want my money back. No team spirit/leadership on show either. Late pen was neither here nor there. We did not deserve anything and 3-2 papers over the cracks. Shocking lack of quality from a team littered with internationals. First touches were all over the place, no continuity and panic at the back. Good God.

jasey 27 August 2018 09:46 PM

There's always next year :)

urban 27 August 2018 09:47 PM

Shocking again

Funkii Munkii 28 August 2018 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by jasey (Post 12024280)
There's always next year :)

That comment is based on plenty of personal experience eh ;)

Funkii Munkii 28 August 2018 12:42 PM

WTF have I just seen, this is indicative of where we are these days

https://i2-prod.manchestereveningnew...828-WA0003.jpg

urban 28 August 2018 12:53 PM

I think if Lukaku had of scored that really early chance, the result would have been different.
Phil Jones - WTF.
How we got away without a penalty is beyond me.
I think united played well for a lot of the game, just defensive mistakes again, and Lloris had a really good game.

urban 28 August 2018 01:18 PM

We need another Nemanja Vidic and a Jaap Stam

pauld37 28 August 2018 03:16 PM

Great news conference by Mourinho to :lol1:

jasey 28 August 2018 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 12024403)
That comment is based on plenty of personal experience eh ;)

I know what I'm talking about (When it comes to waiting for a good year) ;):D

Hopefully just 4 or 5 to go !!!

jaygsi 28 August 2018 08:07 PM

Thought it was a great performance. Was messy and CB's were awful. But prefer watch them play like that and loose 3-0 than watch anymore boring games.

alcazar 30 August 2018 10:30 AM

I'm loving it. I'm not an ABU, but I do roundly dislike Josie-Maureen the Ho.

So it's fun to watch the bigheaded tw@t lose it in public.:D

Funkii Munkii 26 September 2018 12:35 PM

We really can't get any lower than a snakes belly at the moment.

Ed or someone with some balls needs to drag PP and JM into a room and smack them around the head and remind them of who they work for and neither is bigger than the club. I said from the off this would happen under Maureen.

jasey 26 September 2018 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 12028329)

Ed or someone with some balls needs to drag PP and JM into a room and smack them around the head and remind them of who they work for and neither is bigger than the club. I said from the off this would happen under Maureen.

Arsene is still looking for a new challenge ;):D

sparrowdclxvi 26 September 2018 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 12028329)

It's too far gone now. PP will go in January, and Mourinho will get his marching orders. To publicly state that a player will never be captain is madness.
Even if Mourinho is sacked, I can't see PP staying, but I doubt United would want to be seen to be bowing to player pressure.

Jonnys3 26 September 2018 01:27 PM

Not wanting to gloat, because it took penalties for us to beat Utd last night, but how do you lot think we played ?

JDM_Stig 26 September 2018 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jonnys3 (Post 12028339)
Not wanting to gloat, because it took penalties for us to beat Utd last night, but how do you lot think we played ?

Frank started the Bounce . . says it all.

BrownPantsRacing 26 September 2018 04:23 PM

As a Derby County supporter I really feel for you all.

:D

Funkii Munkii 27 September 2018 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by sparrowdclxvi (Post 12028336)
It's too far gone now. PP will go in January, and Mourinho will get his marching orders. To publicly state that a player will never be captain is madness.
Even if Mourinho is sacked, I can't see PP staying, but I doubt United would want to be seen to be bowing to player pressure.

You're right they both need to do one

Funkii Munkii 27 September 2018 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Jonnys3 (Post 12028339)

I thought Derby were excellent, played as a team and played some lovely football, complete opposite to United