ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Amazing!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1055326-amazing.html)

Dave Y 20 July 2018 07:17 AM

Amazing!!

One or two of you will know that my wife and I are foster carers.Seventeen months ago two brothers were placed with us.Lets just say they hadn’t had a very good start in life.They didn’t want to be in care in fact the elder one refused to come into our house then when his social worker managed to pursuade him to come in he just stood there in our sitting room and cried his eyes out.To cut a long story short last night was his schools end of year award ceremony,he was told he had won an award so last night off we went.He won an award for his artwork.So finally we come to the last award of the night the headmaster was saying the winner had been through all sorts of crap in his life then said this trophy 🏆 is nearly as big as the recipient,he is a short arse.My wife said it’s him he’s won it. By now this hairy arsed old trucker had tears in his eyes yes Adam had won student of the year. Amazing after all the **** he has had and never going to school in seventeen months he had turned it all around.
All three of us were buzzing, he still is. Sorry for going on but I thought I would share this with you all and for anyone contemplating fostering go on give it a go.
In the car on the way home he said “Dave and Claire this is our award “

pimmo2000 20 July 2018 07:31 AM

Full credit to you, being a parent is difficult but taking over when someone else isn't up to task (for whatever reason) with what are normally either very shy or very difficult kids is something to be proud of.

Well done you two.

Dave Y 20 July 2018 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 12019231)
Full credit to you, being a parent is difficult but taking over when someone else isn't up to task (for whatever reason) with what are normally either very shy or very difficult kids is something to be proud of.

Well done you two.

Thanks Pimmo:thumb:

1509joe 20 July 2018 10:07 AM

Fair play and well done to the two/three of you glad to hear something positive nowadays :thumb:

johned 20 July 2018 10:20 AM

Great stuff and i am glad all the hard work you and your wife have put in has paid off.

An0n0m0us 20 July 2018 11:05 AM

Always good to hear a positive and happy story so glad you shared. Well done and without parents like you these children would never have a hope in life :thumb:

Dave Y 20 July 2018 11:07 AM

It was a very emotional end to the night.The last seventeen months have had their ups and downs but well worth it.

hedgecutter 20 July 2018 01:44 PM

Nice to hear something good these days. Well done

wrx300scooby 20 July 2018 04:13 PM

:luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello:
Great to hear your fantastic news, well done to you all.:thumb::thumb:

johnlogie 20 July 2018 06:19 PM

Excellent Dave, you and your mrs must be doing a great job and good to see the little fellow has settled and doing well. Must be very rewarding, hats off to the 3 of you

Dave Y 20 July 2018 06:29 PM

just picked him up from work experience and took him out for a meal to celebrate.

lozgti1 20 July 2018 08:15 PM

Nice to hear the good things that people do and the things that can can happen. Kids aren't all bad. Just need guidance

Nice one Dave and yer missus.Lol:thumb:

silver-sub 20 July 2018 10:48 PM

Good on you sir!

scoobypaul_temp 20 July 2018 11:31 PM

Great to read something like this, as others have said, respect to you for doing what you do.

Well done all of you :thumb:

chocolate_o_brian 21 July 2018 03:57 PM

Superb stuff Dave! Full credit to you guys for your efforts.

My now 7 year old was diagnosed autistic this time last year and reading his school report this summer had me in tears too (not ashamed to admit that).